Kimberly-Clark Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kimberly-Clark Financial Analyst Interview Questions

3.1

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kimberly-Clark in October 2016.

Interview

It was an on-campus interview. The recruiter was super nice. The interview was more like a conversation. The interviewer talked about his role in the company and Kimberly-Clark as a company. Then, he asked if I had any questions. He went on to ask what I thought were problems the CEO of Kimberly-Clark would have to worry about in this business. Finally, there were three questions in which you had to answer using the STAR Method. In other words, know how to answer using the STAR method. The interview finished discussing the position and next steps in greater detail.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you worked with a difficult group of people?
    A time when you had to use analysis skills.
    If you could go back and change a mistake, what would you have done differently?
    Why KC?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kimberly-Clark

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Neenah, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kimberly-Clark (Neenah, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview - Behavioral - pretty normal questions asked. "Describe a time when..."
    Onsite Visit - There was a networking dinner the night before. The following day there were 3 behavioral and 1 case interview. There were 3 hour long behavioral interviews and then 1 case. For the case, I had 40 minutes to prepare and read, then 20 minutes to present and ask questions. There was also a tour of the corporate office and a tour of a local manufacturing facility. Super informative - lots of time to ask questions that I had.

Interview Questions

• Explain NPV to a person that doesn't know about Finance.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Neenah, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kimberly-Clark (Neenah, WI).

Interview

It was 4 one-hour interviews at their Neenah offices. Pretty standard behavioral interview questions. They are looking for certain qualities that will fit their organization and culture. Nothing that stood out. Be sure to understand how to answer these questions utilizing the STAR method.

Interview Questions

• Explain NPV to someone who is not familiar with Finance.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Neenah, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kimberly-Clark (Neenah, WI) in October 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume through campus recruiting site followed by an on campus interview a week later and an invitation to interview in Neenah.

Overall, everyone was very friendly and excited to help me along throughout the interview process. All the employees seemed very passionate about the company and excited to be there, which left me with a great impression of the company. The first day we were taken on a tour followed by dinner with people in the current position and a brief expose of a few of the different opportunities Kimberly Clark had to offer. The next day, was a marathon of 3 hour long 1:1 interviews with a simple case study.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a complex problem you had to solve
      Tell me about why you want to work here
      What is something you've accomplished that you're proud of
      Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kimberly-Clark.

Interview

There were several opportunities to learn more about the company and the interview process before the interview took place.

They asked mainly behavioral questions centered around past experiences and how you handled certain situations. Overall the interview was very well done and the recruiter was very attentive and helpful throughout the interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you helped a friend solve a problem.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kimberly-Clark.

Interview

Contacted through school. Basic interview based on the STAR format. Strongly emphasized analysis and statistical skills. Looking for specific examples of teamwork, in depth data analysis, and the results. Be able to explain why you want to work at Kimberly Clark. Also experiences about leadership and working with a difficult team member. Very specific examples are always preferred over general concepts.

Interview Questions

• All questions were STAR format - How have you led a team? How did you solve a problem with statistical analysis? What were the results?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kimberly-Clark.

Interview

The first round interview was simply behavioral. The recruiter just wanted to get to know me better, asked about who I was, things on my resume. Second and final round interview will be at the company headquarters and will be technical.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to make a decision and what the outcome was.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kimberly-Clark in October 2014.

Interview

Spoke with them at my school's career fair and received an on-campus interview invitation a short while later. A few days before the interview was an information session with catered food, where the two people from KC were very friendly and informative. The initial interview was fairly laid back and entirely behavioral based. About a week after this, I was invited to Neenah, WI for an on-site interview. KC took care of all the travel and hotel arrangements. Almost immediately upon arriving in Wisconsin, I boarded a bus and took a tour of the surrounding area. Pretty spread out, but not terrible. After finishing this tour, we arrived at the Neenah Conference Center for dinner and more information about the company and what it offered. After this we were taken to the hotel for the night. The next day we woke up early and had breakfast at the hotel, then went to a nearby manufacturing facility to take a tour and see how the products were made and the mill ran. Finally, we were taken to KC's main building for interviews. There were 3 hour long behavioral interviews and one case study, which was actually pretty fun. The behavioral interviews were pretty arduous, since they were basically back to back to back and it was sometimes difficult to come up with new answers to similar questions. I told them my preference was Roswell, Georgia instead of Neenah and they worked very hard to accommodate this when I got my offer. I accepted the offer for Roswell. The people the whole way through this interview process seemed to genuinely care about what you were saying and what your future plans were, which is why I accepted the offer to work here.

Interview Questions

• Examining a case study to determine whether or not a project should continue to be pursued, changed, or cancelled based on reading emails from made up employees.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, but that was fine with me because of the good starting salary and upward potential after a couple years.

Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kimberly-Clark (Roswell, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

They like to move quickly and test how you perform under some pressure. The first round interview is fairly simple, behavioral questions, but the second rounds have you interview all morning with a small case study.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain PDV to your finance professor and to someone who knows nothing about finance?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Neenah, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kimberly-Clark (Neenah, WI) in March 2014.

Interview

30 minute screening interview on campus and then an invite to corporate office

Interview Questions

• Please explain ROI to someone without a finance background and then as if they were a finance professor.   Answer Question