Kiewit Corporation Entry Level Field/Office Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kiewit Corporation Entry Level Field/Office Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Kiewit Corporation

2.8

Entry-Level Office/Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

I had a digital HireVue interview with Kiewit for an entry-level office/field engineer position. The interview session consisted of five sets of interview questions, which included three minutes of actual interview response recording sessions and thirty seconds of preparing time for each interview question. It feels a little awkward talking to myself and on such a time-crunch. One of the interview questions I remember was, “Where do you see yourself in five years. How will you get there?”

Pros:
Receiving a status update or response from the recruiting team was relatively quicker than other companies who do a traditional face-to-face interview.

Cons:
Feeling a little awkward that I cannot see the interviewer’s reaction while talking.
Setting up an appropriate interview atmosphere on my own was a little difficult. I had to ask my family members to stay outside the house while I was preparing and recording.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years. How will you get there?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kiewit Corporation

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

1. Phone Screen.
    2. Phone Interview with either an estimator, project engineer, or project manager.
    3. In-person interview at either their office or on-site.
    4. Offer

Very simple and easy process. It was very relaxed and they will fly you out or pay gas mileage if needed. Essentially, they want to know if you fit the company and if they can stand working with you for 12+ hrs/day.

Look at other Glassdoor interview questions for field engineers. Most of them were spot on and helped me prepare for my interviews. Also, the salary was pretty spot on as well. Although unfortunately, there is no signing bonus but the benefits were great. My interview was early 2019.

Anonymous Employee in Poway, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Poway, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

You complete a timed IQ and personality test, then complete a five question introduce yourself video, then you receive a call from HR. I did two 15 minute HR "interviews" describing my experiences and project preferences. Then I booked a time for the final in-person interview with a PM and a Project Engineer. I received a call-back with a job offer the next day. Approximately a month long process.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years? Are you planning to pursue a lifelong career with Kiewit?   Answer Question
    • Why Kiewit?   Answer Question
    • What accomplishment are you most proud of?   Answer Question
    • What are your personal and professional weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • How many hours a week do you expect to work?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle working with someone that you are the completely opposite of?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to struggle for a few years to get into a better position in the future?   1 Answer

Entry Level Field/Office Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in November 2017.

Interview

I'm still in the interview process, but I had a phone interview followed by a Yello video interview where you answer 5 pre-recorded questions. Process is rather smooth and good so far and the recruiter was very nice. Overall, so far a smooth and easy going process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

First had a video interview via Hirevue and an online questionnaire. Was then called for a phone interview two weeks later. They then flew me out to Seattle for multiple interviews. You have to be extremely prepared, so definitely practice your interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a difficult colleague you had while working.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Fairfield, CA).

Interview

After applying, I received a call from an HR representatives from Kiewit's Headquarters. I then had a phone interview with a Project Manager to determine if I would continue through the interview process. Next an interview and dinner were set up. The dinner was the night before and series of interviews the next morning.