Kiewit Corporation Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 14, 2017

2.6

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview

Handed my resume to them at a university career fair. Got a call later to setup a job interview for the next day. Interviewed the next morning and heard back after 2 weeks that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about Kiewit?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Kiewit Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

I just started the process but so far I've taken personality trait test. The next step will be a recorder interview. The interview is online and you will be talking to a the screen not a actual person.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview

Met a recruiter at the job fair. Next day there was a in person interview, mostly personality based with some questions about work ethic. Then a phone interview. After the phone interview there was a series of online webcam interviews before the job was offered.

Interview Questions

• What is one of the most difficult challenges you have faced as a engineer?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in January 2016.

Interview

The first part was doing a behavioral questionnaire and taking a skills test. After completing that part, I was contacted for the digital interview. You are presented about 6-8 questions and record your response for each.

Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Golden, CO) in November 2015.

Interview

They do everything by phone or e-mail; nothing is face to face anymore. I got an e-mail from their college HR person, then I did two interviews with engineers. It was overall an okay experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult team member and how you dealt with him or her.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview

I applied through my school's career portal. The interview was an in person, on campus interview and lasted less than an hour. I was notified within a week that I had received the job. Interview was easy.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for Kiewit?   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview

I interviewed for an equipment management intern position the day after a career fair. Questions were very standard, describe a situation or strength and weakness questions. The interviewers were clearly a little tired, as they had likely done at least 15 interviews that day. I would've liked to talk more about technical information or resume details, it's tough for candidates to stand out when questions are pretty vanilla.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a differing opinion from someone and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview

Phone interview was brief and casual. I talked to a project manager and he was really nice and talkative. They ask the usual questions: strengths, weaknesses, experiences, etc. Overall a simple and straightforward interview. The experience was good and made me want to join the company. After the phone interview I had to take a multiple choice, comprehensive, online test. The online test was timed so be prepared for a time crunch. There was also a drug test two weeks before starting the internship.

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Federal Way, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online for the position, and was given a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes, and was more conversational than question after question. They asked about coursework, prior construction experience, time management skills, why I'm interested in construction, and why I'm interested in Kiewit.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a project you've worked on that was difficult. What did you do to overcome those difficulties?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview

one on one interview conducted on campus after career fair. Comfortable setting, but many questions were from pre made question sheet which included bland topics. G.P.A. was most important question. Travel topic was redundant but necessary because they will ship you anywhere. Great company, long hours but pay is worth it.