Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Guest Service Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Guest Service Agent Interview Questions

Updated Oct 5, 2016

2.5

Guest Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants.

Interview

I applied online and heard back in about a week. Went to the first interview which was brief but concise. Went into the second interview with the front desk manager. Met with the front desk manager, the second front office supervisor, and the general manager. Gave them my references and completed the background check. Waiting to hear back on the official offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Denver, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

Quick and casual. I submitted my resume online and got a call back within two weeks. The interview was very casual, more like a conversation. You could tell it was a fun place to work. I was hired on the spot and started within the week once my background check came back.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be good for this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

Received a call directly after my application was put in from the Front Office Manager. He asked if I was still interested and if I would be available to meet for an interview. The interview was at the property. I interviewed with the Front Office Manager and the General Manager separately but on the same day. There were a lot of personal and personality questions. The management is very aware of what they're looking for in regards to additions to the team. He asked a couple of scenario questions and inquired how comfortable I was with dealing with confrontation directly. He provided a history of the property, their goals as a hotel, and ran through a typical day. He gave a description of the typical clientele that they receive and a rundown of seasonal occupancy statistics.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 3 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Miami, FL).

Interview

Everything was done very professionally, I was impressed. I was made to interview with every single manager and manager in training that they currently had. They all took time to get to know me, and get a feel for the kind of person I was and would I would bring to them. I also got a tour of the hotel during the process.

Interview Questions

• I was asked why I decided to apply with them as oppose to other high-end hotels around the surrounding area... I wasn't expecting the question, but I knew what I liked about Kimpton from doing research to answer.   Answer Question

Guest Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants.

Interview

The interview didn't take long... I was there on time but had to wait for almost 40 minutes until they started the interview. The manager was busy. Later on I learned that it wasn't only myself but it happened to other coworkers too.

Interview Questions

• Told me directly that they can't offer me the job I applied for but they do have another position that would be a perfect fit for me.   Answer Question

I didn't get I was looking for.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Washington, DC) in October 2013.

Interview

Went in twice. Talked to general manager and front desk manager on the first interview. Met with another manager on the second interview. Asked if I had previous experience and it was preferred that I not have experience as they could teach me the system, but they could not teach personality. Company was looking first and foremost for someone who fit the image of the company and would get along with the managers.

Interview Questions

• What I planned to do in the future. Why I was interested in the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied online and got called in for an interview. Interview was very casual and more so conversial just to find out who I was. During the interview I was pretty much told I would get the job but they just had to run a background check first. I heard back within a week,

Interview Questions

• Where I see myself in 10 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Washington, DC) in May 2011.

Interview

I submitted my resume to the front desk staff and was called that day for an interview. I spoke with two front desk managers, and then the general manager, and was told on my way out of the building that I'd be hired for the job.

Interview Questions

• If you could have dinner with any 3 people, who would they be and why?   Answer Question