Kimley-Horn Civil Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kimley-Horn Civil Engineering Interview Questions

2.8

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn in December 2016.

Interview

30 min phone interview originally. About two weeks after, traveled to the office for an in person interview. Two people interviewed me at a time for about 30 minutes a piece. 4 rounds so 8 people total in about a span of 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• What skills/experience made me the best candidate for the job?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kimley-Horn

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online using a job board, after being recommended by a friend. About two weeks later I received a call asking if I were still interested in the position. Then I had a phone interview, which lasted about 30 minutes. Later that day I heard that the office was interested in meeting with me. From there I was invited into the office (scheduled for about a week later), where there were three one-on-one interviews, lasting between 30 and 40 minutes each. I interviewed first with a senior PM, then a younger task-manager engineer, then another senior PM. After my interviews were complete, I was treated to lunch to see how I would fit in in the office. What was different about this interview process and really stood out to me is how personable the interviewers were, they really wanted to get to know me and were asking me questions which pertained to my skills and past jobs. They were behavioral questions, but ones that fit who I am. Not questions that threw me through a loop. Overall a really great experience. Wonderful company, I can really see what Kimley-Horn stands for and how proud each person who works there is.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to persuade a colleague or supervisor to see things your way?   Answer Question
    • Why and when did you become interested in Civil Engineering?   Answer Question

Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn.

Interview

Interviewed on campus through a career fair. The interview was pretty standard but the interviewer went very in-depth to some items on my resume that I wasn't expecting. It was mostly leadership questions and the like. The interviewer seemed genuinely interested in learning about me and not just doing a job. Definitely a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you took a leap or did something that you don't normally do.   Answer Question

Civil Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn.

Interview

Met with a representative at a career fair and got a phone interview the next week. The interview was with someone in HR and was extremely broad and short. I did not feel like the questions were enough to really express who I am and my experience. They then said they would get back to me within a week whether or not I would proceed with the interviewing process; it was a month before I got my rejection email.

Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn.

Interview

I initially talked to them at a University Career Fair, and I was offered an interview the next day. A second or a final round interview would have been at their office within a few months. A lot of common interview questions were asked

Interview Questions

• Tell us a situation where you had to convince someone of a different opinion.   Answer Question

Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a college career fair. Then I had a 15 minute on-campus interview. They didn't ask very many questions. Then, about 4 weeks later, I was asked to interview with one of the locations I requested.

Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn in September 2013.

Interview

Very straight forward from a career fair. Three minute face to face, invited to an info session and dinner where they then determined a follow up interview the next day. The formal interview was very relaxed and the recruiter was incredibly polite. Was told my recommendation was being forwarded on for an in office interview later this month.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a technical issue that you had a major breakthrough with and how you accomplished it.   Answer Question

Civil Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn in October 2011.

Interview

This was an on campus interview the day after a career fair. They asked me to tell them about myself and then they started at the top of my resume and asked me about each thing I had listed. Then I got a chance to ask them questions.

Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kimley-Horn in January 2011.

Interview

Good Interview, however very strict and serious. When in between an answser, they adamently kept asking for one or the other.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were in a leadership role?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation when you were in an adverse situation?   Answer Question