Kiewit Offshore Field Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kiewit Offshore Field Engineer Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kiewit Offshore (San Antonio, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I got a phone interview and the hirevue interview. they came to my university to a career fair and they interview me one more time. three days later they send me and email regarding that they have many candidates and they will not longer consider me for the position.

Interview Questions

• how do I look my self in 5 years?
    why I will like to move to corpus?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kiewit Offshore

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Offshore (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Not much you apply online, an HR calls you to phone screen, they send you an email to take Hire Vue within 72 hours or else, then send you a rejection email about you not getting the job, 2 weeks later......lame.

Interview Questions

• HireVue, are you open to relocation, why should we hire you, where do you see yourself in five years. What do you know about or why do you want to work for Kiewit. It's a retarded process to watch yourself on screen and talk to yourself, very awkward.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ingleside, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Offshore (Ingleside, TX).

Interview

I was first called and did the whole phone interview/screen process. I was then contacted to do a recorded interview. In this interview you read the question on the screen and then record your answer. This only took about 15 - 20 minutes.
    After the recorded interview, I was called to do an in person interview at the site. The onsite interview really is more of a way to see how you interact with other people and to see how personable you are.
    It was a group setting when you first arrive. There is a mixer at the hotel where all the interviewees are staying. At the mixer you meet a few employees and your fellow candidates.
    The next day we went to the job site and did a tour of the facility, had a Q/A session with one of the engineers and then had interviews.
    The interview is set up where you and about 4 or 5 other interviewees sit at separate tables and the interviewers (between 4-6 of them) will move between table interviewing each candidate.
    Afterwards, you eat lunch and go home.
    Your recruiter is there the whole time and available to answer any questions.

Interview Questions

• Not sure there were any that were that difficult. They ask you standard interview questions to gage your personality, ethics, initiative, etc.
      Some interviewers may change it up to get to know you a little better rather than hear the "rehearsed" answers.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate but you have an opportunity to ask for more when they call you with your offer.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kiewit Offshore in March 2014.

Interview

Talk to recruiter on campus. Was asked if I wanted to interview. Told to apply online. Did an online video interview. Job offer came about a month and a half later.

Interview Questions

• The basic tell me about yourself, what are strengths, weaknesses, doing the wrong thing when no one is looking type questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Offshore (Houston, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

Very informal interview, dressed for success with a nice pair of slacks and nice white collar shirt. Interviewer had a standard list of questions but it was more of a get to know who you are kind of interview.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing that came unexpected. The interviewer put me at ease and it was a pleasant experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kiewit Offshore (San Antonio, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

Met at career fair for first interaction.
    Called and setup formal interview at another career fair. Met with two employees.
    Setup a site visit and several one on one interviews with management.
    Offer made.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Accept it or not.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kiewit Offshore in September 2010.

Interview

Met Kiewit representatives at a career fair and was offered an interview the next day. Interview consisted of a 3 person panel and was, for the most part, a casual experience. Most questions were fairly open-ended, such as "tell us about yourself" and "what do you know about Kiewit". I was also asked (2 or 3 times) if I was looking to join the company for long term or just looking for experience. About 35-40% of the interview consisted of them asking me questions and the rest involved me asking questions. Overall the interview lasted a little over an hour. While interviewing it seemed that leadership was an important quality in a candidate.

Interview Questions

• We are interviewing a lot of people today, why should we hire you? What do you have that the others don't?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kiewit Offshore in September 2009.

Interview

Got the interview through talking to an HR representitive at a Career Fair. 3 people interviewed me and the first question that was asked was tell me about yourself. Then they wanted to know about my past internship experiences with other companies. Everyone asked a question and they were big on extracurricular activities in college.

Field Engineering Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kiewit Offshore in September 2009.

Interview

We met at the career fair held at the university. The interview was held on campus the next day. There were 2 interviewers, a Kiewit Engineer and a Student recently hired. I was told it would be the only interview if I succeeded, there would be no need for a second interview. The recently hired graduate asked most of the questions, but the engineer had a few according to what I responded to the answers. They asked about leadership positions and physical activity involvements (i.e. sports, construction experience). Also, there were questions like where would I see myself in 5 years or so. Although it is not required, they very much prefer students with previous work experience.