Kiewit Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kiewit Corporation Interview Questions

Interviews at Kiewit Corporation

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview

Met a recruiter at the job fair. Next day there was a in person interview, mostly personality based with some questions about work ethic. Then a phone interview. After the phone interview there was a series of online webcam interviews before the job was offered.

Interview Questions

• What is one of the most difficult challenges you have faced as a engineer?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview

Handed my resume to them at a university career fair. Got a call later to setup a job interview for the next day. Interviewed the next morning and heard back after 2 weeks that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about Kiewit?   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Interview

Hiring and interview process was an easy process that allowed the interviewer to ask questions and the interviewee to respond to them in a timely manner. The interview process was between one interviewer and was very casual as the conversation proceeded.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview

Pretty standard questions (who are you, what do you want to do in 10 years, describe your passion, major challenges you've overcome, describe yourself in 5 words, etc.) Make sure to do some research on what branch you'd be applying for and what sort of projects that branch is doing

Interview Questions

• The 10 years question. Honestly this question is less about the answer and more about the reasoning and alignment with your other stated goals/values/passions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview

one on one interview conducted on campus after career fair. Comfortable setting, but many questions were from pre made question sheet which included bland topics. G.P.A. was most important question. Travel topic was redundant but necessary because they will ship you anywhere. Great company, long hours but pay is worth it.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Houston, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Talked on the phone with an HR rep for about 30-45 minutes. I had previous experience in various manual labor positions with another construction company which made it easy to talk about understanding the work conditions and how project sites work. I also had interned the previous summer with a VC so I could talk about the financial side of business. After talking they said they didn't need an in person interview and offered me a spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Boulder, CO) in October 2013.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview with Kiewit at CU-Boulder after meeting with them at the career fair. The interview was slightly more laid back than others I have had, which was very nice and relieving. The questions were all very reasonable and almost all situational and behavioral questions. There were two interviewers, and both seemed very interested in me, giving me great confidence.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you worked with a bad group and what you did to overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Tallahassee, FL) in September 2008.

Interview

Face to face interview with questions regarding previous experience and future intents.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Tampa, FL) in March 2009.

Interview

They interview everyone in sight, asked silly psych questions like "What did you play with as a child?"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Seattle, WA) in March 2011.

Interview

I met a few Kiewit representatives at a school career fair and they invited me to join them at the proceeding banquet dinner. After getting to know them at the dinner, they invited me back for an interview opportunity which was open to campus. A few weeks later they came to present some bg info and offered interview slots for the next couple days. It was very competitve -- over 50 students interview and to my knowledge only a dozen were selected back for second interviews to fulfill only 3 or 4 internship positions.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time where you were faced with an ethical dilemma and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Kiewit, better yet, why should be hire you?   Answer Question

See What Kiewit Corporation Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Former Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Pros: “Kiewit is a very stable company with a storied history. Being employee owned, they don't have please external shareholders with short-term gains. This frees management to engage in...”“Kiewit is a very stable company with a storied history. Being employee owned, they don't have please external shareholders with short-term gains. This frees management to engage in longer term planning and it is evident in their longevity. Kiewit is also a highly ethical company with great corporate values that include taking good care of their employees. More than words, this is proven with highly competitive pay, benefits and training. Kiewit has gone through a tremendous technology transformation over the past 9 years. It might be one of the fastest for their size, but certainly in their industry. It was truly remarkable and great career experience. They are well on the way to becoming a data-driven company and very likely the most technically advanced company in the construction industry. I will always value my years spent there and miss the great people. Without a doubt it is the best place I have ever worked.” – Full Review