Kiewit Power Engineers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Kiewit Power Engineers

2.8

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Power Engineers (Lenexa, KS) in April 2017.

Interview

There were 4 parts to the interview: Initial phone interview with HR, a video interview, a dinner event with hr and other prospective employees, and two 45 minutes with a department manager and a project lead.

Interview Questions

• What makes you different than everyone else applying for this job?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kiewit Power Engineers (Lenexa, KS) in August 2014.

Interview

Was first contacted by Kiewit by email after submitting an online application. The next step was an online video interview followed by a personality test and IQ test. After they contacted me by phone to offer a job.

Transmission Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kiewit Power Engineers (Lenexa, KS) in October 2013.

Interview

Kiewit has a thorough interview process. First, I was contacted by phone and asked several questions about my current working conditions and situation. After interest was expressed, an interview was setup in office for several hours, meeting with many of the departments leadership. Several out of town people reported doing an online interview where questions were promoted and your answers were recorded. Both candidates found it a bit awkward. The in-person interview was quite relaxed. Human Resources explains all the benefits, healthcare, and typical working conditions. Next, the department manager meets with you to explain the job requirements and past experience. And then several other leads stepped in to ask a few questions. Some of the discussions were a bit unnecessary as the interviewer had no experience with my specific design knowledge (aka different technical backgrounds). Overall, I'd say it was a relaxed environment. I was rather impressed with the human resources employee, Chris Rogers, quickly reaching out to me to ensure positive results.

Negotiation

There was a little room in the salary negotiation phase and work hours. I was able to negotiate a higher salary to compare with my previous employer.

Civil Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kiewit Power Engineers (Lenexa, KS) in April 2014.

Interview

During my interview, I sat down with three persons representing the civil design pool. These were individuals who each had a minimum of 15 years of experience in this type of work. They were reasonably courteous, but not all friendly in their demeanor. The person leading the interview had recently been placed in a management position for the civil design pool, and had virtually no previous management training or experience. The line of questioning was pertinent to the role I applied for.

Interview Questions

• What type of design software do you have the most experience using?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kiewit Power Engineers in October 2014.

Interview

Initial contact was at a College Career Fair. Kiewit recruiters were very easy to talk to and took my resume. I was contacted a few weeks later by email and ask to complete an online digital interview through HireVue. The video interview was fairly straightforward and I was able to complete it on my own time. The practice questions are a good idea to start with. I also completed a phone interview so their HR could get a better feel for my desired position within the company. Within another few weeks I was asked to travel to Lenexa where they are located to conduct a final interview with a few department managers who were looking for new hires for specific positions. They paid for all my expenses and a nice dinner the night before. I was impressed with their professionalism and how organized the whole process was. They made the whole experience as laid back as possible while still being extremely professional. I am currently awaiting an offer.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were fairly standard but they did ask me what made me want to pursue a career in engineering. One of the engineers i spoke with told me his best advice was to know or have a good idea as to what I wanted to do for Kiewit instead of just telling them what they wanted to hear. They want to make sure you are a good fit for them but also that they are a good fit for you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Senior Substation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Kiewit Power Engineers (Lenexa, KS) in May 2013.

Interview

Online application, followed by a phone interview with engineering, management, and HR. On-site interview with the same team about three weeks after the phone interview. PeopleAnswers online behavioral assessment was done prior to the on-site interview.

Sr. Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kiewit Power Engineers in March 2017.

Interview

Interview was conducted 1000 miles away from my location. Flew up for interview, never reimbursed for hotel or meals for the night before. Flight and car was paid however, which should have triggered my intuition.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate?   1 Answer

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kiewit Power Engineers (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

A lady and a gentleman interviewed with me in multicultural within two hours as a test (they took film of the interview and gave me a copy) and the end they approved and accepted my test.
    They asked about my experience, the companies I worked in, the problems I confronted in projects and so on. At the end they approved me and said congratulation.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths?
      What are your weakness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was test for two hours in this September and very useful.