Kinder Morgan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 6, 2017

2.8

Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Alpharetta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

I submitted an application online. I was contacted a week later for an interview. I attended the interview at the Plantations Control Center in Alpharetta, GA. A panel of 3 individuals attended the interview. My potential supervisor asked the questions. They were very formal and stuck to the questions on their evaluation form.

Interview Questions

• Have I have ever foresaw an issue and/or obstacle and implemented a process to resolve the issue before it got out of hand?   1 Answer

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Carrollton, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied on Kinder Morgan website. It took about 3 weeks and I got a call from the operations manager to set up an interview. I interviewed with the operations manager and the area supervisor. Asked some normal questions. Seemed to almost mock some of my experience as if it wasn't significant. Got a call the next day saying that they had extended an offer to someone else, was told during the interview that they were interviewing more candidates throughout the week.

GIS Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview was pretty laid back, I was recruited through a staffing agency so this was more of a meet and greet/ competency check. I interviewed with two people at the same time with both interviewers asking questions back to back. All in all the whole process lasted only about an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• Describe an example of a time where you came up with a creative solution to address a problem in a work place.   1 Answer

Software Engineer - Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan in March 2016.

Interview

I got a call from recruiter on SUNDAY morning at 8:30 , that an interviewer wants to proceed for technical phone interview on SUNDAY at 12:00.I sent the confirmation. I was waiting for the call at 12:00. Instead I got a call at 12:25 p.m.The interviewer told me he has 10 minutes to talk to me. We talked for 7-8 minutes. It was very unpleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Difference between calling stored procedure and Inline SQL query.   Answer Question
    • Describe the steps to create a SQL connection through VB code.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Nice people nice office knowledgeable effective interview process. Good questions easy to talk to would recommend someone else working there. Good benefits and pay. Rewards employees and treats them fairly.

A/P Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Houston, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied through Indeed and got a call back within 2-3 days. The interviewer seemed nice and professional, he asked about my previous experience and skills told me a lot about the position they were hiring for. Then he mentioned that in his opinion i would get bored at this position and i think that is why i didn't get an offer.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online, heard from a VPs assistant a week later about scheduling an interview. Interviewers were easy to relate/talk to. Asked a lot about PM experience, and a lot about personal project management preferences. First round was an hour phone call with managers, second round was about an hour's phone call with those managers and their director.

Chemical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview was on site, and based off behavioral questions. Group interview with the Engineering Hiring Manager and the HR representative. Total of 10 questions and each asked one questions each. Question were prepared by the HR representative. They were both very friendly and made the interview very comfortable for me. Gave me a brief pep talk before starting the interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan.

Interview

Interviewed by multiple engineers and hiring manager. Questions were standard questions like how did you hear about the job? Tell us about your background? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about Kinder Morgan?   1 Answer

EHS Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kinder Morgan (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Like a firing line! 5 people. and one them them was a so called "observer". No telling why that guy had to be in it? They seemed desperate to find a replacement for the one they over-worked the third time.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. But they went off of a script. Either they do not know how to talk to people or they don't know how to hire. Either one is bad. Might have good people within the company.   1 Answer