Kinder Morgan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 11, 2017

2.7

Chemical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview was on site, and based off behavioral questions. Group interview with the Engineering Hiring Manager and the HR representative. Total of 10 questions and each asked one questions each. Question were prepared by the HR representative. They were both very friendly and made the interview very comfortable for me. Gave me a brief pep talk before starting the interview.

Facilities Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan.

Interview

Interviewed by multiple engineers and hiring manager. Questions were standard questions like how did you hear about the job? Tell us about your background? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about Kinder Morgan?   1 Answer

EHS Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Like a firing line! 5 people. and one them them was a so called "observer". No telling why that guy had to be in it? They seemed desperate to find a replacement for the one they over-worked the third time.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. But they went off of a script. Either they do not know how to talk to people or they don't know how to hire. Either one is bad. Might have good people within the company.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Detroit, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

excellent interview as the project manager were comfortable to speak with during the interviews and really wanted to know how previous experience can support this role as a project manager at kinder morgan

Controller/Scheduler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan.

Interview

First needed to complete and pass a COBRA test which is pretty standard across the board with this job in this industry. Upon completion of the COBRA test you find out your score. If you pass you get an interview, if you fail you do not get an interview. The cobra test isn't the same as what you do from day to day but it's still good to trim the fat with applicants. The interview questions were pretty standard and basic. One of the managers interviewing didn't seem to be paying attention at all and wasn't very inviting.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a stressful situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Electrician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hammond, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Hammond, IN) in July 2015.

Interview

three managers fired questions at me over the course of 45 min along with casual conversation. the questions were from some sort of automated questing process form that the company uses nation wide.

Interview Questions

• specific skills , safety , productivity, previous job accomplishments good and bad, co worker interactions,   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan.

Interview

The interview process was quick and informational. The interview was the easiest part of the process as a whole. You go to the location and have a 1:1 interview and if it is deemed that you are fit for the position, you get shown around the shop and then are free to leave.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I was originally contacted via email. The lead HR rep reached out to me regarding a brief phone screen. The HR rep was very nice and friendly, the conversation was supposed to be maybe 15 minutes, however it turned into about 40 minutes. She asked me standard questions, asked me about my background, gave me the salary range and offered insight into the position. I was then contacted a week later about coming into the office for an in person interview. I was not aware that their interviews were panel interviews. I spoke with three different people, from three different departments (HR, recruiting and IT). The questions were not very hard, however it was hard to please everyone in the room with my answers. The IT rep didn't smile, or speak much, and only asked one question. I did ask when they were looking to make a decision, and they advised immediately, however that was three weeks ago. They did advise that they are extremely behind of the technology curve and that their systems are outdated. They are looking into upgrading their systems in the next 3 years but for now, they have a lot of manual processes.

Interview Questions

• How do you adapt to a company that is behind on technology?   Answer Question
    • Push or pull....lead or follow......   Answer Question
    • How do you determine what tasks you complete first when everyone believes their task should be at the top of your priority list?   Answer Question

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Great interview. Very nice people. Was interviewed my two people, both seemed interested. Did not get the position but was a good experience. Have minimal experience in the industry and was hoping to get inn and learn as much as possible, was very excited at the opportunity. Unfortunately I was not chosen. Interview was very insightful. The gentlemen were very descriptive regarding the job details. Lots of training provided and seemed like a lot of support. I will definitely continue to apply in the future.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Midland, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Called on the phone, spoke for about 15 minutes. Questions were easy and generic. Not helpful in determining the type of employee I could have been. Face-to-face interview could have been more helpful.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were in a stressful position and overcame it.   Answer Question