Kiewit Corporation Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kiewit Corporation Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Kiewit Corporation

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in October 2010.

Interview

Got the interview at a career fair at the university. Interviewed the next day by an HR manager and an actual engineer. They asked a set of questions that are written on a piece of paper, and then they wrote down my answers. The questions were very general, as in explain to us a situation where you had to step up as a leader? Explain a situation where things didn't turn out the way you wanted it to be and what did you do to fix it? A lot of leadership questions. Then they asked about willingness to relocate to remote locations. Overall, very casual and laid-back.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time where no leader was assigned and you had to step up as a leader.   Answer Question
  • What is one thing that you consider an accomplishment in your life?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kiewit Corporation

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

The process to get to the final interview took about a month. First you send in your general application and if selected, you will be asked to complete a pre-employment assessment. This assessment is comprised of questions relating to personality, competency, and skill level.

After completing the assessment you will be contacted via e-mail to complete a introduction video where you will answer 5 short questions in a 30 second time frame. (Two attempts are allowed). Finally, after reviewing your video, you will be contacted by the kiewit HR department to set up an in-person interview.

The in-person interview took approximately 45 minutes and was quite pleasant. The interviewers were easy to talk to and answered all of my questions without hesitation. My overall impression of the kiewit hiring process is positive. They spent a lot of time and effort reviewing your application to find the best fit for you, as well as in their organization.

One more thing to mention is that Kiewit is a construction based company. There are a lot of reviews on here that say the work/life balance is non-existent...Unfortunately that's how the construction industry works, some days you will be swamped and other days you'll be leaving early. If you have ever worked in construction you will know this, so don't expect to work a standard 37.5 hour work week.

Interview Questions