Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Front Desk Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Front Desk Agent Interview Questions

Updated May 1, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Applied online, got called in for an interview, met with about three different people, got a call back that I got it. All in all the whole process took a few weeks, including the background check.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call from someone who works the front desk to set up the interview. Interview itself was really quick, took less than 30 mins. Was told they would contact me either way in a few days and never heard back. I called the manager and left a voicemail. Several days after that I did receive a call from someone who works at the front desk a little over a week from when I originally was informed I would hear back.

Interview Questions

• Describe when you gave great customer service and when you received great customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Miami, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

The front desk supervisor calls you in for a 1 on 1 interview and asks basic questions about past employment and your capacity to handle job functions. The interview is fairly straightforward; make sure you have knowledge of the company and what differentiates them from other hoteliers. They're looking for youthful, energetic individuals that can offer exceptional customer service and operate autonomously.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a guest.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied for the job through the website. I got a call about three days later to schedule an interview. I had my interview on a Saturday with the front desk manager and the hotel general manager for 45 minutes. They offered me a second interview for that Monday where I met with the HR Director for 15 minutes and the Regional Manager for a half hour. They ran my background check and called my references that Tuesday. By Friday I had been offered the job.

Interview Questions

• How am I creative in my professional and personal life?   Answer Question
    • How have you gone above and beyond for a guest/customer in your past jobs?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. It's an hourly position with a set rate.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2013.

Interview

First there was a phone interview to screen me. Asked a few basic questions and personal questions. Very easy going. After the phone interview I went in and interviewed with the Front Office Manager, then the Assistant GM, and then finally the GM. Just be yourself and ask questions back to them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the worst customer experience you've had a past job and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non negotiable. $13/hour

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Chicago, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

Was referred by a friend and was offered an interview shortly after my resume was looked at. I feel like for an entry level position, if you know someone in the company they will at least interview you. Interview was pretty much based upon personality. They are able to teach you everything as a front desk agent.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you did recently to show great service   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Portland, OR) in September 2011.

Interview

I applied to Kimpton Hotels multiple times before relocating to Portland, OR but received little feedback until I was referred by a current employee. As I recall, I interviewed with the person who would become my boss first... expect the general questions ("What do you know about our company?"; "Why do you want to work here?") and scenarios ("Detail a time you had a difficult experience with a guest," etc., etc.). It went well and the interviewer was friendly and easy to get along with. I also had to meet with additional executive members and I do not specifically recall anyone aside from the General Manager. By that point, I assumed I already had the job.

There is a background check, but no drug screening for this specific hotel and/or position.

Interview Questions

• "Detail a time you encountered an irate guest and explain how you handled the situation"
      (Really, not any difficult or unexpected questions happened in this interview)
      Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants in November 2010.

Interview

Two interviews, informal, conversational.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants in May 2007.

Interview

very simple, friendly process. it was my first customer service job, but i got the job.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you handled an angry customer?( from restaurant experience)   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation, already knew the hourly rate.