Killeen Independent School District Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Killeen Independent School District

2.7

Assistant Principal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Killeen Independent School District (Killeen, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

It was intense and intimidating because there were so many people in the interview room.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle difficult parents?   1 Answer
    • What would you do to improve student performance?   1 Answer

Substitute Teacher Interview

Interview

THERE IS NO INTERVIEW PROCESS
    -You simply apply on the Killeenisd.org website as soon as June hits because slots fill up fast!
    - After your completed application is approved there is no interview, you just attend a sub training.

Negotiation

No negotiation about anything. You must agree to follow all provided district policies and the assigned pay.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Killeen Independent School District.

Interview

They send you a letter in the mail inviting you to their unpaid 4 Hour training. After you complete the training you must get your finger prints done by FAST. It will cost a 1 time fee of $50. After that you will be able to accept jobs

Interview Questions

• Questions from children are all difficult and unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Killeen Independent School District (Killeen, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

You apply online, they will mail you a lettter for more information. If you have college credits, they will ask you to submit those in person Then you attend a training that is a few hours long. Overall the interview experience was great and an easy process.

School Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Killeen Independent School District (Killeen, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

HireVue virtual interview; phone interview (out of state)
    I was selected as one of the top 3 candidates for the position and was notified by HR that they would contact references. HR also stated it would contact me with any updates regarding the position. However, HR did not contact me, and I checked the job opportunities in the district to find the same position I applied for reopened. I think it was very unprofessional of the dept. to repost a position without letting one of your top 3 applicants know he/she would not be considered for the position.

Interview Questions

• What innovative program would you like to implement in your prospective school?   Answer Question

Science Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Killeen Independent School District.

Interview

First is the online interview where you record your answers and submit them. After that, it's a interview with the schools Principle, AP and department head. From their you will get a call with an offer.

English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Killeen, TX

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Killeen Independent School District (Killeen, TX).

Interview

The process was very straightforward. I completed an online application. Within a week I received a call to interview for two schools. After the first school, I accepted. Interview was with the principal.

Interview Questions

• Pretty straightforward. I applied online and received a call about a week later to meet with the principal. Received a job offer the next day.   Answer Question
    • Spent most of the time discussing behavior and time management.   Answer Question
    • What was my favorite thing about teaching?   Answer Question
    • Why did I decide to teach?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Killeen Independent School District (Killeen, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

There was a 12 panel interviewing team and each one asked one question each. The questions were situational and open ended.

Example:
    Was there ever a time where conflict among employes affected job morale? If so, what actions did you take to change the situation. Why should we select you for this position?

The interview lasted approximately 20 minutes and a offer was made within 3 days of interview. Very easy interview.

Interview Questions

• There were not difficult or unexpected interview questions. The questions were quite common among interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is a pay range for each position however if your salary request is more than someone whose already an employee in the same pay range the negotiations becomes difficult, but not impossible, especially if they need to fill the posistion.

Campus Instructional Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Killeen Independent School District (Killeen, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

Test on a computer to verify technology and educational skill set. Questions ranged from basic troubleshooting to in depth instructional scenarios. It was mostly multiple choice with a few short answers. After the test, I was called back for a round table interview with CTO and 8 - 10 principals. I was asked around 10 questions - instructional based questions from the principals, technology based questions from the CTO. The questions were fairly comprehensive and would have been difficult to answer without a strong technology and instructional foundation (I have previous experience as an IT person and an after school educator)

Interview Questions

• How would you use technology to improve instruction and education for students and teachers?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were no negotiations. I was made an offer by three schools, the pay is all the same as it is decided at the school board level, not the campus level. Had I known they had 9 positions they needed to fill, I might have attempted to negotiate the pay, but the politics run so deeply in this district that if I had been making more than the entry/base salary - technologists at other campuses would have probably pitched a fit.

Night Custodian Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Killeen Independent School District in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was simple and easy , you came at your schedule time and the wait was about 15 mins . The secretary had you fill out a paper then you were called into the office for interview. The interview lasted about 30 mins

Interview Questions

• What do I expect out of my co workers .   1 Answer