Kiewit Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 19, 2017

2.8

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Golden, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

This interview was for an Engineer I position with their Underground District. I went to my school's career fair and was offered an interview there. They called me later to set up a time. I interviewed at my school with one of their engineers that was in town recruiting. I then received a phone call about a week later to set up a phone interview with a Project Manager in the Underground District. I received an email about 2 weeks later telling me I didn't get the job.

Marketing Related Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Englewood, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

Group interview, very negative; they were certainly trying to find a way to prove that I could not do the job, even though I've done a very similar job for more than 20 years in the same industry with excellent evaluations. Very long process, then after my interview, I never heard a word from them. You would think after all the effort I made and jumping through their hoops they would at least have the professional courtesy to say no thanks, we selected someone else.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions, but they showed a very negative attitude and seemed unhappy with any answer I gave. I usually do well and feel good about my interviews, but this was an uphill battle where I could not convince them I'd done exactly what they needed and have been very successful.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Greenville, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

Asked situational questions to judge character. It was a very relaxed one-on-one interview. The interviewer had no intention to make me nervous and he was more than helpful if I had any questions.

Interview Questions

• ex. When was a time that you had to make a difficult decision for a job?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview

Two interviews. The first was through they're hire view program. You get 3 minutes to ask the questions with a break between each one. It was very strange and ackward but they just do it to get to know the candidate a little more. I then had to deal with the HR manager who was telling me I wasn't a good fit for the job. I had an interview with the project manager and he offered me a job during the phone interview. The process took about a month after applying. Overall the experience was okay.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotations. They had a set rate based on location placed.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in January 2016.

Interview

The first part was doing a behavioral questionnaire and taking a skills test. After completing that part, I was contacted for the digital interview. You are presented about 6-8 questions and record your response for each.

Entry-Level Office/Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

I had a digital HireVue interview with Kiewit for an entry-level office/field engineer position. The interview session consisted of five sets of interview questions, which included three minutes of actual interview response recording sessions and thirty seconds of preparing time for each interview question. It feels a little awkward talking to myself and on such a time-crunch. One of the interview questions I remember was, “Where do you see yourself in five years. How will you get there?”

Pros:
    Receiving a status update or response from the recruiting team was relatively quicker than other companies who do a traditional face-to-face interview.

Cons:
    Feeling a little awkward that I cannot see the interviewer’s reaction while talking.
    Setting up an appropriate interview atmosphere on my own was a little difficult. I had to ask my family members to stay outside the house while I was preparing and recording.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years. How will you get there?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Golden, CO) in November 2015.

Interview

They do everything by phone or e-mail; nothing is face to face anymore. I got an e-mail from their college HR person, then I did two interviews with engineers. It was overall an okay experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult team member and how you dealt with him or her.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (College Station, TX).

Interview

Spoke to them at the career fair. Went to a dinner. A month or two later got an email saying to do an online interview. Very slow process. I almost gave up. The internship was supposed to be a field internship, but they stuck me in an office. My second internship was in the field.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in five years.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online, then spoke with a recruiter who e-mailed me HireVue and Online Questionnaire which I then completed. Was then contacted by another recruiter a few weeks later who scheduled a phone interview with me via e-mail. I was offered the position at the end of the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a peer or coworker broke the rules and what you did about it.   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked with a difficult person and how you resolved the issue.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Boise, ID) in November 2015.

Interview

I met with Kiewit at a Career Fair and was invited to dinner. The next day they wanted me to interview. The interview was very standard and had a friendly vibe. During the interview they had mentioned that this year in particular was very competitive. I felt like I did well in the interview, however, one week later I received an email saying that they found someone else for the position.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is your biggest strength?
      Q: What is your biggest weakness?
      Q: Have you applied to other internships?
      Answer Question