Kieckhafer Schiffer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kieckhafer Schiffer

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kieckhafer Schiffer (Irvine, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with three partners, 30mins each. They were very kind and we just talked about my past experiences, hobbies, and other stuff. Nothing unexpected or technical. Just be yourself and relax.

Intern Interview

Interview

Two-hour standard interview with four people: thirty minutes each with two managers, one director and one partner. After giving a good deal of a company background from the first interviewer, resume based questions were asked in the following interviews and how they relate to the accounting work.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kieckhafer Schiffer (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Attended an office tour and talked with them at a Meet the Firms event. Emailed with Scott, who set up an interview a few days after the event. Interviewed directly with four staff and had lunch with another two; it lasted about 3 hours in total. Overall process was great.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kieckhafer Schiffer (Irvine, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview process was basically like 5 mini interviews, in a sense (each one was 30 minutes, but the lunch was about an hour and a half), and it lasted for about 4 hours:
    1. Interview with the Senior Tax manager (the guy I interviewed with was on track for become Partner)
    2. Next was the Tax supervisor
    3. Went to lunch with two tax staff
    4. One of the partners
    5. Another partner

BE PREPARED TO ASK QUESTIONS, questions that will then allow you to somehow explain and sell yourself, and your objectives. They hardly asked me any questions, and it was more like, "So you heard the Internship process and duties, what questions do you have for me? In a sense, it was an easy interview, but I was not prepared for it.

Interview Questions

• The first interview with the Senior Tax manager asked me "Tell me a time where you succeeded in a high pressure situation."
      Other than that, he pretty much went over the duties and responsibilities and what to expect from the internship. Tax supervisor kind of asked some questions based off my resume. The lunch was the most chill because it's with two staff who were just there to kind of mellow the mood.

Then when I got to the partners, they both literally said, "So, you've heard the whole Intern process and responsibilities, do you have any questions for me?" That was literally how the last two 30 minute sessions went about, which threw me off because I was so prepared to answer questions and sell myself, and not be the one to ask questions and still sell myself.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kieckhafer Schiffer in October 2014.

Interview

I learned about this great company when I attended a Meet the Firms event. I approached Mr. Scott, one of the partners, and introduced myself. The next day, I received a call from Mr. Scott to invite me to an interview. The interview in very casual and I just interviewed with one partner. I felt like it was just a conversation. He did not attacked me with a lot and tricky questions like other employers tend to do. After the interview was over, I was invited for lunch with three other employees from different levels.

Interview Questions

• there was nothing unexpected. Just do your homework before the interview and be yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kieckhafer Schiffer (Irvine, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I went to Meet the Firms and met a partner, manger, and senior. I got an email inviting me for lunch, an office tour, and interview. When I got to the firm I had interviews with two different partners. One interview was casual, and the other one was more intense, which has to do more with the partner style. I was walked around the office and introduced to many associates at the firm. Then I went to lunch with the original partner, manager, and senior, that I met.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself...
      What was the hardest part for you about Financial Accounting?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kieckhafer Schiffer.

Interview

The interview went very straight forward. The interview is very casual so no need to be nervous. It's about 2-3 hours long and may include a lunch. I met various partners and directors as well as a senior staff member. Each one with a different method of interacting with you and explaining the job and the firm.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you're able learn quickly and if you can work hard   Answer Question

Tax Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kieckhafer Schiffer in October 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed at the campus first, and received 2nd interview on the very same day. During the second interview, I interviewed with one partner and 2 tax managers, went to lunch with staff, and was offered the position a week later.