Kiewit Corporation Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 15, 2017

2.7

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Lubbock, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

it was On campus, they send the interview time at the job fair and we came the next day for a interview with one of the recruiters who will interview you and send you after one or two weeks from interview date.

Interview Questions

• 1- ups and downs happened to you
    2- how did you deal for a tough situation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kiewit Corporation

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview

Two interviews. The first was through they're hire view program. You get 3 minutes to ask the questions with a break between each one. It was very strange and ackward but they just do it to get to know the candidate a little more. I then had to deal with the HR manager who was telling me I wasn't a good fit for the job. I had an interview with the project manager and he offered me a job during the phone interview. The process took about a month after applying. Overall the experience was okay.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotations. They had a set rate based on location placed.

Engineer Interview

Interview

Went to the company headquarters and got a group tour. Everyone was very nice and friendly. I got a tour of one of the projects that they are currently working on and then an explanation of the benefits from the company. I also got to meet a new hire that explained to me his perspective on the job.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to relocate if the opportunity arose?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews and an in-person interview with 4 managers. Initially applied for a different position in a different state, but was asked to take on a different position with the company as they had a current need for engineers.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What do you bring to the company?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in January 2015.

Interview

Met at my college and was called that day for an interview the next day. During interview, one person was asking the questions, while another was typing. It was hard to read the interviewer's reactions.. However, I suppose that is common with an HR rep. Interview was difficult because it was for any entry level position within the company, not for any specific location.

Interview Questions

• What three engineering projects/companies impress you the most and why?   Answer Question
    • At the end of the day, what makes you stand out from other candidates?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview

Hire Vue video interview. You are given 1.5 mins to answer each question, 6 in total. You have time between the interview questions to take a break. Once you view the question you have 30 seconds to prep before you are forced to answer the question.The questions cover a variety of topics from why you are in your field of study to what industry in Kiewit you would like to work in.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in October 2014.

Interview

I met a few recruiters at a college career fair. The next day I had an interview. Within a week, I was asked to take an online survey and complete a HireVue online interview.

Anonymous Employee in Casper, WY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Casper, WY) in April 2014.

Interview

Interviewing with Kiewit is basically understanding they are about buzzwords like ethics/morals/etc. So think of reasons you have good character. They pay well and expect a lot of hours so that "pay well" becomes "makes little for the hours you worked". Interview process was a phone call, some online recorded video answers to questions, another longer phone call, then a potential call from a manager finally receiving a job offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked about ethics/morals/etc.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in October 2013.

Interview

The interviewing process was rather simple once you have established yourself as a valuable potential asset to the company. I had an initial interview at a career fair where I was then flown to Atlanta for a Final Interview with the area manager. All the employees I encountered were driven and hard working no t to mention extremely generous.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

When accepting an offer, your location is not determined

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in June 2013.

Interview

Went for interview with 2 people- basic questions and outline of what is expected. Was given the layout and specifics but nothing since.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had to make a difference?   Answer Question