Kiewit Power Engineers Transmission Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Kiewit Power Engineers

1 Interview Review

Transmission Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kiewit Power Engineers (Lenexa, KS) in October 2013.

Interview

Kiewit has a thorough interview process. First, I was contacted by phone and asked several questions about my current working conditions and situation. After interest was expressed, an interview was setup in office for several hours, meeting with many of the departments leadership. Several out of town people reported doing an online interview where questions were promoted and your answers were recorded. Both candidates found it a bit awkward. The in-person interview was quite relaxed. Human Resources explains all the benefits, healthcare, and typical working conditions. Next, the department manager meets with you to explain the job requirements and past experience. And then several other leads stepped in to ask a few questions. Some of the discussions were a bit unnecessary as the interviewer had no experience with my specific design knowledge (aka different technical backgrounds). Overall, I'd say it was a relaxed environment. I was rather impressed with the human resources employee, Chris Rogers, quickly reaching out to me to ensure positive results.

Negotiation

There was a little room in the salary negotiation phase and work hours. I was able to negotiate a higher salary to compare with my previous employer.