Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Guest Service Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Guest Service Agent

Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Guest Service Agent Interview Questions

Interviews at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants

2.3

Guest Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants.

Interview

The interview didn't take long... I was there on time but had to wait for almost 40 minutes until they started the interview. The manager was busy. Later on I learned that it wasn't only myself but it happened to other coworkers too.

Interview Questions

• Told me directly that they can't offer me the job I applied for but they do have another position that would be a perfect fit for me.   Answer Question

I didn't get I was looking for.

Other Interview Reviews for Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Miami, FL).

Interview

Everything was done very professionally, I was impressed. I was made to interview with every single manager and manager in training that they currently had. They all took time to get to know me, and get a feel for the kind of person I was and would I would bring to them. I also got a tour of the hotel during the process.

Interview Questions

• I was asked why I decided to apply with them as oppose to other high-end hotels around the surrounding area... I wasn't expecting the question, but I knew what I liked about Kimpton from doing research to answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied online and got called in for an interview. Interview was very casual and more so conversial just to find out who I was. During the interview I was pretty much told I would get the job but they just had to run a background check first. I heard back within a week,

Interview Questions

• Where I see myself in 10 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

Received a call directly after my application was put in from the Front Office Manager. He asked if I was still interested and if I would be available to meet for an interview. The interview was at the property. I interviewed with the Front Office Manager and the General Manager separately but on the same day. There were a lot of personal and personality questions. The management is very aware of what they're looking for in regards to additions to the team. He asked a couple of scenario questions and inquired how comfortable I was with dealing with confrontation directly. He provided a history of the property, their goals as a hotel, and ran through a typical day. He gave a description of the typical clientele that they receive and a rundown of seasonal occupancy statistics.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 3 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Denver, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

Quick and casual. I submitted my resume online and got a call back within two weeks. The interview was very casual, more like a conversation. You could tell it was a fun place to work. I was hired on the spot and started within the week once my background check came back.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be good for this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Washington, DC) in October 2013.

Interview

Went in twice. Talked to general manager and front desk manager on the first interview. Met with another manager on the second interview. Asked if I had previous experience and it was preferred that I not have experience as they could teach me the system, but they could not teach personality. Company was looking first and foremost for someone who fit the image of the company and would get along with the managers.

Interview Questions

• What I planned to do in the future. Why I was interested in the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Washington, DC) in May 2011.

Interview

I submitted my resume to the front desk staff and was called that day for an interview. I spoke with two front desk managers, and then the general manager, and was told on my way out of the building that I'd be hired for the job.

Interview Questions

• If you could have dinner with any 3 people, who would they be and why?   Answer Question

Guest Service Agent Interview

Interview

The interview was not hard, It was quite simple. I did it with with the department manager. It took about 30 minutes for the interview. I did not get my result back. It would have been good if they let me know if I got the position or not but there was no notification about afterword process.

Interview Questions

• They asked me basic questions such as "Why did you applied to our hotel, What do you know about our hotel, Tell me about your previous experience"   Answer Question

Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Response

Feb 19, 2019 – Your Friends at Kimpton

We absolutely should've followed up and we're sorry that no one got back to you. It's so important to us that candidates have positive full-circle interview experiences! Thank you for your feedback... More

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Washington, DC) in October 2017.

Interview

Interviewing with Kimpton is different from any other. I had multiple interviews with Kimpton in the DC area. The most current property I interviewed for was conducted by the assistant general manager and front office manager. They were very professional and they not only get to try to know their applicants work ethic, but they want to really understand their personalities. It is very important to their company that people display a sense of individuality and be able to express themselves.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to go above and beyond for someone, can be work related or not.   Answer Question

Guest Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants.

Interview

I applied online and heard back in about a week. Went to the first interview which was brief but concise. Went into the second interview with the front desk manager. Met with the front desk manager, the second front office supervisor, and the general manager. Gave them my references and completed the background check. Waiting to hear back on the official offer.