Kindercare Lead Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kindercare Lead Teacher Interview Questions

Updated Jan 31, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Kindercare (Gaithersburg, MD).

Interview

Applied online, contacted by center director with week. In person interview was very pleasant.....talked about experience, goals, etc. Director told me about position and center, took a brief tour. Was pretty much hired on the spot and told to look for follow-up emails. Received formal offer letter within week.

Interview Questions

• Having an extensive resume in ECE, what is one of your favorite memories?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not need to negotiate, was offered much more than current job

Other Interview Reviews for Kindercare

Lead Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindercare in September 2016.

Interview

It was a very quick and easy process. Be prepared to do a lesson on your second interview. My Kindercare offered me the position after my second interview, but I am sure it varies depending on location.

Lead Teacher Interview

Interview

One inital face to face interview with the center director followed by a phone interview with corporate . Both went smoothly and were stress free. The hiring process was mainly completed online and included many tedious surveys and questionnaires.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated my hourly rate by 1$, doesnt hurt to ask!

Anonymous Employee in Chatham, NJ

Interview

Easy. Pretty Standard for a teaching position. There was first a quick phone introduction and that is when we scheduled a day to come in and have an interview. They hired me on the spot and we took a tour of the location. After my fingerprints were in I was able to start working.

Interview Questions

• If you had an unhappy parent, how would you deal with the situation?   Answer Question

Lead Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kindercare in April 2016.

Interview

The Director asked questions to define me, she then asked more questions about what I applied for. She then took me into the toddler classroom to see how I interacted with kids. After 15 mins, she asked how I liked it. Then gave me a paper and told me to wait for an email because she had more interviews. Still waiting, my interview was yesterday though.

Interview Questions

• How would you lead a classroom?

What do you do to build a relationship with children?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sammamish, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kindercare (Sammamish, WA).

Interview

I was interviewed by the Director, she was very professional and courteous. I was then asked for a second interview with Curriculum Director. I was told after that they would contact me, and they did a day later. I found the whole process very efficient and enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• I thought her questions were forthright. She also gave a very accurate description of the job and what was expected of me as a teacher in her school.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chatham, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kindercare (Chatham, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

The process took a few weeks after all the paper work and fingerprints. I got called for an interview and went in that same week for an in person interview. The supervisor hired me on the spot and immediately set up my fingerprint appointment there in the office.

Interview Questions

• Everything was pretty simple. "If you had a parent come in upset over something, how would you handle it?" "What age group do you like to work with the best and why?" "Name three words that explain you the best."   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate and the supervisor was not able to but explained I could get a raise after working. I received a raise after two months.

Lead Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kindercare in August 2015.

Interview

The interview went very well, the Director spent time with me asking me about my experience and asking me how I would handle different situations. She took me around to see each class and to share how things are done at the center.

Interview Questions

• How often would you talk to the parents of the Children in your class?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kindercare (Vernon Hills, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I was greeted by the director who was friendly and professional. She asked me many "getting to know me " questions to determine the fit. I barely got home with an electronic job offer. The center was clean, inviting, and the employees were friendly. The center also had national accreditation which says a lot about the director who has been there for many years.

Interview Questions

• What age group do you prefer? How would you handle parent concerns, why do you want to work Here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kindercare (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Very brief. Asked why you want to work here. I told them my background in education. Spoke about salary and benefits. Had me sit in on classes to see if I enjoyed working with children and in that environment. Had a follow-up interview.