Keyence Sales Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2017

3.1

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Keyence (Nashville, TN) in November 2015.

Interview

They did not keep scheduled interview. I was left waiting for a call. Had to contact them and reschedule and was then passed on to interview with a different person than originally scheduled to speak with. Interviewer was short with me and not welcoming at all.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Keyence

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Keyence (Chicago, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

Long hiring process but it moves quickly. First you will be contacted by email and asked to take an online aptitude test. The test is mostly high school level physics, so a basic understanding of mechanical advantage, weight/volume displacement, etc. should get you through this.
    Next comes a phone interview. You will be asked general/standard interview questions, so practice your standard scripted responses. Next comes a webcam interview, which is really just more of the same of from the phone interview. If this goes well you will be invited to a corporate office to meet with the local sales manager in person and receive an offer.

Interview Questions

I felt that the strict dress code (dress shirt and tie) and rigid hours would not be a good fit for me. I am not a slob nor slothful/habitually late, but I don't think these things should be requirements in a modern sales position. I definitely do not think someone should receive a demerit for these reasons. I'm sure many people do well in this setting, but its just not a good fit for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Keyence (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

Applied through my career center. Filled out all necessary application infer. Initial phone interview followed by a skills test. Adobe connect interview with basic questions and role-play interview. Attended Keyence Career Day and had 2 hour long interviews with 4 people in each. Basic interview questions, followed by a product presentation, and a sales role play.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Keyence in January 2011.

Interview

Applied online through corporate website, did a phone screen, interview at regional office, interview at corporate, then they extended offer. The interviews were pretty much the same each time, but the last round they asked about my geographical preferences and whether I was willing to relocate or not.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to use your communication skills to overcome an objection   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Keyence in January 2009.

Interview

A staffing company had me meet someone from human resources person from Keyence. I had a short interview with him. He was very friendly and it was comfortable answering his questions. He called me the next day letting me know that I did a great job and that I would be moving along to the next interviewing phase. I later went to another interview where I met the site manager. He teleconferenced other bigwigs from other parts of the company to interview me. They asked all the basic questions and it felt comfortable. In the end, I didn't get the job because they said someone had more sales experience than me.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Keyence.

Interview

Interview process took 10 days. First round was General Aptitude. And the result was out after some 3-4 days. After a week, Face-to-Face interview had taken with the following rounds, HR [no elimination]>>GD>>HR[no elimination]>>Soft-skills [Online Test]>>HR

Interview Questions

• * GD was more of discussing pros and cons about the topic.
      * Softskill online test: We had to choose the one option from given 2 pictures. More of logical pictures.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Keyence (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Very poor phone interview from HR. Didn't really give me an idea of the job.

First interview with 3 managers.

Second interview with same 3 managers, role played a sales call and met the Vice President.

Over all 2/3 seem to just be running on autopilot, questions are basic and followups are limited. One even asked the same question I'd just been asked!

I had trouble engaging with the third manager and suspect he wasn't interested in me, though the questions he asked didn't seem scripted and were more in depth. He asked about GD&T and caught me completely off guard.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Keyence.

Interview

First contacted me a recruitment agency asking me some questions and telling me about the job, after she was preparing me for the interview. after few days I had a Skype interview with a very young guy who asked me some questions without caring how I answer. And after did not hear anything from them.

Interview Questions

• How will you find your customers and if the company does not have a website how will you research about them.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Keyence in September 2012.

Interview

Applied online. 10 days later received an email asking me to take the Bennett Mechanical Aptitude Test online. Scored better than 95% of people that take it. Phone interview, video conference interview, personality test, nothing... Called them after 5 weeks to hear I was out of the running. Quite unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Lots of tell me about a time when you: disagreed with a manager, failed to close a deal, etc. I was admittedly quite foolishly, unprepared for these, after it being a while since my last interview and after the phone interview going extremely well (what was supposed to be 15 minutes was 40 with the gentleman on the other end sounding extremely enthusiastic) I decided to relax before this interview instead of stress out about it... Mistake. Anyway, go on youtube and google to find examples of these questions.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Keyence in July 2011.

Interview

I applied online. Two days later I received an email with an attached link to an assessment test (which was geared toward high school level physics). The test was a basic logic, simple physics test..I passed. I received another email from a company recruiter asking dates and times for availability for a phone interview. The best time he had was two weeks away. Phone interview was very basic, short and dry. I was asked to sell myself, then I was asked a couple of non biased questions based on personality. They told me that the local office will review my interview and resume and depending on results contact me within 7 -10 days.The recruiter also gave me the human resource number "in case I did not hear anything"

Overall: Looks like a great company. Interview was dry and short.

Interview Questions

• Sell yourself based on your background   Answer Question
    • Personality based ...i.e. what would you prefer or value most from your company?

customer service, compensation, product development, team work   Answer Question