Kindercare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kindercare Interview Questions

Updated Oct 8, 2017

2.3

Assistant Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

Very poor communication skills from recruiter. Originally missed our scheduled phone interview. She then called me out of the blue 4 days later and requested an in person interview. She asked me to call back later that day. I called back and was followed by no response, instead an email stating they were no longer interested in interviewing me.

Very poor communication. Why would I want to work for a company that does this? No longer interested. Not even phased.

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kindercare in May 2017.

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me and initiated a phone interview. We had a nearly 1 hour phone interview and it was very positive. She was very knowledgeable about the company, we talked about my background, skills, and it ended on a very positive note with the expectation that I would proceed to the next round of phone interviews. I was instructed that they take their time and are slow to hire, so to contact her if I did not hear back within a week. I have reached out a few times since then (over five weeks ago) and have never heard back. I was disappointed as during the phone interview I was told that my background was a perfect fit and in line with the type of candidates they have been hiring with successful results. I would have liked to at least heard back, even if the resulting answer was no.

Interview Questions

• How did I think that I'd be able to translate my business/retail skills from leading product-oriented locations to a similar business model, but where the focus and priority is on the well being of children first.   Answer Question

Lead Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindercare (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2017.

Interview

Hour long process with child care related questions. The director wasn't present so two program specialists and teacher interviewed me. I left for a few hours then came back to do an observation. I stayed there for about a hour then after that they hired me!

Interview Questions

• Do you interfere when two children are fighting?   1 Answer

Assistant Teacher Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

It was about an hour and i discussed my level of experience was asked about the items listed on my resume the person was very sweet and explained everything to me. I got hired the same day

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

Contacted by phone and set up interview date with center director. Received interview and tour of the center from center director. CD took me to the classroom I would be hired for and observed my interactions and comfort level with the kids before completing the interview process.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kindercare (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

I filled out an application and turned it in later that day. I was asked if I was available for an interview right on the spot. I was asked a series of questions and immediately got the job pending on a background test.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with children?   1 Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

It was simple. Just walked in and said I had a background in kids, I walked through and interacted with the kids and got a call two days later

Preschool Teacher Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

Was 45 minute interview and it went well. The director was super nice. I got a tour that same day. She showed me the class I will be in and introduced me to other teachers.

Lead Preschool Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kindercare (Arlington, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

My interview was about 45 mins long. I was interviewed by the director and assistant director. They were both very nice and asked me a lot of questions about my experience and background. The director explained the way the curriculum was set up and even showed me the book that they used... I was impressed. She explained to me what she was looking for and asked me what I had to offer, along with that she presented me with several different scenarios to see how I would respond. I enjoyed their process and it was a relief to hear their passion for education and improving the facility. I was sent an offer letter the next day and was able to complete new hire paperwork online.

Lead Teacher, Prekindergarten Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lumberton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindercare (Lumberton, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

Very nice! Typical questions and asked about your experience. Lasted about 30 mins. They were very friendly and explained how the Center works and what a day is like. They showed me around the Center after the interview and after the tour of the center they told me they had another interview to conduct and they will be in touch.

Interview Questions

• They ask have you handled any difficult situations and how did you handle them?   1 Answer