KeyBank Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

2.2

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KeyBank.

Interview

Whole process took 2 weeks. One phone screening and one in person interview. Job offered same day as second interview. Very pleasant interviewers, easy interviews. I happily accepted the position

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for KeyBank

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank (Toledo, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

one formal interview with branch manager, a second interview with two operations leaders. both interviews were between 30 and 45 minutes. the interview went very well. the manager and OLs were very nice and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in your past (work) have you encountered a problem, and how did you solve this problem?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KeyBank.

Interview

Applied online, took an online virtual tour of a day in the life of a teller, received a phone interview, in person interview with the hiring manager. Took drug test and background check. Job offer received by phone/text. Accepted offer letter.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to gain out of this position?
      How long do you see yourself working for this company?
      What are your goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KeyBank (Salem, OR) in November 2015.

Interview

First interview was via phone, second interview at branch with managers. Management was nice and thorough, young which shows possibility of career growth. Overall positive experience. Key bank promotes a more customer driven environment around building relationships.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KeyBank (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online for the position. I got a call about a week later to do a phone interview. It went well, the lady thought I did great and that she would push my application through. A week later she emailed me saying she lost all of the questions I answered (she was typing during the phone interview) and she asked me to email her back my responses. I didn't mind, I understand technology has its flaws. Over a month later, they sent me an email stating they hired someone else. By this time I had already landed a job. I can tell by this experience that this bank is very unorganized. The whole process from when I applied and from when I received a response took two months.

Interview Questions

• What's your ideal salary? Tell me of a time you had to provide exceptional customer service? Tell me of a time you couldn't solve an issue? Are you comfortable with reaching individual sales goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank (Seattle, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

3 interviews to get this position, relatively simple, just look a customer service experience. First one is phone interview, then group interview and final one is in branch interview with a branch manager. All the interviews are simple and asking for same questions over and over again in all of those interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank (Quincy, WA).

Interview

Hiring process kind of leaves you in the dark and you're left wondering what to do next. The interview was fairly easy and the women whom I talked to were fairly nice.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank (Denver, CO) in November 2013.

Interview

First you apply online
    After their computers weed you out, they send you a "skills test"
    After their second round of computers weed you out, you get real contact from the HR department
    You have a phone interview
    You set up a sit down interview with the branch manager and the Area Region Leader
    Now they know they want you.
    They set up a drug test and full background check
    You pass and they send you an offer letter with a start date and rate of pay and benifits
    The rate of pay isn't what you discussed in the sit down.
    You play with HR for a day or two getting them to write an offer letter with the correct pay.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you talking with people?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Barre, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank (Barre, VT) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview process was preceded by a test, some multiple choice, some long answer, some research (felt a bit like high school). While it was not difficult for me, I found it was a bit extreme for an entry level, minimum wage job, and could see how others might find it ominous.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing your previous co workers would say about you?   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KeyBank.

Interview

I filled out an application online, took their virtual job tryout, and heard back from a recruiter 2 days later, but I was at work and unable to take the call. I called back and told her what times I would be available the next day, but I guess she didn't listen because she called me back when I told her I was unavailable. Anyway after a week of phone tag I had a phone interview and did well enough to have my info passed on to the branch itself. I had an interview, which I thought went well, and was told I would "definitely hear back from them". Its been three weeks with nothing. I expected a bank to at least be professional enough to let me know they had moved on with other candidates. Then I got an email letting me know they received my application for a branch in a nearby location (that I never applied for), so I guess I was just thrown back into their talent pool, though it would have been nice to hear that from the company itself.

Interview Questions

• They were very interested in my sales experience and how exactly my sales goals worked. They also asked about my money handling skills, how much I'm comfortable handling, and if I was comfortable recommending other services to clients. Overall it was a pretty easy interview and nothing threw me for a loop.   Answer Question