Kiewit Power Engineers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Kiewit Power Engineers

2.8

IT Guy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kiewit Power Engineers (Lenexa, KS) in March 2011.

Interview

I have had longer and more detailed interviews with my children. I think this is because the IT department here is like the blind leading the blind. I guess it's hard to ask questions if you don't know what questions to ask.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about employer X   1 Answer
    • Where do you want to be in five years?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrensburg, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kiewit Power Engineers (Warrensburg, MO) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview was a very lengthy process. First, I met with a manager at a career fair at my university. After speaking with him for a short time, I was asked to come back the following day for a follow up interview. The manager was extremely personable and seemed genuinely excited to be there. The rest of the interview process included a face to face interview as well as two more online interviews, one by word document and one by video recordings.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Power Engineers.

Interview

Did over the phone interview with recruiter. The call was relatively relaxed; however responsiveness from the recruiter was very slow over email to set this up. Then after the email, again responsiveness was extremely slow.

CAD Drafter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Power Engineers (Lenexa, KS) in January 2014.

Interview

Started off with a recorded Skype interview. (Human Resources reviews) When that gets approved then they call you in and your department interviews you. (They never see your Skype interview). And basically get a feel for what kind of person you are, your work history, and education level.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my current employment status and work history. Then asked what programs I prefer (AutoCAD or Microstation)   1 Answer

Structural Engineer Interview

Interview

Hirevue one way virtual interview. This was pretty innovative but stressful because you can see yourself answering questions. I felt like I was just another number because the interview process was without human interaction. After this interview I wasn't in contact with Kiewit anymore, so I did not get an offer. Overall the experience was different, and I feel that if I was talking to an interviewer rather than a computer then my character would have been more noticeable.

Interview Questions

• Just the whole experience because you are basically talking to yourself.   Answer Question

Safety Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Power Engineers (Lenexa, KS) in July 2015.

Interview

Recruter phone interview, followed by a solo video interview (HireVue) and then was flown to Kansas City for a formal traditional interview. Please let me add that this was an amazing experience. The recruiter and Safety district manager that met with me could not of made me feel more welcome. they took all the stress out of the interview and we were able to get down to the meat and potatoes.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kiewit Power Engineers in March 2015.

Interview

As a returning intern, I did not have to complete another HireVue interview. I received a call from a recruiter to schedule an interview. The next day I received an email that the department manager would be calling me to interview that morning. The same recruiter emailed me an offer later that day.

Interview Questions

• What kind of projects are you working on for class?   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kiewit Power Engineers (Lenexa, KS) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. However, since they were so unorganized, it was a chaos for me. Kiewit needs to send their HR people to some serious training. The orientation process and the whole onboarding system lacked good planning and organization.

Electrical Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kiewit Power Engineers (Lenexa, KS).

Interview

I talked to some company representatives at the career fair . After which I was called by someone from the Electrical Engineering department . It was more of a relaxed conversation , I don't really remember the details but it was not a technical interview.
    I was later flown down , where I met with a couple of staff member which included a couple of the Electrical Engineers and a representative from HR. From our interaction, I got the impression that they were trying to see if I was someone they would want to work with.

Interview Questions

• I received no curve balls, it was more conversations than interview   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tired negotiation but they are pretty fixed on wages in my experience

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Power Engineers in October 2017.

Interview

I was straight-up ghosted by Kiewit. I interviewed for a position that, per the job posting, required 3-10 years of experience. I was on the 10-years-of-experience end of the spectrum. I could tell I was completely qualified for the position from the job posting, it was obvious during the phone interview, and then reinforced again from the good feedback I received from the HR rep I was working with. But then, complete radio silence. Nothing from the person I interviewed with. I left a voicemail with the HR rep. Nothing. Not even an email saying that they had decided to go with someone else. I applied for a job, not asked for a first date. I'm guessing they found someone with 5 or 7 years of experience that they could pay less. Otherwise, a lack of professional courtesy.

Interview Questions

• If you were at a client site, and they said they were having cavitation problems with a pump, how would you address it?   1 Answer