Kindercare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.9

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

Very poor communication skills from recruiter. Originally missed our scheduled phone interview. She then called me out of the blue 4 days later and requested an in person interview. She asked me to call back later that day. I called back and was followed by no response, instead an email stating they were no longer interested in interviewing me.

Very poor communication. Why would I want to work for a company that does this? No longer interested. Not even phased.

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kindercare in May 2017.

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me and initiated a phone interview. We had a nearly 1 hour phone interview and it was very positive. She was very knowledgeable about the company, we talked about my background, skills, and it ended on a very positive note with the expectation that I would proceed to the next round of phone interviews. I was instructed that they take their time and are slow to hire, so to contact her if I did not hear back within a week. I have reached out a few times since then (over five weeks ago) and have never heard back. I was disappointed as during the phone interview I was told that my background was a perfect fit and in line with the type of candidates they have been hiring with successful results. I would have liked to at least heard back, even if the resulting answer was no.

Interview Questions

• How did I think that I'd be able to translate my business/retail skills from leading product-oriented locations to a similar business model, but where the focus and priority is on the well being of children first.   Answer Question

Center Director In Training Interview

Interview

I've had 2 phone interviews and they were conducted professionally. I am currently waiting on my face to face interview. Overall so far my experience has been very pleasant with the Recruiting Manager.

Interview Questions

• They were all very well composed and dealt with my experience as a former Director and how would I handle different issues if they were to arise.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindercare (Aurora, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Scheduled interview through email. Went for interview in front of 2 members of management team. The interview was approximately 30 minutes. I was asked situational questions. I felt relaxed and confident.

Interview Questions

• What is an important aspect of teaching children?   1 Answer

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kindercare (Rancho Cordova, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process starts with a recruiter phone screen which overall is pretty standard. 2nd interview is with an RVP. In this case it is a very unscripted, somewhat unprofessional interview with little to no structure. I've never encountered an interviewer who used such fowl language during a conversation, it was quite alarming.
    3rd interview is with an HR business partner that lasts about 30 mins and is not very engaging. Process is very dated and unprofessional for a company that is educating children.

Interview Questions

• Word association, if I say the word Brave what does it mean to you?   Answer Question
    • If I use the term accountability what does it mean to you?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Kindercare (Fayetteville, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone call to review company and position, second phone call to review experience, in person interview. Phone calls were pleasant and representative was knowledgeable. In person was pleasant as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell about your experience in listed previous positions   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindercare (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

The interviewer was 10 minutes late due to a emergency which was her daughter needing a ride to an extracurricular activity. I drove 2 hours and 20 minutes to the interview and was never compensated for it. The interviewer did not know the information contained on the companies website. Needless to say, I would not want to work for this company. They were not organized, asked a lot from and interviewee and they were trying to hire for a position that wasn't yet open due to them covering up for a director they wanted to fire. I would never work for a company I could not trust. I suggest the company look at their District Managers and hire people that are more professional.

Interview Questions

• They did not ask why I thought I would be the right candidate to hire.   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kindercare in October 2016.

Interview

Applied for the job and received a call for an interview 3 days later. Interview was at 10:30 - I get there and the CD is nowhere to be found. Had one of the teachers give me a "tour" by having me spend 30 mins in EACH classroom (to buy the CD some time for being late). Interview didn't actually start until 11:30. CD seemed unorganized and inattentive, however asked me to come back the next day for a second interview to meet with the district manager. Interview was for 2:00, but they called and asked for me to come in at 3:30... upon arriving at that time, my interview still did not begin until 5:00. Such a waste of time. Very unprofessional place and would not have accepted the job even if I was offered it. Was given a timeline of when they would call and begin training...never received that call. Literally a big waste of time.

Interview Questions

• How would you tell a parent their child cannot enter the center until tuition has been paid?   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kindercare (Omaha, NE) in September 2016.

Interview

Asked to be there a 6:30pm; interview started at 6:35 said they were running late and wanted to do two interviews together. At this point I was told that in fact the interview was actually for a teaching position. Was asked two questions then taken on a tour. (After seeing the facility I am not sure why people send their children there anyway.) I was asked two more questions during the tour then my interview was over. I talked to the person doing my tour about the fact that I had applied for Assistant Director their response was "wow I guess you got a surprise then." Both of my interviewers were Directors and there was obviously no communication between them. Was not offered a job or even contacted even though was told I would be. I would have never taken the job even if it was offered. It was all very unprofessional and a complete waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• Background questions
      Why I work with children
      What age groups I want to work with
      What I wanted in pay   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocky Hill, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindercare (Rocky Hill, CT) in June 2016.

Interview

I waited for a couple minutes for the interviewer. Then, she asked a couple questions ( why did I aply for that position, experience, age group preferences, salary expectations) very short. Finally, she said they would definitely call me for a second interview, this time looking for positive interactions in the classroom.