Kiewit Corporation Interview Questions in Denver, CO | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

2.8

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Golden, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

This interview was for an Engineer I position with their Underground District. I went to my school's career fair and was offered an interview there. They called me later to set up a time. I interviewed at my school with one of their engineers that was in town recruiting. I then received a phone call about a week later to set up a phone interview with a Project Manager in the Underground District. I received an email about 2 weeks later telling me I didn't get the job.

Marketing Related Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Englewood, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

Group interview, very negative; they were certainly trying to find a way to prove that I could not do the job, even though I've done a very similar job for more than 20 years in the same industry with excellent evaluations. Very long process, then after my interview, I never heard a word from them. You would think after all the effort I made and jumping through their hoops they would at least have the professional courtesy to say no thanks, we selected someone else.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions, but they showed a very negative attitude and seemed unhappy with any answer I gave. I usually do well and feel good about my interviews, but this was an uphill battle where I could not convince them I'd done exactly what they needed and have been very successful.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Golden, CO) in November 2015.

Interview

They do everything by phone or e-mail; nothing is face to face anymore. I got an e-mail from their college HR person, then I did two interviews with engineers. It was overall an okay experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult team member and how you dealt with him or her.   Answer Question

Proposal Writer/Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Englewood, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

Someone recommended me to a Proposal Manager. I sent him my resume and he forwarded it to HR who asked me to apply online and do a HireVue interview. 3 weeks later they called to schedule an in-person interview. They flew me out to Englewood for the interview and took me to lunch. It was very pleasant and relaxed. They called 3 weeks after that to offer me the position. I spent about 2 weeks negotiating with them before accepting the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I called a few days after I got the offer and said "I am so excited about this position and about joining the team, but in order to accept I'd need to see a higher starting salary." HR said "Ok, what were you thinking?" and then "OK, let me find out how much wiggle room we have." They met me right in the middle of the original offer and what I had requested.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Denver, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview was fairly straight forward mostly looking to see how my past (healthcare) experience would translate was was relevant for that position. They were all very friendly and laidback.

Entry Level Office Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Denver, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied to the job online and had a phone call within the next week of applying. I talked to a lady and she set me up with the video interview called "HireVu". It was a really weird process where I had to answer a series of 5 questions why recording myself. I wasn't given the questions ahead of time and you had to give a three minute response. After that, I was flown out to Denver, CO for an office interview that took about 30 min. Following the interview I was offered a job. This whole process took about a month and a half.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Procurement Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Denver, CO) in August 2012.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me on Linkedin and interviewed me on the phone. I was then asked to do a face to face with 4 other people at the same time. they grilled me on all types of questions relating to procurement, but it wasn't too bad. the whole from initial contact to job offer was about 2 -3 weeks

Interview Questions

• Explaining specific situations where you deomonstrated one form or another of a good leadership skill   Answer Question

I declined because it was too far of a commute.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Denver, CO) in April 2012.

Interview

I got the interview by applying on the Kiewit job board. I was interviewd by a HR rep and a project manager. Both were very informative on what to expect if hired. The questions were straight forward were asked in the STAR format.

1. Tell me about yourself?

2. Would you be willing to relocate and what is your preference?

Project Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

It was pretty painless. Started with an informal info session. After that they invited only a few of us to a "Meet and Greet" as a kind of first interview. During the Meet and Greet they talked more about Kiewit and what would generally be expected of us. We got to ask questions of their experiences with the company and talk about our skills in a very informal setting. A week later they invited me out to Denver, CO for a panel interview with 3+ interviews. This was a more formal setting. Overall, an easy process.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   2 Answers

Business Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Denver, CO) in February 2012.

Interview

One phone interview followed by getting flown to Denver for a panel interview. Got hired for internship, then offered full-time employment at end of internship. I had interviewed with another district multiple times, and didn't get the internship, so the recruiter at the career fair new I was very interested and skipped the initial 1:1 interview at the school.