Kiewit Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 1, 2017

2.8

Business Analyst Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Lenexa, KS) in August 2017.

Interview

Very unprofessional company. They called me for onsite interview and then within 4 days offered me the job but on the same day put the offer on hold. The reason was budgeting issue. if they had no budget, then why did they call me for an interview and offer me the job.

VERY VERY VERY Unprofessional.

Entry Level Field/Office Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

First had a video interview via Hirevue and an online questionnaire. Was then called for a phone interview two weeks later. They then flew me out to Seattle for multiple interviews. You have to be extremely prepared, so definitely practice your interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a difficult colleague you had while working.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Vancouver, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied for several positions online and was contacted by phone from the Vancouver, WA office for an informal interview about my skills and qualifications. After the informal phone interview I was invited to fly out to their offices for a formal in person interview.

A few weeks later I was flown out for the interview along with several other people applying for jobs in that office. The formal interview was two separate interviews with two different employees in the office, one more technical asking about my own experiences in school / internships and the other about more typical HR related questions. Both of the interviewers repeatedly drove home the fact that they expect their employees to work long hours and weekends which personally did not turn me off as its expected in this field but there was an odd sense that they did not believe me and continuously brought that point up. I was not offered a position but that may have been for the best.

Interview Questions

• What would make you not want to take this job?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview

Handed my resume to them at a university career fair. Got a call later to setup a job interview for the next day. Interviewed the next morning and heard back after 2 weeks that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about Kiewit?   2 Answers

Business Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

First there was a 30 min Phone Interview to describe what the position is and some basic information. They then assign you an Assessment - Time Math and Verbal, which personally is meant to trip you up. There are some blank answers and you have to move forward. Good luck with blind guessing. Then there is an In-person interview for about 30 min. which is a little more detailed. I don't think the next step is for everyone but my in-person interviewer was sick so I got someone else and they decided I needed a second interview and that was over the phone with the controller.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you working 7am-5pm?   2 Answers
    • How can you handle different types of people and meet their needs?   2 Answers
    • How wall can you handle deadlines and budgets?   1 Answer

Entry Level Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Lenexa, KS) in March 2017.

Interview

I met a couple of recruiters and hiring managers at my school career fair and had an interview the next day on campus. I then did a video interview followed by an online cognitive and behavioral assessment. A couple of weeks later I was invited to their "career day" where I had a dinner the night before and presentations/interviews the next day.

Moreover, it was a VERY THOROUGH process and you must be on your A-game if you want to proceed to the next phase. Every person I met and interviewed with was nice, respectful, and great to talk to.

I got an offer but declined it to take on another opportunity with another company.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were about my work experiences   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ingleside, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Ingleside, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

it was a two interview process for me. I applied at my local college career and got an interview later that same day. The interview was very generic and only really involved me discussing my past experience. later that week i was asked by HR to do some online personality as well as a simple webcam interview for corporate purposes. About a week later i got an interview at the job site as well as a tour. That day I was interview by three different people of different departments (none of which directly worked in the engineering department). in the end the interview was tough but fair, asking exactly what i brought to the table. In the end a hiring manager I had not met, nor had the opportunity to meet(he was on vacation), made the decision i wasn't exactly what they were looking for about a week later. overall it was an okay experience and they offered to pay for travel expenses to the final interview.

Safety Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Fayetteville, AR) in March 2017.

Interview

You will do as you are told to do not as you are trained to do. They talk safety but when you get to the bottom of the page they are all about production and deflecting responsibility for injuries. Not preventing injuries.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Omaha, NE) in March 2017.

Interview

Video introduction was more difficult than sitting face to face. You got 3 chances to get it right. They asked 5 questions then gave you a chance to change it. After about 3rd question I just kinda of gave up.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

I just started the process but so far I've taken personality trait test. The next step will be a recorder interview. The interview is online and you will be talking to a the screen not a actual person.