Kinder Morgan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position on the Kinder Morgan website. Within 3 days someone contacted me to schedule an interview at their location in Houston, TX. I interviewed with the Control Room Supervisor and an individual from Human Relations. The interview itself took about an hour and was fairly laid back. They informed me before hand what type of questions they would be asking and that there wouldn't be anything too difficult or out of the ordinary.

Once the interview was over they had told me I would hear back within a week of whether or not I was selected for the position. If selected, they would call me back to come take the COBRA test and assuming I passed that I would be offered the position. I ended up getting a call 3 weeks after my interview that they opted for another candidate due to the fact that I was unable to start the position for another month and they were looking to fill the position immediately. Despite not being selected, it was a good experience overall.

Interview Questions

• 1.) Think back to a time when you were in a stressful situation and how did you handle it?
      2.) Tell us about a time when you had multiple different jobs/tasks at one time as well us how you handled that situation and how you prioritized what needed to be accomplished first.
      3.) How would you deal with a difficult coworker?   Answer Question

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

There were three of them. The hiring manager, the "quiet one", and a field contact. They strayed from the job description which was annoying. Just seemed like they were trying to trip me up.

Interview Questions

• What experience did I have in dealing customers?   1 Answer

Environmental Permitting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Orange, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Asked work-scenario questions from on a questionnaire. They took notes on your responses and then after you finished the interview would use a scorecard to rate your answers 1-10.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you have had an unexpected delay for a project and what did you do to deal with it.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan.

Interview

I spoke to them at my school's career fair and applied on our campus' careers website. I got notified of getting an interview with them about a week prior to the interview. They had an information session the night before the interviews were held. The interview was held on campus and I was mainly asked behavioral questions and I think a single technical question. They finish the interview with do you have any questions for us and that was that. I don't think they had a second round of interviews, but they notified me about not getting an offer about a month or two later.

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Carrollton, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied on Kinder Morgan website. It took about 3 weeks and I got a call from the operations manager to set up an interview. I interviewed with the operations manager and the area supervisor. Asked some normal questions. Seemed to almost mock some of my experience as if it wasn't significant. Got a call the next day saying that they had extended an offer to someone else, was told during the interview that they were interviewing more candidates throughout the week.

Software Engineer - Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan in March 2016.

Interview

I got a call from recruiter on SUNDAY morning at 8:30 , that an interviewer wants to proceed for technical phone interview on SUNDAY at 12:00.I sent the confirmation. I was waiting for the call at 12:00. Instead I got a call at 12:25 p.m.The interviewer told me he has 10 minutes to talk to me. We talked for 7-8 minutes. It was very unpleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Difference between calling stored procedure and Inline SQL query.   Answer Question
    • Describe the steps to create a SQL connection through VB code.   Answer Question

A/P Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Houston, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied through Indeed and got a call back within 2-3 days. The interviewer seemed nice and professional, he asked about my previous experience and skills told me a lot about the position they were hiring for. Then he mentioned that in his opinion i would get bored at this position and i think that is why i didn't get an offer.

EHS Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Like a firing line! 5 people. and one them them was a so called "observer". No telling why that guy had to be in it? They seemed desperate to find a replacement for the one they over-worked the third time.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. But they went off of a script. Either they do not know how to talk to people or they don't know how to hire. Either one is bad. Might have good people within the company.   1 Answer

Electrician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hammond, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Hammond, IN) in July 2015.

Interview

three managers fired questions at me over the course of 45 min along with casual conversation. the questions were from some sort of automated questing process form that the company uses nation wide.

Interview Questions

• specific skills , safety , productivity, previous job accomplishments good and bad, co worker interactions,   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I was originally contacted via email. The lead HR rep reached out to me regarding a brief phone screen. The HR rep was very nice and friendly, the conversation was supposed to be maybe 15 minutes, however it turned into about 40 minutes. She asked me standard questions, asked me about my background, gave me the salary range and offered insight into the position. I was then contacted a week later about coming into the office for an in person interview. I was not aware that their interviews were panel interviews. I spoke with three different people, from three different departments (HR, recruiting and IT). The questions were not very hard, however it was hard to please everyone in the room with my answers. The IT rep didn't smile, or speak much, and only asked one question. I did ask when they were looking to make a decision, and they advised immediately, however that was three weeks ago. They did advise that they are extremely behind of the technology curve and that their systems are outdated. They are looking into upgrading their systems in the next 3 years but for now, they have a lot of manual processes.

Interview Questions

• How do you adapt to a company that is behind on technology?   Answer Question
    • Push or pull....lead or follow......   Answer Question
    • How do you determine what tasks you complete first when everyone believes their task should be at the top of your priority list?   Answer Question