Kiewit Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Kiewit Corporation

2.8

Marketing Related Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Englewood, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

Group interview, very negative; they were certainly trying to find a way to prove that I could not do the job, even though I've done a very similar job for more than 20 years in the same industry with excellent evaluations. Very long process, then after my interview, I never heard a word from them. You would think after all the effort I made and jumping through their hoops they would at least have the professional courtesy to say no thanks, we selected someone else.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions, but they showed a very negative attitude and seemed unhappy with any answer I gave. I usually do well and feel good about my interviews, but this was an uphill battle where I could not convince them I'd done exactly what they needed and have been very successful.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Omaha, NE) in January 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by 6+ recruiters about the position. Some from other states. Passed a phone interview with a project lead. In the face-to-face interview there were 3 interviewers, one never asked any questions and seemed to not want to be there, one was very positive and friendly, and one kept saying he was confused about things on my resume which I explained over and over. This interviewer asked very high level questions synonymous to asking someone "how to build a house" or "how to make a car", my answers were consequently high level too. Which seems odd since they passed because my answers weren't "technical enough". Felt like a decision was made by some of the interviewers the minute I walked in.

Interview Questions

• General past experience questions, spanned previous work with UI, backend and databases. Some were detailed and purposeful but not difficult to answer, others were too generic and seemed like I had to guess the answer that the interviewer had in mind.   Answer Question

General Laborer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stafford, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Stafford, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

Basic to the point i got a good review a brief history of the company vital info for working around the railroad etc safety questions and answers made sure you were legal to work there

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Omaha, NE) in May 2014.

Interview

First is phone interview, then after a week, go to office for group interview. I talked with the hiring manager and their team directly. Not very positive feeling. I did not receive any feedback after one week, then I sent email to manager for asking the result. He told me they find the right person already.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Omaha, NE) in September 2015.

Interview

HireVue questionnaire, sit down interview with two managers in Omaha a few weeks later. Interview lasted 1.5 hours. Four weeks later got a call for another sit down with the same two managers. Second interview took over an hour. Was told they sent an offer to the other final candidate and they accepted. Overall very good company and really liked the two managers I interviewed with. Sadly they were looking for someone with an accounting degree (mines in Finance) but I had accounting and SAP work experience. Will try again when another opening is available.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Horrible found the company’s hiring practices to be unethical. They only want young applicants. Mature applicants need
    Not reply. After the first experience they contacted me by email wanting me to be considered for another position and then after I said yes i never heard from them again. I even tried to email the HR representative asking why again no response. If this is a sample of how they do business then pass them by a better job is waiting for you elsewhere.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Omaha, NE) in March 2017.

Interview

Video introduction was more difficult than sitting face to face. You got 3 chances to get it right. They asked 5 questions then gave you a chance to change it. After about 3rd question I just kinda of gave up.

Applications Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Omaha, NE) in October 2017.

Interview

Had a 30 minute round of telephone interviews w/ 3 individuals - 2 peers and one supervisor (director). Followed up w/ on-site with same 3 plus 1 new peer, with slightly longer timeframes (30-60 mins each).

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions surrounded the hypothetical aspects of the job. We got mostly into my architectural philosophy, and not into the nuts and bolts of what the job would be about. We never got to the technical aspects or specifics of the job, mostly discussed the role.   Answer Question

Assistant Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Vancouver, WA) in August 2008.

Interview

I was chosen to interview for this position when a district business manger found my resume online. The interview was a 2 part process: first there was an hour long interview with the district business manager. The second part was an hour long informal interview with an on-site senior business manager.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions in the interview. The interview was a very informal conversation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. The waiting process depends on whether they have the allowable budget and where they are going to place you (job site location).

Laborer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I was called in to speak one on one with the boss and filled out more paperwork. Spoke with the boss on what my plans were once I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to relocate?   1 Answer