Kimball Midwest Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kimball Midwest (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I applied for the position of associate recruiter at Kimbell Midwest. I had experience in high volume staffing prior to applying. I was called in for an in person interview. When I arrived I was immediately taken to a room and was told that I would undergo testing. I had not been told this ahead of time, so obviously this rattled me. The testing was like taking an ACT. After the testing I had an interview with two of their recruiters, it was very antagonistic and cold. One of the interviewers never looked me in the eye. I received an email from them rejecting me within an hour of leaving the office. I may not have been qualified for what they were looking for, but nothing changed between my application and the interview. I expect a little more courtesy and professionalism.

Photographer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kimball Midwest (Columbus, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR, who was nice, but very dry and disinterested. Later was asked to come in for an in-person interview. Again, HR was nice but seemed like they were not really invested and just asked cookie-cutter questions. Also interviewed with the department head who was actually great.
    Leaving a negative review overall, though. They had me jump through so many hoops involving a personality/IQ test when I got there, and took a month just to get back to me with an answer. Pretty questionable turn-around time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult scenario in your previous position and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kimball Midwest.

Interview

I was called for a phone screening/interview and then was asked to come in for a full interview the next week. The interview lasted about 2 and a half hours and consisted of an HR interview, a personality assessment and finally an interview with the department. Both HR and the department people asked the exact same questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked many milestone questions with regards to my last job (how my success was measured, if I had specific goals I had to meet etc). They also asked about each of my past jobs what I liked and disliked about the position and what I liked and disliked about my supervisor.   Answer Question

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kimball Midwest (Houston, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

I met with the Regional Manager (Who was late) who then "sold" me with his silly presentation binder. Then he said Ill be sending you a link for some videos to watch and then call me and we will do a ride day. I watched the videos, took the tests and then he never emailed or called me back. I wasted four hours on the videos.

Photographer Interview

Interview

Met with the hiring manager who went through everything with me about the job, brought in past work and fully explained what the job would be. Was very upfront with everything and increadibly nice and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Would could you bring to this position that would improve it?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kimball Midwest in October 2015.

Interview

I sent in my resume through glassdoor and got a call back from Kimball Midwest the next day. I was called by HR to go over my resume and you can tell all the questions were being read from a script!

Interview Questions

• What were your previous territory sales and how much did you grow it   Answer Question

Sales Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Kimball Midwest in June 2015.

Interview

I had a recruiter call me. We set up an interview with the Regional Sales Manager. Then he asked me to spend a day with one of his guys to see what it was like. Then I interviewed with the Divisional Sales Manager, he asked me to ride with other one of their other reps and try to sell some of their product for them at a customer during a demo. Then they had me go to their head quarters in Columbus, OH. This whole process took about 6 months. If you have time to waste, interview here, good luck.

Interview Questions

• What do you currently make?   1 Answer

Manager In Training Interview

Interview

Worst interview I have ever been on in my life, 18 year old kid conducting interviews for professional positions makes the entire experience awkward.... They have you complete a "general knowledge" skills test on an old computer for 15 min. before they take you back for the interview. Building is undergoing maintenance so you have to walk through a dirt path to even enter through the front door. Basically everything was unprofessional and i would never accept an offer from Kimball Midwest and I advise others to beware.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kimball Midwest (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Very one sided. They wanted people with prior experience. They explained the training process emphasizing they wished you to bring them a book of business, giving them a customer list prior to even being offered the position. Questions about benefits were very vaguely answered, it was if they did not know what the benefits were.

Interview Questions

• Did I have a customer list?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kimball Midwest in February 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter within a day of applying. Second interview offered within a week.