Kindercare Pre-kindergarten Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kindercare Pre-kindergarten Teacher Interview Questions

2.5

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Mundelein, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kindercare (Mundelein, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Around 20 minutes and not too difficult. Continuous interruption for director due to nature of her job. Overall decent questions proposed and level of difficulty not bad as musty common sense questions asked

Interview Questions

• How important is family communication and why?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Kindercare

Pre-kindergarten Teacher Interview

Interview

No interview, I informally met the director who I was referred to by a mutual friend and she hired me on the spot. Sent me to do a background check that day and then to orientation the following week. Policy has changed since. They must call professional references now before hiring a candidate.

Negotiation

None.

Pre-kindergarten Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

I applied to the position from a Craig's List post. Was emailed almost instantly and asked to come in for any interview. I interviewed with the center director and was offered the job within a few days. Unfortunately, at the time I was currently employed for a few more months. The center director understood and asked me to get in contact with her at the end of that employment if I was still interested in a position. I emailed her and was asked to come in right away to begin training.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really out of the ordinary, to be honest. There were a couple "please tell me what you would do in this situation..." but otherwise it was all pretty straightforward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kindercare (Henderson, NV) in October 2011.

Interview

I saw the ad on Craigslist and was contacted right away by the center director. The other teacher had quit after giving only 2 days notice. I went in for the interview and the director was very impressed by me - I have a BA degree and am close to getting another in Elem. ED. She asked me how much I was expecting to earn (hourly wage), and I was astute enough to declare I would not take less than $15 an hour! Be careful of any promises the director makes to you! Get it in writing or you will regret it. She told me she would work around my schedule, as I was doing private tutoring at the time. My first day on the job she said"I'm sorry, I need you to be here 'til 6:30 PM every night, we have no one to cover for you, please inform your clients you'll no longer be tutoring." She did this to my co-worker who had wanted to get off early on Fridays, due to religious reasons, at the interview, she said "OK", but on my co-worker's first day of work, she told her the same thing she said to me. The moral: She will promise anything to you to get you to work there, as soon as you are hired she reneges on her promises.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate by saying I would not accept less than $15 an hour! Since the director liked me and was in a bind to hire someone, she said "I'll let you know." She called me back within half an hour and said "I spoke with my colleagues and you were approved for that wage." I advise others to insist in a nice way that you will not work for less, it worked for me. Also any promises she makes to you, get it in writing.

Pre-kindergarten Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kindercare in March 2012.

Interview

The very next day after submitting my online application I received a phone call for an interview. The interview was very relaxed; I went directly to the Program Director's office and she asked me to tell me about myself. I talked about my interests, my college career, experiences, etc. Be prepared to answer questions about what the most rewarding thing about being a teacher is for you, what you would do in a difficult situation with a child, or with an altercation between students.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not very difficult, some of them I felt I couldn't answer because I didn't have experience with it. I think the question was about what I had done when a child told me something inappropriate. I simply told her that I had never been in that situation but I would certainly speak to the director if I felt a situation was out of my control or my capability to handle.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked me what my expected salary was and I asked for $15-20/hr. She said the most they could give a certified teacher was $12/hr, but there was possibility for raises in the future. They also were looking for me to work the 8-5/9-6 schedule, and I told them my schedule was flexible. Most early morning schedules are taken by employees with seniority (the 6:30-3:30 shift)