Kindercare Assistant Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kindercare Assistant Director Interview Questions

Updated Oct 26, 2016

2.6

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kindercare in October 2016.

Interview

Applied for the job and received a call for an interview 3 days later. Interview was at 10:30 - I get there and the CD is nowhere to be found. Had one of the teachers give me a "tour" by having me spend 30 mins in EACH classroom (to buy the CD some time for being late). Interview didn't actually start until 11:30. CD seemed unorganized and inattentive, however asked me to come back the next day for a second interview to meet with the district manager. Interview was for 2:00, but they called and asked for me to come in at 3:30... upon arriving at that time, my interview still did not begin until 5:00. Such a waste of time. Very unprofessional place and would not have accepted the job even if I was offered it. Was given a timeline of when they would call and begin training...never received that call. Literally a big waste of time.

Interview Questions

• How would you tell a parent their child cannot enter the center until tuition has been paid?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Kindercare

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kindercare (Omaha, NE) in September 2016.

Interview

Asked to be there a 6:30pm; interview started at 6:35 said they were running late and wanted to do two interviews together. At this point I was told that in fact the interview was actually for a teaching position. Was asked two questions then taken on a tour. (After seeing the facility I am not sure why people send their children there anyway.) I was asked two more questions during the tour then my interview was over. I talked to the person doing my tour about the fact that I had applied for Assistant Director their response was "wow I guess you got a surprise then." Both of my interviewers were Directors and there was obviously no communication between them. Was not offered a job or even contacted even though was told I would be. I would have never taken the job even if it was offered. It was all very unprofessional and a complete waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• Background questions
      Why I work with children
      What age groups I want to work with
      What I wanted in pay
      Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kindercare in September 2015.

Interview

I placed my resume in & within 24 hours I received a call for an interview,once I got to the interview it went great, I met with the regional manager & center director who were super awesome, the interview was suppose to be 2 parts but they loved my spirit & offered me a position right on the spot for a lead position, not the assistant director but advancement doesn't seem too far away. Super excited :-)

Interview Questions

• What are you strengths & weakness? Give me an experience where you had to give a bad report about a child to his/her parents? How did you start the conversation? What were the end results?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was very negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kindercare (Plano, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Very thorough but on site so you get to experience the atmosphere. Director was extremely honest anout expectations and friendly. The on site staff were polite and the VP was also flexible with the interview schedule.

Interview Questions

• Why kindercare? What can you bring to the organization?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kindercare (Renton, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

I set an appointment up on the recruiter's calendar, she cancelled it because of something that came up and apologized. I reset the appointment for a new date on her calendar. I had to move my appointment, because the KU company changed my work hours for that week and then I apologized for the inconvenience. She was very cordial and understanding and let me set another appointment that would work for my new work schedule. We finally connected, had a very short conversation. The position I was applying for had been filled.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I would consider working further from my home area. I was asked why I wanted the position. The regional managers are out of state for a huge conference, she's going to talk with the regional manager to see if I would be a good fit for an area close to my home area.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kindercare (Spokane, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

Assistant director had been filled but went in for a teacher job. Was handed the job in the first couple of questions. Did not have to do my background check or drug test until a few weeks into working. They were very disorganized.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Peters, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kindercare (Saint Peters, MO).

Interview

There are two interviews: a phone call and panel. Interviewers are not supposed to show emotion or give positive/negative reactions to answers. Panel interview lasts 30-45 minutes.They also ask several follow up questions to each main topic to ensure thorough and honest answers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you had to complete a task in which you did not have all the necessary supplies and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation available.

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

You submit a resume via the website. They will call you to set up for a formal interview. They have a standard set of questions they ask and many if them are situational questions.

Interview Questions

• What are ways for you to boost enrollment in the center if there are so many competitors around your center?   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kindercare in September 2013.

Interview

Submitted application. I was selected to a pre-screening where they asked me to complete a questionnaire about my work history. After that, I was asked to complete a phone interview with a recruiter. If you are a qualified candidate, you are asked to go to the cite for a face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions

• What state was your business in when you started? What is your business like now?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stafford, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kindercare (Stafford, VA).

Interview

I originally found the job posting on Craigslist and it led me to their website to begin the application process. A few days later, I received an email requesting a phone interview. A week later, I had an in-person interview with the Director of that location. The Director wore sweat pants. Despite our contrasting wardrobe choices, the interview went very well and I progressed onto the final stage: an interview with the regional director. (This time the Director wore slacks.) The third interview went wonderfully. They even made comments like "Can you start tomorrow?" and "You are exactly what we've been looking for!" They said they would let me know the following week.

One week later, I sent a follow-up email to the Corporate Representative. No response.
    4 days after the 1st email, I sent an email to the Director. No response.
    4 days after the 2nd email, I sent an email to the Corporate Representative that gave me the initial phone interview. No response.

20 days after my 3rd interview, I received a phone call from the Corporate Representative telling me that they chose another candidate.