Kindercare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kindercare Interview Questions

Updated Sep 7, 2017

2.3

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

Had an interview with the director, who asked several questions, to see if I was a right fit for her center. She asked about my experience, and also what would I add to her center as a teacher.

Interview Questions

• Why did I work in childcare?   1 Answer

Lead Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindercare (Lincoln, NE).

Interview

Lengthy. The director made it seem like a perfect job. Called over and over, finally got hired. Turns out everything she said was lies. Now I've been working a while and all the promises in the interview were bogus. They aren't hiring teachers throughout, just warm bodies in rooms to keep ratios at bay. Treat people horribly. Run now.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Teacher Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from the Center Director a couple of days later. We talked for about 10 minutes about my education and experience with children, and I was then asked to come in.

A couple of days later, I interviewed with a member of management. After discussing desired hours and pay, I was then taken to the classrooms so that I could observe and interact with the children.

Even though there were separate classrooms for the kindergarteners and school-agers, there were 30+ kids from both age groups all squeezed into one room together. I immediately noticed the teacher's worn-out appearance. She was friendly and answered my questions, but she was barely able to catch her breath in between mopping the floor, cleaning up the younger kids' art supplies, and trying to serve a meal. The assistant just stood around and even failed to notice that one of the children was crying. Upon leaving the room to continue the interview, I observed several managers chitchatting in the hallway.

I asked my interviewer several more questions about the child/teacher ratio and how disciplinary issues are handled. She was straightforward and honest with her answers, but then she started describing additional duties and responsibilities that were not listed in the original job description, such as driving the center bus and fixing broken toilets. These things are certainly not beneath me, but it would have been nice to know about them before wages were negotiated.

Aside from interacting with the sweet children, the experience did not give me a good impression of the company. I had read the deplorable reviews on here and other sites beforehand, but I tried going in with an open mind and the hopes that maybe this center was different. It wasn't. I declined my offer because, as much as I want to help children learn and grow, I have no desire to be a part of a company who severely undervalues and underpays their hardworking employees.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to drive the center bus to take children to and from school?   Answer Question

Assistant Preschool Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindercare (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

Pretty average and very fast type of interview. The guy interviewing me was very friendly. The whole process was a new experience for me. I thought that it would be a hard interview but the guy interviewing me was very professional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindercare (Dallas, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

It started off with a phone interview, then I got an in person interview. I went in for the interview that they had first scheduled for me, but when I got there, no one was there for me to have the interview. They told me that the head of the Kindercare that I was interviewing at had a meeting and could no longer meet with me and she simply forgot to call me and let me know. So I had to reschedule after I had driven all the way to Dallas for the initial interview. Then when I actually had the interview, they basically told me I was overqualified for the job.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have working with kids.   1 Answer

Assistant Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

Very poor communication skills from recruiter. Originally missed our scheduled phone interview. She then called me out of the blue 4 days later and requested an in person interview. She asked me to call back later that day. I called back and was followed by no response, instead an email stating they were no longer interested in interviewing me.

Very poor communication. Why would I want to work for a company that does this? No longer interested. Not even phased.

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kindercare in May 2017.

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me and initiated a phone interview. We had a nearly 1 hour phone interview and it was very positive. She was very knowledgeable about the company, we talked about my background, skills, and it ended on a very positive note with the expectation that I would proceed to the next round of phone interviews. I was instructed that they take their time and are slow to hire, so to contact her if I did not hear back within a week. I have reached out a few times since then (over five weeks ago) and have never heard back. I was disappointed as during the phone interview I was told that my background was a perfect fit and in line with the type of candidates they have been hiring with successful results. I would have liked to at least heard back, even if the resulting answer was no.

Interview Questions

• How did I think that I'd be able to translate my business/retail skills from leading product-oriented locations to a similar business model, but where the focus and priority is on the well being of children first.   Answer Question

Lead Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindercare (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2017.

Interview

Hour long process with child care related questions. The director wasn't present so two program specialists and teacher interviewed me. I left for a few hours then came back to do an observation. I stayed there for about a hour then after that they hired me!

Interview Questions

• Do you interfere when two children are fighting?   1 Answer

Assistant Teacher Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

It was about an hour and i discussed my level of experience was asked about the items listed on my resume the person was very sweet and explained everything to me. I got hired the same day

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

Contacted by phone and set up interview date with center director. Received interview and tour of the center from center director. CD took me to the classroom I would be hired for and observed my interactions and comfort level with the kids before completing the interview process.