Kiewit Corporation Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kiewit Corporation Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Kiewit Corporation

2.7

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview

Two interviews. The first was through they're hire view program. You get 3 minutes to ask the questions with a break between each one. It was very strange and ackward but they just do it to get to know the candidate a little more. I then had to deal with the HR manager who was telling me I wasn't a good fit for the job. I had an interview with the project manager and he offered me a job during the phone interview. The process took about a month after applying. Overall the experience was okay.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotations. They had a set rate based on location placed.

Other Interview Reviews for Kiewit Corporation

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews and an in-person interview with 4 managers. Initially applied for a different position in a different state, but was asked to take on a different position with the company as they had a current need for engineers.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What do you bring to the company?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in January 2015.

Interview

Met at my college and was called that day for an interview the next day. During interview, one person was asking the questions, while another was typing. It was hard to read the interviewer's reactions.. However, I suppose that is common with an HR rep. Interview was difficult because it was for any entry level position within the company, not for any specific location.

Interview Questions

• What three engineering projects/companies impress you the most and why?   Answer Question
    • At the end of the day, what makes you stand out from other candidates?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

Went to the company headquarters and got a group tour. Everyone was very nice and friendly. I got a tour of one of the projects that they are currently working on and then an explanation of the benefits from the company. I also got to meet a new hire that explained to me his perspective on the job.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to relocate if the opportunity arose?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Casper, WY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Casper, WY) in April 2014.

Interview

Interviewing with Kiewit is basically understanding they are about buzzwords like ethics/morals/etc. So think of reasons you have good character. They pay well and expect a lot of hours so that "pay well" becomes "makes little for the hours you worked". Interview process was a phone call, some online recorded video answers to questions, another longer phone call, then a potential call from a manager finally receiving a job offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked about ethics/morals/etc.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Interview

Once you get an interview, as long as you don't come off as a jerk you will probably get an offer. Make sure you are friendly and open about your goals.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Vancouver, WA) in February 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with Kiewit Northwest for an entry level engineer position at their Vancouver, WA office. It was a panel style interview which included 6 people, most of which were HR, and one district engineer. The questions they asked were mostly scripted and after the panel interview I was told that I had "made it" to the second interview stage in which I met with the district HR manager in her office.

In my opinion I was dissapointed with their interview process and the amount of scripted questions I was asked. It was more of a "Taco Bell" type of interview.

I did not have the opportunity to tell them about my experience and my background based on the questions I was asked by the HR personnel. The only one who asked relevant questions was the district engineer.

Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Chico, CA) in October 2008.

Interview

This was a campus interview for a full time position. Seemed more like they would hire you if you wanted to work for them. I along with 4 others, that i was aware of, were asked for a second interview the following semester where we were all offered positions. First interviewer was a recruiter, the second was with an area manager, who told me to expect to change addresses every few years.

Interview Questions

• Nothing particularly difficult about the interview as whole. Asked basic questions and what you're hoping to get out of the company, type of jobs etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They called me after the second interview and sent me my offer letter. I had 7 days to get back to them with my decision. The letter outlined my salary and benefits package.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Concord, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

They asked questions that have nothing to do with construction.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (San Diego, CA) in March 2008.

Interview

I lived over seas. But they called me a month after submiting my resume and cover letter. I had two interviews. One interview with a mid level engineer and the second with a senior project manager. It was easy, and got an offer the next day!

Interview Questions

• Why do you consider yourself a unique asset to the company?   Answer Question