Kiewit Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kiewit Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2017

Entry Level Field/Office Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

First had a video interview via Hirevue and an online questionnaire. Was then called for a phone interview two weeks later. They then flew me out to Seattle for multiple interviews. You have to be extremely prepared, so definitely practice your interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a difficult colleague you had while working.   Answer Question

Business Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

First there was a 30 min Phone Interview to describe what the position is and some basic information. They then assign you an Assessment - Time Math and Verbal, which personally is meant to trip you up. There are some blank answers and you have to move forward. Good luck with blind guessing. Then there is an In-person interview for about 30 min. which is a little more detailed. I don't think the next step is for everyone but my in-person interviewer was sick so I got someone else and they decided I needed a second interview and that was over the phone with the controller.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you working 7am-5pm?   2 Answers
    • How can you handle different types of people and meet their needs?   2 Answers
    • How wall can you handle deadlines and budgets?   1 Answer

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Omaha, NE) in March 2017.

Interview

Video introduction was more difficult than sitting face to face. You got 3 chances to get it right. They asked 5 questions then gave you a chance to change it. After about 3rd question I just kinda of gave up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ingleside, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Ingleside, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

it was a two interview process for me. I applied at my local college career and got an interview later that same day. The interview was very generic and only really involved me discussing my past experience. later that week i was asked by HR to do some online personality as well as a simple webcam interview for corporate purposes. About a week later i got an interview at the job site as well as a tour. That day I was interview by three different people of different departments (none of which directly worked in the engineering department). in the end the interview was tough but fair, asking exactly what i brought to the table. In the end a hiring manager I had not met, nor had the opportunity to meet(he was on vacation), made the decision i wasn't exactly what they were looking for about a week later. overall it was an okay experience and they offered to pay for travel expenses to the final interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

I just started the process but so far I've taken personality trait test. The next step will be a recorder interview. The interview is online and you will be talking to a the screen not a actual person.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Waltham, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process started with an online application. After my resume was examined I received a phone call which consisted of a short interview to discuss job qualifications and expectations. After the phone call was the in person interview which was more focused on what the company did and what my technical qualifications were.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with traveling?   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in February 2017.

Interview

Got an interview from the job fair and had an interview with a field engineer. I got to the second round of interviews which involved a personality test and an Online video interview, but I got rejected from the job before I could do the Online Video Interview. I Emailed the recruiter twice about it and I have yet to get a response.

University Relations Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Corpus Christi, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied and received a notification to record interview responses. Was asked to tell a little about myself and why I was interested in the job, if I would relocate, what my strengths and weaknesses were. I had two tries to record each response. It all felt very impersonal. I was turned out shortly after, and I'm not really sure why because it was so impersonal.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Lubbock, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

it was On campus, they send the interview time at the job fair and we came the next day for a interview with one of the recruiters who will interview you and send you after one or two weeks from interview date.

Interview Questions

• 1- ups and downs happened to you
      2- how did you deal for a tough situation?
      Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in November 2016.

Interview

Talked to recruiters at my campus career fair. They invited me to a meet and greet the next day but never received more information about the time and place. Later, through a different contact, I did a phone interview and a Hirevue (online) interview.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? (Hirevue)   Answer Question
    • What do you consider your greatest accomplishment?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in working for Kiewit? (Hirevue)   Answer Question
    • What could be some obstacles when it comes to relocating employees?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time in your life with a lot of changes and how you handled it.   Answer Question