Kiewit Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Golden, CO) in November 2015.

Interview

They do everything by phone or e-mail; nothing is face to face anymore. I got an e-mail from their college HR person, then I did two interviews with engineers. It was overall an okay experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult team member and how you dealt with him or her.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (College Station, TX).

Interview

Spoke to them at the career fair. Went to a dinner. A month or two later got an email saying to do an online interview. Very slow process. I almost gave up. The internship was supposed to be a field internship, but they stuck me in an office. My second internship was in the field.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in five years.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online, then spoke with a recruiter who e-mailed me HireVue and Online Questionnaire which I then completed. Was then contacted by another recruiter a few weeks later who scheduled a phone interview with me via e-mail. I was offered the position at the end of the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a peer or coworker broke the rules and what you did about it.   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you worked with a difficult person and how you resolved the issue.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Boise, ID) in November 2015.

Interview

I met with Kiewit at a Career Fair and was invited to dinner. The next day they wanted me to interview. The interview was very standard and had a friendly vibe. During the interview they had mentioned that this year in particular was very competitive. I felt like I did well in the interview, however, one week later I received an email saying that they found someone else for the position.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is your biggest strength?
      Q: What is your biggest weakness?
      Q: Have you applied to other internships?
      Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I did a hirevue, assessment and then a face to face. If you know someone with power at Kiewit....that will help. I tried 4 other positions and never got a face to face. Helpful tips in the hirevue/ interview: KNOW THE CORE VALUES, Ask what their EMR is ytd. Ask about their safety plan.

Interview Questions

• What does integrity mean to you.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. Didn't want to rock the boat.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview

I was sat down in front of four guys. They were all pretty cool but it made me nervous. Everyone had their own set of questions and asked about my background.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online, was asked to go through Hirevue process. Hirevue is an online recording software for interview on demand. There were around 6 questions, with 30 seconds to prepare for each question and then 3 mins to answer them. The questions were fairly straightforward HR interview questions with nothing technical.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to relocate?
      What makes you a suitable candidate for this job?
      What challenges did you face at your previous work and how did you overcome them?
      1 Answer

Entry Level Mechancical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and they sent me a link to a online interview in 2 or 3 weeks. The interview was through a webcam and there were 5 questions. You are given 3 minutes on each questions and 30 seconds break in between each question.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in tunneling and underground construction?   Answer Question

Safety Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Video interview, it took about 45 minutes to complete, and had a feed back session at the end. interview set up in my home office and was a good quality video process.

Interview Questions

• Experience, projects I have worked on and other skill sets that I have. also my certifications, and credits.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Omaha, NE) in October 2015.

Interview

My interview with kiewit was far from painful started with a face to face then proceeded with about an hour long phone interview the lady who I had a one on one interview with was very nice and was very knowledgeable in the field. She made it easy and fun to start discussion but would pull it back into focus. The phone interview was my toughest part due to the fact of not being able to make facial contact etc.

Interview Questions

• When was there a time that there was an obstacle in your way and how did you over come it?   Answer Question