Kindercare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 16, 2017

2.3

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kindercare (Rancho Cordova, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process starts with a recruiter phone screen which overall is pretty standard. 2nd interview is with an RVP. In this case it is a very unscripted, somewhat unprofessional interview with little to no structure. I've never encountered an interviewer who used such fowl language during a conversation, it was quite alarming.
    3rd interview is with an HR business partner that lasts about 30 mins and is not very engaging. Process is very dated and unprofessional for a company that is educating children.

Interview Questions

• Word association, if I say the word Brave what does it mean to you?   Answer Question
    • If I use the term accountability what does it mean to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindercare (Aurora, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Scheduled interview through email. Went for interview in front of 2 members of management team. The interview was approximately 30 minutes. I was asked situational questions. I felt relaxed and confident.

Interview Questions

• What is an important aspect of teaching children?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kindercare (Sterling Heights, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

I was called for an interview a couple days after submitting my resume online. At the interview I was asked some questions by the director related to how I would handle certain situations and then I sat in on the PreK class for about an hour and a half. The only thing that I was assigned to do in that hour and a half was to help the students print their names on their cubby labels. I made sure that I interacted with the kids while they were doing carpet time. If they were fooling around I asked them to pay attention.when the teacher had the kids stand up and do I song I sang along.

Interview Questions

• How does a child learn best? And they gave three options.   1 Answer

Center Director In Training Interview

Interview

I've had 2 phone interviews and they were conducted professionally. I am currently waiting on my face to face interview. Overall so far my experience has been very pleasant with the Recruiting Manager.

Interview Questions

• They were all very well composed and dealt with my experience as a former Director and how would I handle different issues if they were to arise.   Answer Question

Lead Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindercare in September 2016.

Interview

It was a very quick and easy process. Be prepared to do a lesson on your second interview. My Kindercare offered me the position after my second interview, but I am sure it varies depending on location.

Lead Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kindercare (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in May 2013.

Interview

I was emailed about setting up an interview. I met with the director and assistant director at the Center where I applied at. It was a conversation style interview with general, expected questions. They told me then that they were going to hire me after my background check and would be in touch.

Interview Questions

• What were your previous experiences like working with children?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kindercare in January 2017.

Interview

The process was simple. I applied online on indeed and received an email the following day about scheduling an interview and filling in their online application. I completed the online application and questionnaire as requested by the company. Afterwards, I went to the scheduled in person interview and it was a mess, I arrived on time and they had me wait for over twenty minutes to be seen. I was then introduced to the director of the location that was hiring, the director of another location, and the director of multiple locations. The interview was very uncomfortable since I had to sit in front of three people for a few minutes, than the director of the branch just left mid interview and I had no idea who was considering me for the opening. They only asked a couple of questions that didn't seem relevant to the position. Furthermore, the director was extremely loud for some reason, so my ears really hurt after the interview. They never went into details about the salary or hourly wage but, they asked me what I was looking for, and it seemed that they weren't willing to pay it, so I didn't know why it didn't end there. Instead, they asked if I was interested in another position than had me sit for another half a hour to speak with the director. Finally, the director came out, only to ask me if I filled out the application, and I responded with a confirmation of yes, than the director proceeded to tell me that he would look over it and get back to me tomorrow. Honestly, after the experience I had with them, it left a bad taste in my mouth, so as soon as I heard back from the director; I was brutally honest that I didn't appreciate the way I was treated in the interview and it wouldn't be a good fit.

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kindercare in January 2017.

Interview

We're very nice .Had a lot of great benifits hours are great if your very family orintated .Paid vacation holiday and sick days offered .Also classes avaloble to you.They have to do a back round check that take a while.

Interview Questions

• Do you like working with children   1 Answer

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ormond Beach, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kindercare (Ormond Beach, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Very detailed, interviewer was very polite. Staff was friendly. Had a tour of facility, and met the children. Planning was explained in detail and they background of Kinder Care was also explained.

Interview Questions

• Years working with children   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kindercare (Louisville, KY) in January 2017.

Interview

I met with Leah for my interview at the Kindercare located on Zorn Avenue. She asked me a variety of questions including where I go to school, my major, my availability, and about my future experience with children.

Interview Questions

• Where do you go to school?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate when I was available to work with considering I am a current college student. I would recommend to others to finish all of the online assessment as soon as possible if they are looking to get a job as quickly as possible.