Kickstarter Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kickstarter Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Kickstarter

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kickstarter.

Interview

Phone screen, technical phone call with CTO, take home project, code review of project with developer. The interviews went well overall, but the recruiting team was very disorganized in terms of letting me know the next steps/status. There was a period of 3-4 weeks where I heard nothing from them until I emailed them. Did not receive an offer, as they were looking for someone more senior.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kickstarter

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kickstarter in October 2017.

Interview

Recruiter called at a later time, at which point I was on my flight. I emailed to explain the situation, no response. Pretty clear that they don't value candidates' time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Kickstarter (Brooklyn, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Poor overall hiring process, their recruiting team is awful with communication. I've never experienced anything like that. I dropped out of the process after accepting an offer with another company.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kickstarter (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Kickstarter is one of my favourite companies, and I would have loved to work for them. I've backed nearly three dozen campaigns and my skillset appeared to closely match what they were seeking, so I figured I would be a good fit, if not a good potential candidate. I had applied online via their job posting and was immediately contacted for a phone interview.

It seemed to go well, the interviewer was very nice, and he focused more on my personality and goals rather than technical background. The call lasted around half an hour and the whole interaction seemed quite candid, so I had a good feeling. I was told that if they decided to move forward with me I would be sent a technical challenge, but either way I should expect an answer in 2-3 days.

After a week and a half with no response I decided to send a follow up email. Good old read receipt told me the email was opened within an hour. At the time of writing this it's been nearly a month and I still haven't heard back, so I think I get the message.

I can appreciate if a company decides not to move forward with a candidate, but I find it pretty disrespectful to completely ignore communication. In the end this experience has tainted my opinion of the company that I have loved for years.