Keyence Sales Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Keyence Sales Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Keyence (Denver, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me, I filled out a questionnaire, then I had an interview using hirevue (7 or 8 questions). A couple of days later, I was emailed a link to take a personality test. About a week after taking the personality test, I was sent an email to notify me that I was no longer being considered for the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Keyence

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Keyence (Huntsville, AL) in July 2016.

Interview

I'll cut to the final interview and after process since everyone covered the rest. I drove to the local office for my final interview, even though I was not interviewing for that location. The interview consisted of a "getting to know you" period, followed by a 5 min sales presentation on one of their products, and a 15 min sales Roleplay where you sell pens. It was a hard interview to prepare for; the PDF they send you for your product presentation is 35 pages long. It took me awhile to prepare, but I nailed it. Put in the work and it'll pay off. Primarily because they can see if you care enough to put in the proper amount of studying to kill your interview. That's what they want to see -- hard work. After my interview I didn't hear back for nearly 3 weeks. They kept me updated via email though, so I had a feeling I was the top candidate during the process.

Long story short -- prepare. Prepare for all the steps and you'll do fine. Also, I got a 98 on my caliper exam, so a word of advice -- answer aggressively and don't act like pleasing people is your top priority. Often times people try to answer these things like they love people, and they don't even actually feel that way. Well don't do that, because luckily for you, they don't want that. Answer honestly (i.e. aggressively; we are sales people after all) and be consistent in your responses and you'll be good.

Anonymous Employee in Elmwood Park, NJ

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Keyence (Elmwood Park, NJ).

Interview

Applied on website, contacted by HR sent Bennett physics test - very simple test mostly levers and pulleys, then a hirevue interview just try and make it flow. Last a caliper personality test with some math sequencing questions. After that it's a final round interview - you present a product and have to upsell them a pen.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself (your story, etc)   Answer Question
    • Why Keyence? What are you looking for in a job?   Answer Question
    • Why are you looking to leave your most recent role?   1 Answer
    • What turns you off about a sales role?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary and benefits are very accommodating, no negotiation needed

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Keyence (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Began the interview process with a recruiter. Took a series of tests including the Bennett mechanical comprehension test, followed by a phone interview, video interview via Hire Vue, then a caliper personality test. Did not receive an offer upon completion of the personality test. I believe it was probably the video interview where I probably did not meet their expectations. Overall, it was an okay experience, just wish there was more human interaction. Seems like the recruiter just wanted me to complete their interview so they could receive commission for the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell your story, your background, who you are, and the most important thing about you
      Why are you pursuing a career in Technical Sales?
      What personal and professional characteristics do you have that would make you successful in a sales role?
      Tell me about an uncomfortable situation, how did you work through it?
      What motivates you? On the other hand, what demotivates you?
      Tell us about the future, what are your career aspirations, where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What are your location preferences and why?
      Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Keyence in August 2016.

Interview

1. Apply online at keyence website
    1.5 mechanical aptitude test (a joke)
    2. Over the phone interview with managers
    3. Recorded interview through hirevue
    4.caliper personality/ logictest
    5. review of pre recorded interview by managers
    6. Get dropped

Interview Questions

• Why would you make a good sales engineer, describe an uncomfortable situation at work and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Keyence in July 2016.

Interview

mechanics test
    phone interview
    hirevue (where i was dropped)
    personality test
    in person interview

many people think that they are dropped due to the personality test but it that is automatically generated after the hirevue interview. the truth is it takes a few days for them to review the hirevue. so i think most people are dropped after the hirevue.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Keyence (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2016.

Interview

Bennett Mechanical aptitude test, then an automated video interview.

I was excited at first but realize that I dislike the idea of answering prerecorded questions by myself with no interaction. It just felt unnatural I think that this is a good way to save time of hiring staff but will allow good candidates to slip through the cracks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation you encountered   1 Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Keyence.

Interview

It was long, but in the end it was well worth it. Several steps in order to get to the final interview stage. After being contacted by the recruiter, you take a series of tests and interviews till the final interview. A great learning experience, if nothing else.

Interview Questions

• How has your past experience helped you prepare for a role of sales engineer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Keyence (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

This interview process was ridiculous. Bennett Mechanical aptitude test, HR phone interview, video interview, Caliper personality test, and then an in person interview. I made it to the Caliper personality test. I'm just not sure why a determining test like that is round 4. Just felt like that should have been earlier in the process. I also did not like that I went thru 4 "phases" without actually meeting someone.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation you have been in and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Keyence (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was directed to the company via a recruiter, who was very helpful and contacted me almost immediately. Soon after applying to the company I was asked to take a mechanical skills test which, like many others have stated, was very simple.

Following this was a short phone interview with an HR representative who asked me to explain my resume, why I was interested in the position, and reiterated a few questions from the original application on their website.

This is as far as I have gotten currently in the process, I have been moved forward to take a prerecorded video interview.