Kiewit Offshore Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kiewit Offshore Interview Questions

Interviews at Kiewit Offshore

2.6

Field Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kiewit Offshore in September 2010.

Interview

Met Kiewit representatives at a career fair and was offered an interview the next day. Interview consisted of a 3 person panel and was, for the most part, a casual experience. Most questions were fairly open-ended, such as "tell us about yourself" and "what do you know about Kiewit". I was also asked (2 or 3 times) if I was looking to join the company for long term or just looking for experience. About 35-40% of the interview consisted of them asking me questions and the rest involved me asking questions. Overall the interview lasted a little over an hour. While interviewing it seemed that leadership was an important quality in a candidate.

Interview Questions

• We are interviewing a lot of people today, why should we hire you? What do you have that the others don't?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kiewit Offshore in September 2009.

Interview

Got the interview through talking to an HR representitive at a Career Fair. 3 people interviewed me and the first question that was asked was tell me about yourself. Then they wanted to know about my past internship experiences with other companies. Everyone asked a question and they were big on extracurricular activities in college.

Field Engineering Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kiewit Offshore in September 2009.

Interview

We met at the career fair held at the university. The interview was held on campus the next day. There were 2 interviewers, a Kiewit Engineer and a Student recently hired. I was told it would be the only interview if I succeeded, there would be no need for a second interview. The recently hired graduate asked most of the questions, but the engineer had a few according to what I responded to the answers. They asked about leadership positions and physical activity involvements (i.e. sports, construction experience). Also, there were questions like where would I see myself in 5 years or so. Although it is not required, they very much prefer students with previous work experience.

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Offshore in June 2010.

Interview

Interviewed initially via telephone. Called 2 weeks later for a "panel style" interview with 5 individuals. Called back for interview with 2 individuals. The individuals I interviewed with were informative, pleasant, and asked a lot of questions. Office was in a good location and work environment seemed professional.

Interview Questions

• How do you perceive the company based on research you've conducted or other information?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Over the phone offer, offer letter emailed. There is room for negotiation.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kiewit Offshore in February 2010.

Interview

After going over my resume with the kiewit representative at my university, I was quickly scheduled for an interview. The interview was a one on one interview. The representative was very laid back and easy to talk to. I was asked a few questions that lasted about ten minutes, and for the next twenty minutes we basically just discussed the details about the company.