Kindercare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kindercare Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2017

2.3

Several Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Applied several times with Kindercare. I had maybe a few interviews. I would see a position apply and hear nothing. Week/month latter see a similar job posted. Why don’t they just hire me? I have the education and experience for the positions I am applying for. Finally one day I got a response in a form of a letter from there attorneys saying I apply to much, they are not going to hire me and stop applying. Is this legal? Isn’t that discrimination? I would not recommend them.   Answer Question

Assistant Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scranton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kindercare (Scranton, PA).

Interview

Online application or in person one. Face to face after that with a center tour. Pre employment interaction when you come in for an hour and work with staff and children to see how you interact. If the director sees you fit, they send the application, interview notes etc... to corporate to make a decision. You also have to have all of your clearances and I believe a minimum of a CDA

Center Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kindercare (Portland, OR) in September 2010.

Interview

It went good. The people were nice to me and made me feel relaxed and comfortable. I just told them that I thought I would do a good job and that was OK with the kind of stuff they had in mind for me. I am happy it went so great and they hired me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Told them I wanted, they gave it to me.

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Peters, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kindercare (Saint Peters, MO).

Interview

There are two interviews: a phone call and panel. Interviewers are not supposed to show emotion or give positive/negative reactions to answers. Panel interview lasts 30-45 minutes.They also ask several follow up questions to each main topic to ensure thorough and honest answers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you had to complete a task in which you did not have all the necessary supplies and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation available.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kindercare (Portland, OR) in June 2009.

Interview

The process was very long. It began with an initial phone discussion with an internal recruiter followed by a fairly long phone interview with the same recruiter. The next step consisted of a marathon session of in-person interviews in their corporate office with a variety of finance, operations and senior leadership staff. There were 3 individual interviews, 1 panel interview and 1 phone interview with an interviewer who was working from home that particular day.

Interview Questions

• The length of the in-person interview was the most difficult part. Also, several of the interviewers were unprepared and didn't have many questions to ask so I had to be more creative to explain why I was qualified for the position.   Answer Question

Infant Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kindercare (Dallas, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

It felt like the most difficult interview i had ever been in because i was interviewed by the director and district manager at the same time.

Interview Questions

• Almost all of the questions were difficult coming from the district manager because kindercare not only goes by state minimum standards, they also have accreditation so they expect more from their staff. I got nervous at some point.   Answer Question

Toddler Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sylvania, OH

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kindercare (Sylvania, OH) in July 2007.

Interview

Came in for interview just took info and never called back..................

Interview Questions

• How much do u expect to earn????????? What was the pay of ur last job????????   Answer Question

Assistant Preschool Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindercare (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

Pretty average and very fast type of interview. The guy interviewing me was very friendly. The whole process was a new experience for me. I thought that it would be a hard interview but the guy interviewing me was very professional.

Teacher Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from the Center Director a couple of days later. We talked for about 10 minutes about my education and experience with children, and I was then asked to come in.

A couple of days later, I interviewed with a member of management. After discussing desired hours and pay, I was then taken to the classrooms so that I could observe and interact with the children.

Even though there were separate classrooms for the kindergarteners and school-agers, there were 30+ kids from both age groups all squeezed into one room together. I immediately noticed the teacher's worn-out appearance. She was friendly and answered my questions, but she was barely able to catch her breath in between mopping the floor, cleaning up the younger kids' art supplies, and trying to serve a meal. The assistant just stood around and even failed to notice that one of the children was crying. Upon leaving the room to continue the interview, I observed several managers chitchatting in the hallway.

I asked my interviewer several more questions about the child/teacher ratio and how disciplinary issues are handled. She was straightforward and honest with her answers, but then she started describing additional duties and responsibilities that were not listed in the original job description, such as driving the center bus and fixing broken toilets. These things are certainly not beneath me, but it would have been nice to know about them before wages were negotiated.

Aside from interacting with the sweet children, the experience did not give me a good impression of the company. I had read the deplorable reviews on here and other sites beforehand, but I tried going in with an open mind and the hopes that maybe this center was different. It wasn't. I declined my offer because, as much as I want to help children learn and grow, I have no desire to be a part of a company who severely undervalues and underpays their hardworking employees.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to drive the center bus to take children to and from school?   Answer Question

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rohnert Park, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindercare (Rohnert Park, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward. Ask you certain senerios and how you would handle those situations. Then they have you tour the center and different classrooms to show you how every day life in teh center is like and that is pretty much it until they call you in for a possible second interview.

Interview Questions

• If I had a problem with a teacher how would I handle it?   1 Answer