Kiewit Power Constructors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Kiewit Power Constructors

2.8

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Power Constructors (Lenexa, KS) in April 2013.

Interview

submitted resume online, communicated through email, telephone 1 on one., followed by a 30 minute videoconference to answer questions, finally meet in person conference. nervous , difficulty questions as I had not worked in marketing before, never have completed a video conference

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Power Constructors in October 2014.

Interview

- I stopped by Kiewit's booth at my college's career fair, talked to a college recruiter, he liked my goals and resume and asked if I had time for an on campus interview the following day
    - On-campus interview consisted of 2 interviewers and myself and lasted approximately 20-30 minutes. Basic conversation style and questions about resume were discussed.
    - Two weeks later I received an email to take a HireVue online webcam interview. It was only myself and was done at my convenience, saved, and sent to hiring managers/HR. It consisted of 11 questions. I was given 30 seconds to read each question, and 1 minute to respond.
    - Two weeks later I was contacted by Kiewit to fly down to Kansas City for a dinner followed by a formal interview the next day. They paid for flight, transportation, dinner, and all hotel fees.
    - I had two 45 minute long interviews with actual engineers at Kiewit.
    - I interviewed on a Friday and was contacted Monday with an offer, with an offer deadline of Friday (one week).

Interview Questions

• Explain what makes you a perfect fit for Kiewit, where do you see yourself in 5 years, use one word to describe yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kiewit Power Constructors (Lenexa, KS) in December 2010.

Interview

Met a recruiter at a College career fair and scheduled an interview for the next day, a few days later got a call I got the job.

Interview Questions

• In regards to Kiewit, How do you see yourself in 10 years from now?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kiewit Power Constructors (Lenexa, KS) in March 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed setting, interview conducted by various managers. You arrive the day before and have dinner with HR and other candidates. You then get shuttled to an all day meeting at headquarters with HR where they break down the job benefits. They take care of you very well with meals as well as a prepaid gift card for expenses. Overall the experience of was very nice. .

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about relocating?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kiewit Power Constructors (Lenexa, KS) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process is competitive, it starts a with a video interview, then a phone call interview, then you'll be brought in for a "career day" at this point you are a shoe in. You'll interview with 2 managers. More interested in working with good people. The interview is more a conversation and finding out what you want.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't any tough question or set question.   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kiewit Power Constructors in March 2015.

Interview

Was given a code to log-in Online. There was 3 days given to complete the online interview.
    After the interview. Never heard from them. After 1 month, sent a follow-up email to the hr, got a reply, they are pursuing other candidate.

Interview Questions

• Situational Questions. Like if you happen to have two supervisors giving separate instructions on a specific work, what would you do.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kiewit Power Constructors.

Interview

Standard interview without very many technical questions. Most of what they asked were to get to know you as a person to see how well you would fit into their work environment. Overall positive experience as it also showed what they were all about.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kiewit Power Constructors (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, after meeting with and at college career fair. I had talked to them for about three years at different career fairs at my school. Kids at my school would use them for any internship but not take the full time jobs. Many of my questions asked were about my willingness to stay with them for a years to come.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Power Constructors in February 2017.

Interview

Took about 2 weeks, 3 steps, First had an interview on campus with their HR person and an engineer. Then a phone-interview with another HR person. After had to take a 5 question interview online plus a questionnaire on my personality. Last they paid for my flight to go to Kansas City for the last round. Interviewed with two different people. They followed up a week after with an Offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Kiewit Power Constructors (Lenexa, KS) in May 2017.

Interview

Dinner the night before, overview of company and benefits the next morning, two employees came in to tell us about their time with Kiewit, then we had two 30 minute interviews with employees.