KidsPeace Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KidsPeace Interview Questions

Updated May 30, 2017

2.5

Unit Staff Interview

Interview

does not matter

Anonymous Employee in Orefield, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at KidsPeace (Orefield, PA) in January 2011.

Interview

I knew a current employee at the time which sped up the process. I have heard of other people having a difficult time with contact after their application was submitted though. There were not too many questions and there is typically a tour afterwards. I had minimal experience working with children of this nature. The interview process was relaxing however I believe they have drastically changed their ways considering some of the newer staff that they have brought in (appearance/knowledge/work ethic). They also have resorted to an external hiring company which is so-so. It is very easy to get a job here but being good at the job is entirely different. Some education is necessary but having life experience is definitely key.

Interview Questions

• None that I can remember. I would recommend asking the interviewer to be honest with you in regards to what you may experience or see on a daily basis. Or ask a staff once shadowing.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not try to negotiate as it was my first job out of college. The offer seemed acceptable at the time however it is questionable now whether or not it is worth it for the amount of work that is required.

Mental Health Technician II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schnecksville, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at KidsPeace (Schnecksville, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

Very short. Watch a video about restraining a child and asked my feelings about the video and what was wrong. Discussed benefit packages and my experience at my other jobs.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable learning restraining children?   1 Answer

Groundskeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schnecksville, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KidsPeace (Schnecksville, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

you go in to the superviser office and he ask you have you mowed and weed wack be for do you have experience with a zero turn before

Interview Questions

• do you have experence with a zero turn   1 Answer

Clinician I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at KidsPeace (Carrollton, GA) in March 2011.

Interview

Initial interview with hiring manager followed by a group interview involving other clinicians on the team.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle balancing your personal life from your work life.   Answer Question

Negotiation

very little negotiation on salary due to corporate compensation requirements

Anonymous Employee in Orefield, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KidsPeace (Orefield, PA) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview was pretty quick. The questions they asked were the typical questions and employer would ask someone applying for this job. They did a short screening over the phone first, and then scheduled a face-to-face interview. I had to have 2 letters of recommendation and a copy of my degree for them at the time of hire.

Therapeutic Staff Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KidsPeace (Bethlehem, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

Online application in person interview with direct supervisor. The online application is found on the company website. The in person interview was one on one with the direct supervisor and the position was offered immediately following the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KidsPeace (Allentown, PA).

Interview

Applied online and waited 3 weeks for response, staffing recruiters set up interview. Easy process, very rehearsed, they've done it a million times. Called back relatively quickly, you must pass background checks & drug test, before you do the group orientation. After the orientation, you are scheduled for a week of 8 hr/day training. The job is glorified during this time and you are told you will make a difference in the lives of children.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KidsPeace (Allentown, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

Beyond ridiculous - had to provide my TAXES in order to verify employment. It is extremely invasive considering what the job was. There was the initial interview which was relatively standard. The issues I had was the outside company they use to conduct background checks - perpetually demanded more information from me until ultimately I had to provide my taxes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiating.

Anonymous Employee in Orefield, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KidsPeace (Orefield, PA) in April 2012.

Interview

Short and somewhat disorganized to set-up. Actual Interview was relaxed with a current house manager. Questions were typical, some random. Could tell the interviewer wanted me to know what I was getting in to.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been punched in the face?   1 Answer