Kiewit Offshore Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Kiewit Offshore

2.6

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kiewit Offshore (Corpus Christi, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

We discussed job Requirements with Planning Supervisor
    We discussed my Job Qualifications and how I could help the company and how fast I could adjust to the work flow
    Reviewed Shop and shop Procedures and Planner roles interaction.

Interview Questions

• If I was willing to work long hours.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kiewit Offshore (College Station, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Face-to-face interview followed by online Skype interview. There were many situational and hypothetical scenario type questions in the face-to-face interview. The Skype interview was more of a getting-to-know-you type interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you dealt with a team member who was not cooperating.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Kiewit Offshore.

Interview

Panel Interview that was interactive, working with things that I would be working with on the job to make sure that I understood them. Very personable, friendly and knowledgeable .

Interview Questions

• Do you understand all aspects of a blueprint, if so show us on this blueprint for pipes on a rig.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Offshore.

Interview

Phone interview with one person. Brought in to Ingleside for dinner then the next day a tour and a round-robin with 3-4 managers.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to do what it takes - work nights and weekends? (Should have been a red flag!)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Little room to negotiate. They have a lot of applicants.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ingleside, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Offshore (Ingleside, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

HR contacted me. Set up interview one week later. HR contacts me again a day before interview and they reschedule interview for the next week. Day of the interview they took me around the location in a car with 3 other applicants. Have 1 on 1 inter views with 3 department heads. They are short under 15mins each asking normal questions. (What do you want to do? Where do you see yourself? Classes from College, GPA, and class breakdown and the grades/knowledge gained). One of 3 left after a few interviews he felt he was doing bad. Another one left to go to a class. The last one and I went out to lunch with one of the heads. They contacted me about a week later. Mileage check about 2-3 weeks after that.

Interview Questions

• Questions about GPA trends.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ingleside, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Offshore (Ingleside, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very laid back. KOS tried to make you feel very comfortable through the entire process. The interview consisted of talking to four managers individually for about half an hour each. Afterwards they gave everyone lunch which was great. No real complaints about the process.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to deal with a problem and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ingleside, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Offshore (Ingleside, TX).

Interview

I was first called and did the whole phone interview/screen process. I was then contacted to do a recorded interview. In this interview you read the question on the screen and then record your answer. This only took about 15 - 20 minutes.
    After the recorded interview, I was called to do an in person interview at the site. The onsite interview really is more of a way to see how you interact with other people and to see how personable you are.
    It was a group setting when you first arrive. There is a mixer at the hotel where all the interviewees are staying. At the mixer you meet a few employees and your fellow candidates.
    The next day we went to the job site and did a tour of the facility, had a Q/A session with one of the engineers and then had interviews.
    The interview is set up where you and about 4 or 5 other interviewees sit at separate tables and the interviewers (between 4-6 of them) will move between table interviewing each candidate.
    Afterwards, you eat lunch and go home.
    Your recruiter is there the whole time and available to answer any questions.

Interview Questions

• Not sure there were any that were that difficult. They ask you standard interview questions to gage your personality, ethics, initiative, etc.
      Some interviewers may change it up to get to know you a little better rather than hear the "rehearsed" answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate but you have an opportunity to ask for more when they call you with your offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Offshore (Houston, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

Very informal interview, dressed for success with a nice pair of slacks and nice white collar shirt. Interviewer had a standard list of questions but it was more of a get to know who you are kind of interview.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing that came unexpected. The interviewer put me at ease and it was a pleasant experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kiewit Offshore (San Antonio, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

Met at career fair for first interaction.
    Called and setup formal interview at another career fair. Met with two employees.
    Setup a site visit and several one on one interviews with management.
    Offer made.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Accept it or not.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kiewit Offshore in March 2014.

Interview

Talk to recruiter on campus. Was asked if I wanted to interview. Told to apply online. Did an online video interview. Job offer came about a month and a half later.

Interview Questions

• The basic tell me about yourself, what are strengths, weaknesses, doing the wrong thing when no one is looking type questions   1 Answer