Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Staff Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Staff Accountant Interview Questions

Interviews at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2014.

Interview

One screening phone call and a face-to-face with two hiring managers. It was an extremely easy interview, the two mangers were pleasant and really interested in hearing about my interest in the company. I received a phone call two days later asking for information for a background check and than an offer was extended. Everyone was up front about the salary during the interview. Overall one of the easier and painless experiences in finding a job.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the long term at Kimpton?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2016.

Interview

Quick to schedule and move the process along. They were friendly; however, one of the interviewers was a bit more pecimistic about the fit implying I was overqualified and wouldn't stick around. This made me second guess wether it was an appropriate fit and I passed on the final interview.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants.

Interview

I applied online and a week later I got an email from the Director of Finance to schedule an in person interview the next week. Comes the interview and it was very different than what I expected. It was very casual and not intimidating which was very nice because interviews make me very anxious. Talked to the Director of Finance and told them about myself, why I wanted a job in accounting. The thing that really threw me off was there were no technical questions or any typical behavioral questions, just a explanation of the company and the accounting department. The whole interview was more like a regular conversation. A week later I got a call with an offer and gave information for a background check. I wasn't able to start until a few weeks and they were okay with that which was also nice. The company cares a lot about personality and being yourself. The pay is not as high as I hoped, but it is a good job to get experience right after college.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want a job in accounting that is a little different than your major?   1 Answer
    • When can you start?   Answer Question
    • Would you be okay with answering phone calls?   Answer Question

Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Response

Apr 25, 2018 – Your Friends at Kimpton

Thank you for sharing your interview experience. Welcome to the Kimpton family – we’re so excited to have you on board!

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Tampa, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

Very friendly people, easygoing interview process. Simple questions about personality and experience. Interviews were exclusively over the phone due to the property being in transition, but interview was still warm and personal.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume online. About two weeks later I got a request to set up an interview with the Assistant Director of Finance. Two days after that interview, I had an interview with the Director of Finance. They let me know I got the job about two days after that.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to sacrifice other commitments to reach work-related deadlines?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Washington, DC) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an email about two days later to schedule an phone interview. And it was about minutes.I was asked to give a self introduction, then asked about what do I know about their company. And the lady then talked about this position.

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

The hiring process moved pretty fast. HR reached out to me through email after I applied for the role. I had phone screen with director of finance, then they brought me on site for the second interview. It is important to do research about the company.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants.

Interview

interview process was straight and simple. mostly based on behavioral questions to see how well you work with others. Simple debit/credit questions. Interviewed with controller and GM of the property.