Kinder Morgan Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kinder Morgan Engineering Interview Questions

3.5

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan.

Interview

I spoke to them at my school's career fair and applied on our campus' careers website. I got notified of getting an interview with them about a week prior to the interview. They had an information session the night before the interviews were held. The interview was held on campus and I was mainly asked behavioral questions and I think a single technical question. They finish the interview with do you have any questions for us and that was that. I don't think they had a second round of interviews, but they notified me about not getting an offer about a month or two later.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kinder Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Houston, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed by two engineers, a drilling engineer and the head recruiter. They were reasonably nice. Most of the interview questions were personal aptitude questions, and situation resolution questions. Almost nobody went to their information session; I would recommend doing so, it gives you one on one time with them.

Smile throughout the interview, do not be frantic. I did not think the interview went badly, but the drilling engineer began suppressing laughter at one of my responses. I knew that was where it all ended, I still don't know what I said. Ultimately, they picked another one of my classmates. Maybe it was for the best, although it was a very nice sounding company.

I think they took too long to get back to the candidates, even if they were not picked for internships. It took two months before I got word, it would have been nicer if the let-down had been more immediate.

Interview Questions

• Has there ever been a time when you have had to work with someone unpleasant? How did you manage it?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to work in a small area?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Houston, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

I received a request to schedule an interview and I chose a time. That was my only contact with the company other than the interview. I was interviewed by two different people. One was an engineer, the other was an HR person. It was a standard behavioral interview. It appeared that they were really trying to determine how much I was interested in working in the field and if I would enjoy living in a small town. Many questions revolved around where I had lived and what those communities were like.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan in October 2011.

Interview

I worked around Kinder Morgan lines many times before and I always heard good things about the company. With this depression going on and work mainly being construction work slowly drying up I started looking into more stable fields. I came across some Kinder-Morgan Inspectors and asked them what was the process in getting hired, they told me to get to know everyone from the company and to apply online. A recommendation from an employee goes a long way.

About 4 months later I saw a position and went ahead and applied for it and got the initial phone interview, the questions mostly consisted of my work ethic, my background, how I handle situations, and how I handle people.

The second phase was a 1 on 1 interview: it was mostly a question and answer type, the questions were. How well am I going to follow company policy?
    Am I going to try to change the rules of pipeline?
    How well do I handle hostile situations?
    Describe a situation where you had to be the middle man between 2 conflicting people?
    What is my work ethic? Describe some situations where my work ethic conflicted with the project?

The third interview was in front of a panel of 3 people 2 being directors.
    the questions were the same but this time I had three people picking me apart. The key to getting out of a trap they would set is in my opinion is sticking to your guns and giving the most ethical and politically correct answer possible. They are highly into being politically correct, and honesty. This does'nt mean give a whatever answer but think about the answer and answer it in a political sense, i.e. something they might wanna hear as directors and managers.

Lastly their going to ask if you have any questions, pick a question that is going to flatter them and get them excited about answering the question. Don't ask about what benefits the company is offering or how many days off you get. Ask about how their surviving in this economy, their business goals, their profitability margin/goals, etc...

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about company policies?   1 Answer
    • Describe to me your goals?   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation where you were the middle man?   1 Answer
    • Describe to me a situation where you had to take the lead?   1 Answer

Negotiation

don't bother negotiating they pay pretty good and the benefits of being a full time employee are far better than anyone else. Trust me this place you will grow!