Kiewit Corporation Engineer I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kiewit Corporation Engineer I Interview Questions

Interviews at Kiewit Corporation

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Golden, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

This interview was for an Engineer I position with their Underground District. I went to my school's career fair and was offered an interview there. They called me later to set up a time. I interviewed at my school with one of their engineers that was in town recruiting. I then received a phone call about a week later to set up a phone interview with a Project Manager in the Underground District. I received an email about 2 weeks later telling me I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kiewit Corporation

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I did a hirevue, assessment and then a face to face. If you know someone with power at Kiewit....that will help. I tried 4 other positions and never got a face to face. Helpful tips in the hirevue/ interview: KNOW THE CORE VALUES, Ask what their EMR is ytd. Ask about their safety plan.

Interview Questions

• What does integrity mean to you.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. Didn't want to rock the boat.

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in June 2013.

Interview

Kiewit came to my college recruiting and giving classes on what direction Kiewit was heading. After the classes they invited a group of interested people out to lunch to talk more about the company. I attended the lunch and got an email a couple weeks later asking if I would like to fly out to Denver for an interview. I accepted and sat in a hotel for many hours and was interviewed by 3 people. The interview was very formal I wore a suit etc. The guys were pretty nice and down to earth.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a problem that occurred at work and what the outcome was and what you did to fix it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very easy negotiation phase I talked with the HR lady and everything was handled. One difficult aspect was that they did not know where I would be moving to until 1 week before I started, which made moving stressful.

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online and got a call from HR for an initial phone screening and was told I would hear back from another HR. The second HR called and discussed the position in detail and asked mostly about goals, ambitions etc. I was also sent an online IQ quiz which was easy but long. Then, I had an in-person interview with HR and a Project Engineer - Interview wasn't very technical and they continuously emphasized if I am willing to put in long hours and willing to travel to project sites and different locations on short notice. A final interview was with a Senior Manager who just wanted to tell me more about the job role, company and career growth etc.

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview

Applied the position through company's online system and received a call one week after. HR arranged a video interview since the interviewers were on site.

Interview Questions

• Pretty much same questions as mentioned in glassdoor by other candidates. It seemed that they did want to reduce the turnover rate of stall and keep the people staying in the position/company.   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in St. John's, NL (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (St. John's, NL (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

An hour long in person interview with a mid level manager. The interview questions were fairly general. They asked about previous situations that I had experienced and how I worked effectively to resolve them.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you identified an unsafe situation and how you worked towards having it resolved.   1 Answer