Kindercare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 16, 2017

2.3

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindercare (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

The interviewer was 10 minutes late due to a emergency which was her daughter needing a ride to an extracurricular activity. I drove 2 hours and 20 minutes to the interview and was never compensated for it. The interviewer did not know the information contained on the companies website. Needless to say, I would not want to work for this company. They were not organized, asked a lot from and interviewee and they were trying to hire for a position that wasn't yet open due to them covering up for a director they wanted to fire. I would never work for a company I could not trust. I suggest the company look at their District Managers and hire people that are more professional.

Interview Questions

• They did not ask why I thought I would be the right candidate to hire.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Buena Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kindercare (Buena Park, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

fair, details. Friendly and check with previous employers. Very thorough process. Very informative and detail about the working environment and expectation. Tour the campus and get a feeling of what it would be if teach at this location. Supportive and friendly staff and director

Assistant Toddler/Preschool Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

Easy, laid back, others dressed just in jeans and sweatshirt. Asked to fill out a lengthy assessment online. Remember your password u will need it to see if u got the job.

Interview Questions

The pay was less then what I make at my current job.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kindercare (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

After applying Online, I received a call to meet ASAP. There was a short meeting with the director and assistant director with basic questions and then a quick tour. High turnover rate and always hiring to some degree.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions of how and why you started in childcare. Why you are interested in education or certain age groups.   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kindercare in October 2016.

Interview

Applied for the job and received a call for an interview 3 days later. Interview was at 10:30 - I get there and the CD is nowhere to be found. Had one of the teachers give me a "tour" by having me spend 30 mins in EACH classroom (to buy the CD some time for being late). Interview didn't actually start until 11:30. CD seemed unorganized and inattentive, however asked me to come back the next day for a second interview to meet with the district manager. Interview was for 2:00, but they called and asked for me to come in at 3:30... upon arriving at that time, my interview still did not begin until 5:00. Such a waste of time. Very unprofessional place and would not have accepted the job even if I was offered it. Was given a timeline of when they would call and begin training...never received that call. Literally a big waste of time.

Interview Questions

• How would you tell a parent their child cannot enter the center until tuition has been paid?   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kindercare (Omaha, NE) in September 2016.

Interview

Asked to be there a 6:30pm; interview started at 6:35 said they were running late and wanted to do two interviews together. At this point I was told that in fact the interview was actually for a teaching position. Was asked two questions then taken on a tour. (After seeing the facility I am not sure why people send their children there anyway.) I was asked two more questions during the tour then my interview was over. I talked to the person doing my tour about the fact that I had applied for Assistant Director their response was "wow I guess you got a surprise then." Both of my interviewers were Directors and there was obviously no communication between them. Was not offered a job or even contacted even though was told I would be. I would have never taken the job even if it was offered. It was all very unprofessional and a complete waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• Background questions
      Why I work with children
      What age groups I want to work with
      What I wanted in pay
      Answer Question

Lead Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindercare in September 2016.

Interview

It was a very quick and easy process. Be prepared to do a lesson on your second interview. My Kindercare offered me the position after my second interview, but I am sure it varies depending on location.

Support Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

easy one stop interview with CD and AD. they need a person right away and I had a strong recommendation letter from the previous employer plus an insider referral. the interview was more for formality than being a real one.

Interview Questions

• your strength and weakness?
      how do you handle a stressful situation
      lots of behavioral questions
      Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

(this is the same for all companies under the same larger umbrella organization) Received a tour of the grounds. Standard questions were asked about experience, teaching philosophy, and salary expectations. I submitted online through a site like glassdoor/indeed, and after a couple weeks received a call from a recruiter. The phone interview was longer than the in person interview, but both were relatively easy as long as you have experience working with kids and can provide examples of situations you've encountered, and how you handled difficult and stressful situations with children and parents. After the in person interview I was hired the next day.

Interview Questions

• What is your teaching philosophy?   1 Answer

Preschool Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindercare.

Interview

In the interview, it was a very relaxed environment. We were in the director's office where I sat with her as she asked me the normal questions. The director put emphasis on how I responded to all of Kindercare's promises to parents like relationships with parents and students, etc.

Interview Questions

• A lot of the question that were asked had to do with Kindercare's "promises" to parents. The director asked me how I would follow up with these promises or how I would enable them to happen - such as how I would build meaningful relationships with students and families, how I would bring up a problem with students, etc.   Answer Question