Kinder Kids International School Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Kinder Kids International School

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kinder Kids International School

Found 15 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in Japan
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kinder Kids International School (Japan)

Interview

I had 2 interviews, one to know about you and your experiences and the other a situational interview to take you through the school's values, teaching process and to se how you would react when presented with certain situations. It was quite pleasant

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if a parent came to you and said that their child does not want the school's healthy lunch options ?
    1 Answer
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Japan
Application

I interviewed at Kinder Kids International School (Japan)

Interview

The interviewer was professional, very thoughtful and kind, she asked questions not only pertaining to the job, but also questions about personal hobbies and goals. She asked a lot of questions about how you would deal with the different scenarios that happen in the school. At the end of the first interview the job seeker can also ask questions in regards to the school.

Interview Questions
  • How would you describe yourself? Why should a company hire you? What were your friends say about you? What will your boss say about you? What’s the most recent spontaneous thing that you have done?
Anonymous Employee in Sakai, Osaka
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kinder Kids International School (Sakai, Osaka) in Feb 2019

Interview

My first interview was online, lasted 1 hour, interviewer was very nice. Couldn’t make the first date and they were very nice about it and rescheduled a second date for me.

Interview Questions
  • Why did you apply to kinder kids?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sakai, Osaka
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kinder Kids International School (Sakai, Osaka) in Sep 2018

Interview

It took me 3 days before I got the response, There were a lot of questions in different aspects. That includes basic questions like tell me something about yourself and job experience.

Interview Questions
Kinder Kids International School
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kinder Kids International School (United States)

Interview

It was a while ago - I remember learning about their curriculum and philosophies. After the interview though, they did invite me in to see a class being taught for about half a day.

Interview Questions
  • Honestly, I remember more learning about their curriculum than questions asked. Interview was casual.
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

Interview

The hiring and interview weren't as stressful as the job itself. The interview was casual and just asked me questions about my life, how I teach, what experience I have teaching, what would you do in this scenario, as well as other things of that nature. I answered truthfully. When I accepted the offer they said that they use glassdoor specifically to find and hire applicants. Then I found out that in order to get an recommendation after you complete your contract, they say you should leave a good review on glassdoor. I found this out because of conditions at many of their campuses, teacher turnover is high. And there are weekends that you work with no pay. So the jobs it seems ok but read the fine print. You will work long hours 9am-6pm. There are no janitors so you will be the janitor for your classroom. Lunch isn't really an hour because you have to make sure your kids are down for nap before you can take your break.

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kinder Kids International School (Tokyo) in Mar 2016

Interview

Before the interview I was required to visit the school, learn and understand the procedures of a normal school day. I visited the Shinigawa school where I was interviewed by the Tokyo headmaster. He was very friendly and the interview although formal was naturally enough to keep conversation flowing. The whole process was professional but as it is in a school there is definitely a sense that you have to have the ability to be relaxed. I think the most important quality was having experience with children and showing you are can alter your teaching styles dependent on situation.

Interview Questions
  • What are your hobbies? What experience is relevant to this role?
Anonymous Employee in Nagoya, Aichi
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kinder Kids International School (Nagoya, Aichi)

Interview

The interview was split into two phases and conducted over Skype since I was not in the country at the time of application. To sum it up shortly, they ask a lot of questions about your personality, background, and motivations in the first interview. That one is all about selling yourself honestly and if you fit in with what the school is looking for. A long interview, lasted a little over an hour but felt quick because the interviewer was wonderful. The second phase was a series of what-if situations, mostly focusing on teacher-parent interactions which I thought was very interesting. This was the harder of the two and I got a bit nervous, but I think I did well despite not having much experience specifically talking to parents about their kids! This one also lasted about an hour. All in all, it was definitely not an easy process if you aren't comfortable talking about yourself for a long period, and the what-if scenarios were sometimes a bit challenging to answer. But, the interviewer was really amazing and engaging, making it most definitely one of the best interviews I've ever had in my life. The process took around a month or so from the time of application to the job offer.

Interview Questions
  • Questions about you and your personal history. Why you want to go to Japan and teach children, etc.
Anonymous Employee in Sakai, Osaka
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kinder Kids International School (Sakai, Osaka) in Jan 2016

Interview

The interview process is fairly common. I went in for an interview at the head office in Tenma. We discussed the job requirement, transportation expenses reimbursement and wages. The minimum hourly wage was equal to the maximum they were willing to pay me. If I recall correctly, the interviewer also stated that the same wage was the most I would EVER make in their employ. Because of my experience and qualifications, he offered and encouraged me to consider a full-time position. Since it would involve even lower hourly wages and a great increase in hours and responsibilities, I declined.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me if I was interested in a full-time position. It seemed to me that they have an ongoing problem retaining experienced and qualified teachers so I declined.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Osaka, VA
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kinder Kids International School (Osaka, VA) in Nov 2015

Interview

Asked me typical as well as personal interview questions. I honestly felt good about the interview but actually didn't make it and the interview lasted for about 45 minutes too. So I guess it's not just personality they're looking for. Even with some experience, it still wasn't enough.

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 15