Kindercare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 19, 2018

2.3

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kindercare (Washington, DC) in November 2017.

Interview

My interview with Sherah was incredible. She made it comfortable to open up and talk about myself, my past experiences, as well as my my future experiences. I am beyond excited to get start my career with KinderCare

Interview Questions

• If you and a coworker had a disagreement while class is going on how would you handle it?   2 Answers

Assistant Preschool Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindercare (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

Went on site after a telephone interview. Questions were focused on previous experience in childcare. It was a great experience overall. they were very understanding and showed me the whole work site. Answered all my questions very well.

Interview Questions

• What experience you have in childcare? How many children have you comfortably taken care off? how would you handle a child that is in pain or distress? questions mainly focused on childcare.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

Had an interview with the director, who asked several questions, to see if I was a right fit for her center. She asked about my experience, and also what would I add to her center as a teacher.

Interview Questions

• Why did I work in childcare?   1 Answer

Lead Preschool Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kindercare (Franklin, WI) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview was quick, director was awesome. I was offered a job on the spot. I felt right at home immediately. I applied online and was called that same day went in for interview the next day. Interview was easy because the director was so easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Director was very interested in what I was looking for, I really appreciated that   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kindercare (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2017.

Interview

casual and very good at having a over view of what they were offering you at the job, made sure to ask questions on how you would deal with different types of situations with the children

Interview Questions

• how often do you think you could keep the parents informed   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kindercare (Akron, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

Felt very comfortable... felt like they tried to get to know me as a person. Asked questions that were relevant to the job but weren't difficult. Wanted to know a lot about my experience and education background.

Interview Questions

• What brought you to this opportunity at KinderCare   1 Answer

Lead Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindercare (Lincoln, NE).

Interview

Lengthy. The director made it seem like a perfect job. Called over and over, finally got hired. Turns out everything she said was lies. Now I've been working a while and all the promises in the interview were bogus. They aren't hiring teachers throughout, just warm bodies in rooms to keep ratios at bay. Treat people horribly. Run now.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Teacher Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from the Center Director a couple of days later. We talked for about 10 minutes about my education and experience with children, and I was then asked to come in.

A couple of days later, I interviewed with a member of management. After discussing desired hours and pay, I was then taken to the classrooms so that I could observe and interact with the children.

Even though there were separate classrooms for the kindergarteners and school-agers, there were 30+ kids from both age groups all squeezed into one room together. I immediately noticed the teacher's worn-out appearance. She was friendly and answered my questions, but she was barely able to catch her breath in between mopping the floor, cleaning up the younger kids' art supplies, and trying to serve a meal. The assistant just stood around and even failed to notice that one of the children was crying. Upon leaving the room to continue the interview, I observed several managers chitchatting in the hallway.

I asked my interviewer several more questions about the child/teacher ratio and how disciplinary issues are handled. She was straightforward and honest with her answers, but then she started describing additional duties and responsibilities that were not listed in the original job description, such as driving the center bus and fixing broken toilets. These things are certainly not beneath me, but it would have been nice to know about them before wages were negotiated.

Aside from interacting with the sweet children, the experience did not give me a good impression of the company. I had read the deplorable reviews on here and other sites beforehand, but I tried going in with an open mind and the hopes that maybe this center was different. It wasn't. I declined my offer because, as much as I want to help children learn and grow, I have no desire to be a part of a company who severely undervalues and underpays their hardworking employees.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to drive the center bus to take children to and from school?   Answer Question

Assistant Preschool Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindercare (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

Pretty average and very fast type of interview. The guy interviewing me was very friendly. The whole process was a new experience for me. I thought that it would be a hard interview but the guy interviewing me was very professional.

Toddler Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kindercare in August 2017.

Interview

interviewed on the phone at first. typical interview questions about experience and why i wanted to work there. Then I interviewed with the center director. She was very friendly and easy to talk to and hired me right away.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't a difficult question it was all very typical I had more questions about how the place was ran than they had questions for me.   1 Answer