Kiewit Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kiewit Corporation Interview Questions

Interviews at Kiewit Corporation

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview

I interviewed for an equipment management intern position the day after a career fair. Questions were very standard, describe a situation or strength and weakness questions. The interviewers were clearly a little tired, as they had likely done at least 15 interviews that day. I would've liked to talk more about technical information or resume details, it's tough for candidates to stand out when questions are pretty vanilla.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a differing opinion from someone and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview

I was sat down in front of four guys. They were all pretty cool but it made me nervous. Everyone had their own set of questions and asked about my background.

Anonymous Employee in Colliersville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Colliersville, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview was relatively simple, some personality questions, met some of the engineers at the facility. Was given an offer on the spot to be an estimating intern. Everyone was very friendly and made me feel comfortable. Any college students that are applying, BRING ASSIGNMENTS FROM SCHOOL, they loved the fact that I brought some along with me, and actually knew what I was talking about while explaining what the assignment was and how it tied into what Kiewit does.

Interview Questions

• What is some job titles you would like to eventually be promoted to at Kiewit?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They made me an exceptional offer and I was glad to accept it.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (San Antonio, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied online via LinkedIn. The next day I got an email to schedule a phone interview. I had the interview the following day. About a week later I got called back for a second interview. A week after that I heard back and was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you didn't meet a deadline and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Ames, IA) in September 2016.

Interview

Met on-campus at career fair. In-person interview the next day. Phone interview 2 weeks later. Offer made 1.5 months after initial contact at career fair. 2 week decision deadline (somewhat flexible) after offer was made. Don't expect to know your placement location until less than 1 month before you start.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate? (If you answer "No", the interview process will likely be over immediately - if you're applying for an entry position)   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in July 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume and filled out job app. Received an email a few days later to give a hirevue interview. This is a video interview with scripted questions. I thought about it for a couple of days and ultimately decided if this company can't spend the time to phone screen a candidate then I don't want to waste my time on them either. They are pushing all the effort onto the candidate without investing any time themselves.

Almost felt like they are herding cattle.

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview

Very poorly organized. One staff member was insulting their manager and people with whom they worked. Was not impressed. Indicated that there was high turnover and would let people go for no reason

Interview Questions

• Management was fine and focused on experience and handling situations. Staff was asking terminology questions like they looked it it up on Google, but did not ask about to actually do the job.   Answer Question

Business Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Omaha, NE) in June 2018.

Interview

I directly called an internal recruiter about a position that had been posted. The recruiter told me the salary range. We scheduled an in-person interview. Prior to that in person interview, I applied online. After the interview, the company made an offer, which was lower than the promised salary range. The recruiter denied giving that range. My records and application proved otherwise. I counter-offered; a slight bump up salary offer was made, which I turned down. Disappointing hiring practices-

Interview Questions

• Mostly standard interview questions - in a group interview with direct manager and colleagues. (Tell me about your experience with international projects, etc)   Answer Question

Carpenter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in January 2014.

Interview

Very straight forward and by the book. It was educational and open minded a very refreshing approach. It was the first time I honestly became educated during an interview. It was a great process. The safety alone was Amazing and refreshing.

Interview Questions

• It would be the re quoting of all the information shortly after the interview, how ever it was the step procedures involved and the entire commitment of all staff and employees that made the process smooth and easy to pick up in a short time. The question that I had to take time on was `what do you want to be in this company? It was hard to say at first due to the fact of all the Amazing options, like a kid in a candy store.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Denver, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview was fairly straight forward mostly looking to see how my past (healthcare) experience would translate was was relevant for that position. They were all very friendly and laidback.