Kindercare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kindercare Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2017

2.3

Center Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

I applied online for a number of different Director positions and received an email for each. The emails were vague and didn't tell me which site the interviews were for (I wanted to know because some of the cities were more desirable than others). I asked the person I was in contact with and he refused to tell me. Even so, I set up a phone interview for one of the positions the following day. I prepared all night and woke up very early the next day for final preparations.

The scheduled time came...and passed. I waited two hours and the interviewer never called. Haven't heard a think since.

I haven't heard from them at all.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

I applied through a walk in, the interview was almost too easy and made it seem like they would hire just about anyone.

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

You submit a resume via the website. They will call you to set up for a formal interview. They have a standard set of questions they ask and many if them are situational questions.

Interview Questions

• What are ways for you to boost enrollment in the center if there are so many competitors around your center?   Answer Question

Interview

No interview, I informally met the director who I was referred to by a mutual friend and she hired me on the spot. Sent me to do a background check that day and then to orientation the following week. Policy has changed since. They must call professional references now before hiring a candidate.

Negotiation

None.

Preschool Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kindercare (Alexandria, VA) in April 2013.

Interview

You have your initial interview where you come in with your resume and discuss your career, then once that is completed you have your work in in interview where you will spend a couple of hours with the children to see how you would best fit in the classroom, if that is good and they plan on hiring you, you go through background check to make sure of no record of neglect.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with children   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Interview

all done on computer the hiring manager was not polite it was an awful experience I can't fathom how she acts now at another center she didn't keep the main entrances nor office clean

Lead Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kindercare in April 2016.

Interview

The Director asked questions to define me, she then asked more questions about what I applied for. She then took me into the toddler classroom to see how I interacted with kids. After 15 mins, she asked how I liked it. Then gave me a paper and told me to wait for an email because she had more interviews. Still waiting, my interview was yesterday though.

Interview Questions

• How would you lead a classroom?

What do you do to build a relationship with children?
      Answer Question

Lead Teacher Interview

Interview

One inital face to face interview with the center director followed by a phone interview with corporate . Both went smoothly and were stress free. The hiring process was mainly completed online and included many tedious surveys and questionnaires.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated my hourly rate by 1$, doesnt hurt to ask!

Support Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

easy one stop interview with CD and AD. they need a person right away and I had a strong recommendation letter from the previous employer plus an insider referral. the interview was more for formality than being a real one.

Interview Questions

• your strength and weakness?
      how do you handle a stressful situation
      lots of behavioral questions
      Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kindercare in March 2013.

Interview

Very quick I was in and out in about 10 minutes. The center director was very personable. Some of the staff that I encountered during my tour were rude and dress very unprofessionally.