Keyence Sales Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 9, 2017

3.3

114 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Keyence (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Was reached out by a recruiter:

- personality test
- took and passed Bennet test
- completed a "hireview" interview
- flew out to Chicago for a round of interviews and product sales role plays

- had a video conference call interview
- one last phone interview with direct manager

Interview Questions

• Why Keyence/Sales?
    Do you have a background in Tech or Engineering?
    Why the location?
    Tell me about yourself?
    Sell me this pen   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable, they start you at a base salary based on where you will be working (cost of living).

Other Interview Reviews for Keyence

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Keyence (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

It was long and difficult. Had to do 2 phone interviews, followed by a physics test, then a video interview, followed by personality exam and then they flew me into the headquarters in Chicago for the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• They ask you to sell them either white out fluid or white out tape and you are to assume whatever you are trying to sell them, they are already using the other; so you have to get them to switch.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Keyence (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

called by recruiter, sent link for assessment.......you cant move on if you fail the assessment. I failed....they are missing out on quality people due to these tests.....not everyones abilities can be proven in a test......

Interview Questions

• The mechanical reasoning test.......seemed ultra easy while taking it. I know I missed it by a hair......   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Keyence (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

I started the process by reaching out to a recruiter. After the initial screening from the recruiter, I applied and had a Mechanical quiz the following day. After completing the mechanical quiz, you will take an online interview. Next step is a personality quiz with some very difficult patterns with numbers and images. Upon completing all those tasks, I got a call the following day inviting me to Career Day in Chicago.

Keyence takes care of flight, hotel and transportation. It is an incredible opportunity to shine. The interview in Chicago is very intense and provides a full-day of product demos. Once there, you are evaluated based on your brainstorming ability, presentation skills, sales roleplay and it's ended with an interview with 2-4 managers.

Overall, the process took about 15 days from the start to the time I was offered a position. Keyence is very clear about expectations and will answer any question. Overall a challenging experience, but very worth it!

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Keyence (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Thorough; Tough but fair. The process took over a month to complete, but I understand why they take their time. They really look to invest in you as an employee.

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Keyence in July 2017.

Interview

I was referred to the job by an employee from Culver Careers, and they got me a video interview. You had to take a mechanical and work aptitude test that was pretty long, but easy. After this you had to record yourself responding to their interview questions, which honestly was awkward at first, but then you get used to it. They had a few weird questions that threw me off

Interview Questions

• What was an awkward experience you had and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Keyence (Denver, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me, I filled out a questionnaire, then I had an interview using hirevue (7 or 8 questions). A couple of days later, I was emailed a link to take a personality test. About a week after taking the personality test, I was sent an email to notify me that I was no longer being considered for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Keyence (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

As what many of the previous posts have said, its strenuous, but if you are offered to go to Chicago for the final in-person interview, make sure you prepare. The only difference that I experienced from previous posts, was selling white out instead of a pen in the sales role play.

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Keyence (Huntsville, AL) in July 2016.

Interview

I'll cut to the final interview and after process since everyone covered the rest. I drove to the local office for my final interview, even though I was not interviewing for that location. The interview consisted of a "getting to know you" period, followed by a 5 min sales presentation on one of their products, and a 15 min sales Roleplay where you sell pens. It was a hard interview to prepare for; the PDF they send you for your product presentation is 35 pages long. It took me awhile to prepare, but I nailed it. Put in the work and it'll pay off. Primarily because they can see if you care enough to put in the proper amount of studying to kill your interview. That's what they want to see -- hard work. After my interview I didn't hear back for nearly 3 weeks. They kept me updated via email though, so I had a feeling I was the top candidate during the process.

Long story short -- prepare. Prepare for all the steps and you'll do fine. Also, I got a 98 on my caliper exam, so a word of advice -- answer aggressively and don't act like pleasing people is your top priority. Often times people try to answer these things like they love people, and they don't even actually feel that way. Well don't do that, because luckily for you, they don't want that. Answer honestly (i.e. aggressively; we are sales people after all) and be consistent in your responses and you'll be good.

Anonymous Employee in Elmwood Park, NJ

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Keyence (Elmwood Park, NJ).

Interview

Applied on website, contacted by HR sent Bennett physics test - very simple test mostly levers and pulleys, then a hirevue interview just try and make it flow. Last a caliper personality test with some math sequencing questions. After that it's a final round interview - you present a product and have to upsell them a pen.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself (your story, etc)   Answer Question
    • Why Keyence? What are you looking for in a job?   Answer Question
    • Why are you looking to leave your most recent role?   1 Answer
    • What turns you off about a sales role?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary and benefits are very accommodating, no negotiation needed