Kiewit Corporation Interview Questions in Omaha, NE | Glassdoor

Updated May 2, 2017

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Omaha, NE) in March 2017.

Interview

Video introduction was more difficult than sitting face to face. You got 3 chances to get it right. They asked 5 questions then gave you a chance to change it. After about 3rd question I just kinda of gave up.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Omaha, NE) in March 2016.

Interview

The interviewer called me for a phone interview and then I was brought in for an in person interview and received the job. The entire process took about a week.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Omaha, NE) in October 2015.

Interview

My interview with kiewit was far from painful started with a face to face then proceeded with about an hour long phone interview the lady who I had a one on one interview with was very nice and was very knowledgeable in the field. She made it easy and fun to start discussion but would pull it back into focus. The phone interview was my toughest part due to the fact of not being able to make facial contact etc.

Interview Questions

• When was there a time that there was an obstacle in your way and how did you over come it?   Answer Question

Scheduling Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Omaha, NE) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied at a college career fair - received a next day interview which consisted of talking about what I wanted to do after college, Kiewit's culture and how the company works. Received a call about a week later to set up a skype interview (Hirevue). Hirevue had a bunch of general questions (why do you believe you are a good fit for the job..etc.) This was followed by another call to set up an interview in Omaha with the manager's who I'd be reporting to.

The last interview was pretty standard. Talked about why I am a good candidate, expressed that I would be willing to move to where the work was, and that I was willing to make a commitment to learning scheduling and Primavera.

A couple days later I received a call with the job offer.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Omaha, NE) in September 2015.

Interview

HireVue questionnaire, sit down interview with two managers in Omaha a few weeks later. Interview lasted 1.5 hours. Four weeks later got a call for another sit down with the same two managers. Second interview took over an hour. Was told they sent an offer to the other final candidate and they accepted. Overall very good company and really liked the two managers I interviewed with. Sadly they were looking for someone with an accounting degree (mines in Finance) but I had accounting and SAP work experience. Will try again when another opening is available.

Mining Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Omaha, NE) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online. One month later I was emailed with a link to fill out a personality questionnaire and IQ/critical thinking test. I was also emailed a link to a HireVue virtual interview. Neither of these emails explained what to do with the links or what to expect when I went clicked on them. The HireVue experience is terrible. You just speak your answers into a webcam. There is no personal feel and it doesn't give you a chance to explain your answers in depth or correct anything you may have mis-spoken about like you would in a real interview.

Safety Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Omaha, NE) in August 2015.

Interview

First one is over the computer. Second is in person. The interview was between me and the Corporate Manager. Then as he noticed was a candidate he then took me to talk with three other members of their organization. I was liked by all but one, which i noticed their body language. I was still a good outcome, i have been working for them now just under a year.

Interview Questions

• No questions just talked about the needs.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations with KIEWIT.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews and an in-person interview with 4 managers. Initially applied for a different position in a different state, but was asked to take on a different position with the company as they had a current need for engineers.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What do you bring to the company?   Answer Question

SAP Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Bellevue, NE) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview process was done by webcam. I am not familiar with this tpe of interview and would appreciate a one on one meeting, face to face. I prefer to show my work on paper, certificates, degrees, letters of acknowledgement rather than try to answer 4 questions in an alloted amount of time.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not difficult for me or unexpected. What was unexpected was there were only 4 questions and I was being timed per question. On webcam interviews you cannot touch the screen for the next question or timer to record your answer with your fingernail. It has to be the pad of your fingers to work. You don't get a second chance if you make a mistake on the webcam interview.   Answer Question

Senior SAP Basis Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Omaha, NE) in August 2014.

Interview

I had two rounds of interview and it was a skype round. The interview lasted for 30-40 minutes, very professional, and I got the offer with in couple of days after clearing.