Kindercare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kindercare Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2018

2.2

Assistant Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

Very poor communication skills from recruiter. Originally missed our scheduled phone interview. She then called me out of the blue 4 days later and requested an in person interview. She asked me to call back later that day. I called back and was followed by no response, instead an email stating they were no longer interested in interviewing me.

Very poor communication. Why would I want to work for a company that does this? No longer interested. Not even phased.

Assistant Teacher Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

It was about an hour and i discussed my level of experience was asked about the items listed on my resume the person was very sweet and explained everything to me. I got hired the same day

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kindercare (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

Fairly easy and very friendly. Management was very professional and clear about their expectations and very knowledgeable about their center and how its run. Was given a whole explanation of what a work day is like and how the employee family operates. They were very communicative throughout the entire process.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kindercare (Louisville, KY) in January 2017.

Interview

I met with Leah for my interview at the Kindercare located on Zorn Avenue. She asked me a variety of questions including where I go to school, my major, my availability, and about my future experience with children.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate when I was available to work with considering I am a current college student. I would recommend to others to finish all of the online assessment as soon as possible if they are looking to get a job as quickly as possible.

Anonymous Employee in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kindercare (Sterling Heights, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

I was called for an interview a couple days after submitting my resume online. At the interview I was asked some questions by the director related to how I would handle certain situations and then I sat in on the PreK class for about an hour and a half. The only thing that I was assigned to do in that hour and a half was to help the students print their names on their cubby labels. I made sure that I interacted with the kids while they were doing carpet time. If they were fooling around I asked them to pay attention.when the teacher had the kids stand up and do I song I sang along.

Interview Questions

• How does a child learn best? And they gave three options.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindercare (Aurora, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Scheduled interview through email. Went for interview in front of 2 members of management team. The interview was approximately 30 minutes. I was asked situational questions. I felt relaxed and confident.

Interview Questions

• What is an important aspect of teaching children?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kindercare (Lancaster, PA).

Interview

You fill out your application and provide your resume. You receive a call for an interview. If things go well, you are placed in a classroom with an experienced teacher to see how well you will do.

Interview Questions

• They basically asked how I'd handle safety issues and moral issues in regards to co-workers.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kindercare (Milwaukee, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

Very laid back. Asked to fill out background check info then basic interview questions. After I spent about 15-20 minutes in the room of my choice asking questions and helping out. Lastly was asked more personal questions like rate of pay desired, availability, and what room I would like to work in best.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult situation you've had to deal with regarding children and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kindercare (Memphis, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty quick. I applied online in mid-June and had my first interview a week later. The director asked me a few questions for about 10 minutes, then one of the teachers gave me a tour of the facility while looking over my resume. Then she and the director asked me questions about my background. From there I was put in 2 different classroom settings so they could observe me with the children. Overall, I spent a little over 2.5 hours there for the 1st interview. A week later (this week), I received an invitation for a second interview with corporate. I'm hoping this means that I got the job!

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kindercare (Dayton, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

Application was online. Got an email from lady in charge of hiring and training. Had phone interview with her and director at center. Had a face to face interview with director. Dressed in business attire to impress director. Was asked a lot of questions about why I wanted to work there and my experience I had with young children. Was hired on the spot. Had to get drug test and background check, then two weeks of training, then started job.