Kiewit Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 2, 2017

2.8

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Lubbock, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

it was On campus, they send the interview time at the job fair and we came the next day for a interview with one of the recruiters who will interview you and send you after one or two weeks from interview date.

Interview Questions

• 1- ups and downs happened to you
      2- how did you deal for a tough situation?
      Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in November 2016.

Interview

Talked to recruiters at my campus career fair. They invited me to a meet and greet the next day but never received more information about the time and place. Later, through a different contact, I did a phone interview and a Hirevue (online) interview.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? (Hirevue)   Answer Question
    • What do you consider your greatest accomplishment?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in working for Kiewit? (Hirevue)   Answer Question
    • What could be some obstacles when it comes to relocating employees?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time in your life with a lot of changes and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Spoke with representative at a college recruiting fair. Got and in person interview. It went well and was followed up by a skype interview. Recieved an offer two days later.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you experienced a difficult situation when working in a group, and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (New Brunswick, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was very casual and interpersonal. It was mostly a conversation about school since the interview and I went to the same university. Now HR did mess up and gave me the wrong GPA requirement so unfortunately I was not able to continue the process. With that said as long as you can present yourself well you'll be fine.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview

Met a recruiter at the job fair. Next day there was a in person interview, mostly personality based with some questions about work ethic. Then a phone interview. After the phone interview there was a series of online webcam interviews before the job was offered.

Interview Questions

• What is one of the most difficult challenges you have faced as a engineer?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview

Got an email from headquarters asking to do an online personality test and a hireview interview. For those that do not know, hireview, is an online interview where you record yourself answering common interview questions online. The personality test was not bad, just need to make sure you are consistent with your answers. As for the hireview questions are not bad but the fact is recording them really non-personal and difficult/nerve racking to do.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what has been your best work achievement to this point in your career. What made this achievement important?   2 Answers

Field Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (San Antonio, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was done using Hirvue. It was a new experience for me, and a little awkward. The difficult part of it is that there is no "back and forth flow" to the conversationl. The questions however were pretty standard. Before the interview, I had been called by a Kiewit HR representative, and I had a very good conversation. She even offered tips on the interview, and specifically told me the responses that she liked from me and told me to try and fit those in the Hirvue interview.

General Laborer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stafford, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Stafford, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

Basic to the point i got a good review a brief history of the company vital info for working around the railroad etc safety questions and answers made sure you were legal to work there

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and 2 days later they sent a link to peopleanswers assessment test and a hirevue. You have 72 hours to complete both steps. They gave me 8 questions and you have 3 minutes to answer each question on the hirevue.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Why do you want to work for Kiewit?
      Why are you interested in construction?
      Do you have control in the performances you do? If so why?
      Do you have a problem working for several people telling you what to do in a given week? How do you handle it?
      How do you handle a considerable amount of work that needs to be done?
      Why should we hire you?
      Answer Question

Lead Estimator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

The "one-way" on-line interview is a series of questions and you have 3 min to answer, In my 30 yrars in this industry I have never seen this. Must be the social media wave of the future. It was skype but one way. It allowed the Co. to see and hear you as a screening step. I prefer face to face human interaction since people skills are one of my attributes.

Interview Questions

• Why am I the best candidate for the postion?   1 Answer