Keyence Technical Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Keyence Technical Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

Technical Sales Representative Interview

Interview

First was the Bennetts test and then I got asked to do a skype interview. The test was basically just simple physics questions. The video interview was weird because you had to record yourself and you only got one attempt.

Interview Questions

• What was an uncomfortable situation and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Keyence

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Keyence (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Same as everyone else has said, so i'll just skip to the final interview.
    They call it "Career Day" at their headquarters in Chicago. They'll fly you up the night before, pay for your hotel, car ride, etc. It's all very impressive. Career day is from 7am to 2pm at the very latest. It's intense. You do a group scenario discussion, 2 types of sales presentations which you MUST prepare for, and a final interview. I killed it all, and received a phone call a few days later saying I would need to travel way more than what I expected. Every state is different, so don't think outside sales is only an hour away. Living out of a suitcase Mon-Thurs for 3 weeks out of the month did not sound fun to me.

Technical Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Keyence.

Interview

Went through a hiring agency. After initial call did a Bennett test. If you pass that they email you and set up a video interview with pre recorded questions. They contact you if you like you and set up a in person interview with the manager.

Technical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Keyence.

Interview

Pretty lengthy but not hard. Was contacted by a third party recruiter who actually helps you along the whole application process. There are two tests, one mechanical understanding and then a personality test. You have to record an interview and then there is an in person interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Keyence (Denver, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview process is exactly as described in previous comments. Pretty easy.

After going through the Bennett, video interview, and Caliper process I got an email saying they didn't have openings for my location preference.

Frustrating that my time was wasted after being asked location preferences MULTIPLE times during the initial stages of the interview process. It is more than likely you will get to the stage where they send your info to the "hiring managers", but don't expect much after that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Keyence (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for this position online and was contacted by an outside recruiter a several weeks later. The company was searching for recent graduates that are able to start in that upcoming May/June. The recruiter set up an initial call to explain a bit more about the company as well as the position I had applied for. She asked several basic interview questions such as, why I wanted that position, what I look for in a company, why I am interested in a technology based company, etc. From there you have to apply to the company itself. If your resume is accepted you have to complete a 55 question exam in 25 minutes on basic conceptual physics.

Interview Questions

• You are asked 55 questions in 25 minutes on conceptual physics, If your score is high enough you will be contacted to take a personal assessment test and an online computer ran interview. Meaning that the questions are asked via a recorded simulation and then record your answer to play back to managers later. If you move through the process from there you have a third in person interview.   Answer Question

Technical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Keyence in March 2017.

Interview

Same as other viewers, applied on line, aptitude test, web interview, and personality test. Good to practice the web interview as much as you can. Make sure lighting and sound are adequate

Interview Questions

• What motivates you. what demotivates you
      Location preferences and why
      Talk about an awkward situation and how you handled it.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Keyence (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

It is a multistep process where you don't meet a real person until the last step. The first one is the Bennett test (you can download the app and practice the test if you wish). If you pass it then you have to take the prerecorded interview where they ask you 6 questions + 1 about the location. The questions are straightforward. After you pass it, you have to take a personality assessment which takes over an hour to complete. Lastly you meet with a manager at the office in your area.

Interview Questions

• Why Keyence? Why Technical Sales? Describe a situation that made you feel unfomfortable and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Keyence (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through a job board and was contacted by an outside recruiter who gave me a better understanding of the position and interview process. Next was sent invitation to take mechanical comprehension test which is pretty easy if you paid attention in school. Next did a 30 minute webcam interview which is super simple and you shouldn't be nervous about at all. Next did the personality assessment which took the longest to finish but was very simple and straight forward. After all of that I was told my qualifications didn't meet the requirements and that they wouldn't be moving forward. Overall I'd say it was a lot of hoops to jump through for a sales job that basically any college grad is qualified for. Make sure you have other job apps to fall back on cause this one is time consuming and tbh I'm not sure what they're looking for cause I was more than qualified for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Keyence (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

4 step process - 1st step = comprehension test, 2nd step = recorded interview

Waiting for next steps. Submitting review in order to unlock glass door. Trying to meet my 30 word requirement right now.

Interview Questions

• Bennett mechanical exam - practice found online   1 Answer