Kiewit Corporation Project Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kiewit Corporation Project Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Met at office, intro, interview with project managers. Mostly ask about experience and if i would be willing to relocate. They discuss your position and answer all questions . About a 2 hour process. Several candidates are there with you

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kiewit Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Brea, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I first met with them at my college career fair. They emailed me back 2 weeks later scheduling a phone interview. The phone interview only lasted 15 mins. The next step was to do a hirevue one way interview. Its really awkward because its so impersonal and there is no interaction with anyone on the other side.

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Fremont, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

I got the job through a temp agency.
    But had an interview with the head manager, Larry Mackay.
    He's a great guy with awesome personality. Interview was pretty straight forward andtypical behavorial questions. Nothing complicated at all.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the time you faced a problem and how you solved it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Austin, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

I was contacted via phone call for a first interview in their office. Two days later I was invited to a second interview. The first interview was with a hiring manager and a project manager. The second interview was with a different hiring manager. The interview was easy. Many questions were related to test my technical knowledge. I applied for a role that exactly matched my previous experience.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation.

Interview

on campus interview, relaxed beginning, quickly became serious with in-depth questions on technical knowledge. Then moved on to past experience and job history. asked about willingness to relocate and what long term career aspirations would be. All questions seemed fair. Would try to have more experience prior to interviewing if possible or become certified as an industry professional if possible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Denver, CO) in February 2012.

Interview

It was pretty painless. Started with an informal info session. After that they invited only a few of us to a "Meet and Greet" as a kind of first interview. During the Meet and Greet they talked more about Kiewit and what would generally be expected of us. We got to ask questions of their experiences with the company and talk about our skills in a very informal setting. A week later they invited me out to Denver, CO for a panel interview with 3+ interviews. This was a more formal setting. Overall, an easy process.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Dallas, TX) in November 2010.

Interview

Came to College at a job fair, invited all people that stopped by booth to come to a conference room later that evening, put on a presentation then had small interviews with each person that was still interested after the presentation. If you passed the initial interview then they set up a flight from your college to their districted office for s second round of interviews. was offered a position after the second round

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (New Orleans, LA) in October 2009.

Interview

An informal interview with a group of employees that would be my peers in the industry.

Project Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2013.

Interview

Primarily Behavioural questions with an engineering manager at the project site. Great manager, i got along well with the manager, and it helped a lot. He was helping me through the process, and they were trying to gauge if I was a good fit.

The HR hiring process was very pleasant as well.

Interview Questions

• 1. Standard Behavioural Questions.
      2. Construction or Design?
      1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kiewit Corporation in January 2011.

Interview

The interview was conducted in a very orderly fashion. I was flown to the Northwest office and sat down with a panel of 3 people. They were very clear about the amount of work that Kiewit requires from its employees.

Interview Questions

• What was the worst job you have ever had?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-existing