Kiewit Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 19, 2017

2.8

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Omaha, NE) in September 2015.

Interview

HireVue questionnaire, sit down interview with two managers in Omaha a few weeks later. Interview lasted 1.5 hours. Four weeks later got a call for another sit down with the same two managers. Second interview took over an hour. Was told they sent an offer to the other final candidate and they accepted. Overall very good company and really liked the two managers I interviewed with. Sadly they were looking for someone with an accounting degree (mines in Finance) but I had accounting and SAP work experience. Will try again when another opening is available.

Mining Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Omaha, NE) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online. One month later I was emailed with a link to fill out a personality questionnaire and IQ/critical thinking test. I was also emailed a link to a HireVue virtual interview. Neither of these emails explained what to do with the links or what to expect when I went clicked on them. The HireVue experience is terrible. You just speak your answers into a webcam. There is no personal feel and it doesn't give you a chance to explain your answers in depth or correct anything you may have mis-spoken about like you would in a real interview.

Proposal Writer/Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Englewood, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

Someone recommended me to a Proposal Manager. I sent him my resume and he forwarded it to HR who asked me to apply online and do a HireVue interview. 3 weeks later they called to schedule an in-person interview. They flew me out to Englewood for the interview and took me to lunch. It was very pleasant and relaxed. They called 3 weeks after that to offer me the position. I spent about 2 weeks negotiating with them before accepting the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I called a few days after I got the offer and said "I am so excited about this position and about joining the team, but in order to accept I'd need to see a higher starting salary." HR said "Ok, what were you thinking?" and then "OK, let me find out how much wiggle room we have." They met me right in the middle of the original offer and what I had requested.

Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Lenexa, KS) in August 2015.

Interview

Very comfortable environment. Nice people. The job was closely aligned with my experience so I was ver familiar with the questions. I interviewed with five different people two, two, then one the president.

Safety Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Omaha, NE) in August 2015.

Interview

First one is over the computer. Second is in person. The interview was between me and the Corporate Manager. Then as he noticed was a candidate he then took me to talk with three other members of their organization. I was liked by all but one, which i noticed their body language. I was still a good outcome, i have been working for them now just under a year.

Interview Questions

• No questions just talked about the needs.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations with KIEWIT.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Interview

The person at the front desk was not welcoming when I first walked in but instead seemed annoyed I was standing in front of her. Interviewing here was NOT a good experience. The two HR representatives I met with didn't make it much better. They where very condescending and would not let me finish my answers to their questions. All in all, I recommend hiring associates who are more people/client oriented.

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in July 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume and filled out job app. Received an email a few days later to give a hirevue interview. This is a video interview with scripted questions. I thought about it for a couple of days and ultimately decided if this company can't spend the time to phone screen a candidate then I don't want to waste my time on them either. They are pushing all the effort onto the candidate without investing any time themselves.

Almost felt like they are herding cattle.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Denver, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview was fairly straight forward mostly looking to see how my past (healthcare) experience would translate was was relevant for that position. They were all very friendly and laidback.

Entry Level Engineer/Estimator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process is a HireVue Video Module. They send this after your Peoples Answer Assessment. It was fairly easy just please be sure to wear interview clothes when you do your HireVue interview process and smile.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel your qualifications and background match up with this position. This question was tricky so be sure to research the job and match your qualifications with it.   Answer Question

Safety Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewed over the phone, then had to take and online assessment before i was eventually flown out for an in-person interview. Once there, I had a 1:1 interview as well as a panel that grilled me about past experiences and value I can bring to the team.

Interview Questions

• Are you better then the others applying for this position? If yes, Why? if no, Why Not?   Answer Question

The offer was too low and I wasn't willing to take a pay cut.