Kimball Midwest Interview Questions | Glassdoor

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

1. Featured Interview

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kimball Midwest (Olympia, WA) in November 2014.

Interview

Getting to know you.....shadowing....making sure I knew my product and had an outgoing sales type personality. Ability to work alone and be successful. Second interview was with RVP and to discuss his offer. Each interview was about an hour and I found Kimball to be a friendly open atmosphere where I could thrive and make the salary I needed.

Interview Questions

• Why did you work at Fastenal for so little pay?   1 Answer

Associate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kimball Midwest (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I applied for the position of associate recruiter at Kimbell Midwest. I had experience in high volume staffing prior to applying. I was called in for an in person interview. When I arrived I was immediately taken to a room and was told that I would undergo testing. I had not been told this ahead of time, so obviously this rattled me. The testing was like taking an ACT. After the testing I had an interview with two of their recruiters, it was very antagonistic and cold. One of the interviewers never looked me in the eye. I received an email from them rejecting me within an hour of leaving the office. I may not have been qualified for what they were looking for, but nothing changed between my application and the interview. I expect a little more courtesy and professionalism.

Photographer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kimball Midwest (Columbus, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR, who was nice, but very dry and disinterested. Later was asked to come in for an in-person interview. Again, HR was nice but seemed like they were not really invested and just asked cookie-cutter questions. Also interviewed with the department head who was actually great.
    Leaving a negative review overall, though. They had me jump through so many hoops involving a personality/IQ test when I got there, and took a month just to get back to me with an answer. Pretty questionable turn-around time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult scenario in your previous position and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kimball Midwest.

Interview

I was called for a phone screening/interview and then was asked to come in for a full interview the next week. The interview lasted about 2 and a half hours and consisted of an HR interview, a personality assessment and finally an interview with the department. Both HR and the department people asked the exact same questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked many milestone questions with regards to my last job (how my success was measured, if I had specific goals I had to meet etc). They also asked about each of my past jobs what I liked and disliked about the position and what I liked and disliked about my supervisor.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kimball Midwest (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Confusing and misleading process that gets an applicant to accept the job without showing the paperwork to support statements made by interviewer. The interviewer is job is to mislead new applicants.

Interview Questions

• What was your role at your current company?   1 Answer

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kimball Midwest (Houston, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

I met with the Regional Manager (Who was late) who then "sold" me with his silly presentation binder. Then he said Ill be sending you a link for some videos to watch and then call me and we will do a ride day. I watched the videos, took the tests and then he never emailed or called me back. I wasted four hours on the videos.

Sales Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kimball Midwest (Columbus, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

Flown to corporate headquarters and had the opportunity to meet 2 of the owners. Interviewed with 2 human resources personnel. I was also given a tour of the facility and was introduced to all department heads. I had lunch with one of the owners and gave a power point presentation of my past performance with my previous employer.

Interview Questions

• How many years experience did I have in the Industry?   1 Answer

Photographer Interview

Interview

Met with the hiring manager who went through everything with me about the job, brought in past work and fully explained what the job would be. Was very upfront with everything and increadibly nice and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Would could you bring to this position that would improve it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kimball Midwest.

Interview

Hiring process is arduous! Many interviews. TOJ, kimball speak for "time on job". Lots of background checks.
    If they spent half as much money on paying reps and helping them earn a "living wage" as they do on hype and pre hire they may have a higher retention rate that would be to THEIR benefit.
    The churn of reps doesn't benefit them!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay plan they will present may seem reasonable to you when presented. NOTHING is guaranteed!
    Ask a lot of questions about your territory and prior reps! That was the biggest issue I came across! A revolving door of representatives in this area. No confidence from the customer base that you will actually be there to service them!

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kimball Midwest in October 2015.

Interview

I sent in my resume through glassdoor and got a call back from Kimball Midwest the next day. I was called by HR to go over my resume and you can tell all the questions were being read from a script!

Interview Questions

• What were your previous territory sales and how much did you grow it   Answer Question

Sales Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Kimball Midwest in June 2015.

Interview

I had a recruiter call me. We set up an interview with the Regional Sales Manager. Then he asked me to spend a day with one of his guys to see what it was like. Then I interviewed with the Divisional Sales Manager, he asked me to ride with other one of their other reps and try to sell some of their product for them at a customer during a demo. Then they had me go to their head quarters in Columbus, OH. This whole process took about 6 months. If you have time to waste, interview here, good luck.

Interview Questions

• What do you currently make?   1 Answer