KeyBank Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 6, 2017

2.2

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank.

Interview

Apply online for a number of positions, wait for a couple weeks, get an emailed virtual job tryout, wait a week, get a phone interview, wait a week, get an interview with the District Ops Manager, wait a week, get an interview with the branch management, wait a week, get an offer and instructions to go get drug tested while they do background checks, wait two weeks, start.

Interview Questions

• None, all the typical questions. Hard client experience, management/coworker difficulty, great customer experience, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Was immediately told the offer stands as is.

Other Interview Reviews for KeyBank

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at KeyBank (South Bend, IN) in May 2014.

Interview

I was asked three to four times how well did I handled stress. My interview was pretty much a discussion about what I have done in the past (previous banking experience) and how familiar was I with selling. The job has selling goals that are expected to be met to be considered an employee doing satisfactory work.

Interview Questions

• How well do you handle stress?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KeyBank (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process was pretty smooth once I was called as month later after applying for a teller position. they told me that they would call within a week because they had other candidates... however they called me an hour after my interview to offer me a position. I accepted the offer and was satisfied with my position with Key Bank.

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank (Quincy, WA).

Interview

Hiring process kind of leaves you in the dark and you're left wondering what to do next. The interview was fairly easy and the women whom I talked to were fairly nice.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank (Seattle, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

3 interviews to get this position, relatively simple, just look a customer service experience. First one is phone interview, then group interview and final one is in branch interview with a branch manager. All the interviews are simple and asking for same questions over and over again in all of those interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KeyBank (Salem, OR) in November 2015.

Interview

First interview was via phone, second interview at branch with managers. Management was nice and thorough, young which shows possibility of career growth. Overall positive experience. Key bank promotes a more customer driven environment around building relationships.

Teller Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank.

Interview

it was easy keep in contact very nice good company beside bad managers they are nice managers only worry about them will always work for them in the future wonderful place to work

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank (Buffalo, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

I walked in seeking employment, resume in hand. I spoke to the client service manager, who seemed eager to take my information. I was asked to apply online and that I would receive a call. Within a week, I was called for an in person interview with the branch manager and client service manager. I was immediately offered the position with a tentative offer. Over the next three weeks, I had a phone interview with he human resources associate. She than proceeded to perform a background check and I had to schedule a drug test. When everything came back, I was able to begin employment with Key Bank.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This entails any position, but to always aim high. I was told initially that this was an entry level position paying no more than ten dollars per hour. I than said I couldn't take anything less has eleven. During he process, they were very impressed with my sales experience and wanted to place me in a different position but a different offer was not made. Then requested another dollar added on to my hourly pay for additional responsibilities.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodinville, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank (Woodinville, WA) in March 2012.

Interview

After completing an online application, I received an invitation to complete a 'virtual screening', which was an online series of questions ranging from questions about how you would handle specific situations (multiple choice) to 'math type' questions. After passing that screen, I was invited to an 'interview day' in their corporate office, which took place almost a month later. I've done panel interviews before (both as an interviewer and as an interviewee), but this was the first time I'd ever heard of a group interview, where there were several of us (5) who were applying for the same position in the same room, all being asked questions (individually, one at a time) by a panel of 4 or 5 company managers. (I have since learned that this seems to be fairly common in the banking industry for teller positions.) None of us was asked the same question, with the exception of some basic questions about our backgrounds and which branch we were looking to work at. All the situational questions asked of each of us were different. Following that process, which took about an hour, we took about a 10-minute break, at which point each of the managers came back and took each of us separately into a different room for a 1:1 interview. Based on the description of the job during the process, I realized that it was probably not something I wanted to do, and pretty much took myself out of the running during the 1:1 interview, however I felt comfortable during the interview and it was very well handled by all of the managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer or client? What happened, how did you handle it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Moses Lake, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at KeyBank (Moses Lake, WA) in September 2012.

Interview

Since I was a current client to KeyBank I heard the position and talked with the Tellers/Lead Teller about it before hand. Since they already knew me the interview was quick and easy. Alot was already known.